Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #91
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
Should we start a petition on facebook???
Put it on Twitter.
That's where to find all the TWIT politicians that seem to be ignoring the nation and sugarcoating this treasonous act of bastardry. (This is not politically aligned; both sides want it).

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 12-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #92
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I have also signed both petitions.

I do enjoy reading Andrew Bolt's articles he tends to avoid getting caught up in the BS trap that is 'politicial correctness' and tells it like it is.

I sometimes shudder when I bring up politics or issues such as this with people. Some people just have no idea and don't even want to know. One person told me they voted for Krudd because he 'had nice hair.' Wow..
Old 12-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #93
Cosmo Kramer
Relaxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
I have also signed both petitions.

I do enjoy reading Andrew Bolt's articles he tends to avoid getting caught up in the BS trap that is 'politicial correctness' and tells it like it is.

I sometimes shudder when I bring up politics or issues such as this with people. Some people just have no idea and don't even want to know. One person told me they voted for Krudd because he 'had nice hair.' Wow..

Bolt also has a letter to the PM for everyone to sign.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...al_conspiracy/

Regards
Old 12-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #94
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BA GT-HO

check out 6 pages of rubbish in another forum ive posted on

http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=181730
Old 12-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #95
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO

What do think of Andrew's view of the governments proposed internet filter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREW BOLT Q&A 26 March, 2009
... Well, I think a lot of people are getting very worried about something that hasn't actually been decided or rolled out. I think it's incredible and it's not as if there's only one right at stake, which is the right to masturbate over photos of children being raped. I mean, that's not the only right at stake here. There's another right, and that's the right to protect children, and I think it all comes down to how does it actually work in practice. And if it does, indeed, do what some of these people are getting hyper about, you know, slow internet speeds by 87 per cent or stop people from looking at legitimate political sites, I'm sure I would bet my bottom dollar that Steve (Conroy) won't approve it....
I think Andrew Bolt will say whatever will get him the most attention. Which is why he has the job he has, he's good at it.
Old 13-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #96
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Here's my letter to the PM.

Dear Prime Minister,

I do not want you to sign this ridiculous treaty in Copenhagen and I think
your idea of the ETS will be horrendous to our economy. Our contribution to
CO2 emissions is almost non-existant in any case. Hamstringing our great
economy, the one your government inherited from the Coalition, would be a
dodgy move at best.

Your attack on Andrew Bolt and others who share his opinion is highly
undemocratic and I think un Australian. I think you owe them an apology.

Your assertions that everyone agrees that climate change is man made are
certainly not shared by the majority of scientists around the world.

Kind regards, may God grant you eyes to see the truth, and respect the
opinions of the growing number of Australians who are tired of being bashed
with the Climate Change scaremongering of the MSM.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 13-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #97
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
What do think of Andrew's view of the governments proposed internet filter?

I think Andrew Bolt will say whatever will get him the most attention. Which is why he has the job he has, he's good at it.

Ad hominem; when the messenger gets attacked for conveying the message.

Who else in recent history attacks individuals because they are too dumb or cunning to be able to debate the policies that will affect everyone in this nation?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 13-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #98
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Ad hominem; when the messenger gets attacked for conveying the message.

Who else in recent history attacks individuals because they are too dumb or cunning to be able to debate the policies that will affect everyone in this nation?
When "reporters" editorialise are we not right to question their motivations?

Andrew Bolt and Lord Christopher Monckton are journalists. Journalists report the news.

Journalists are more than welcome to form their own opinions, and to draw attention to themselves while doing it. I don't believe it is shooting the messenger to point it out.
Old 14-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #99
Barry_v
rocknrolla

I'm getting damn annoyed at the news reporting that the sea is going to rise in excess of a metre in the next 100 years. that exquates to 10mm+ AVERAGE for that time. the first thing I did was go to the CSIRO website and check the actual data recorded. over the last 2 decades the average rise has been 3.3mm per year (note its not actually showing any acceleration). i'd love to see how they came up with their scientific predictions to get such unprecidented acceleration.
Old 23-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #100
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Bary almost all predictions are based on computer simulations, which of course need data which is easy enough but also need someone to program a simulation calculator. Well it's pretty easy to make the program say whatever you bloody well like if you're writing it.

On another note, God love George Negus, you know for a man who is trying to make climate change believers of us all he seems to be best at shooting his cause down every time.

Tonights Lateline proves that the Australian government, amongst others of course, should not even bother attending the Copenhagen summit and save us all some money. They had two Indian academics, both advisors to the Indian government saying that India and China should not be forced into signing any agreement. That they should not be punished for the pollution that America and ,oh yes, Australia have caused.

So the fact that they have over a billion population a piece and the fact that most of the poor which would be well over 90% of this burn smoke emitting fires on a daily basis has no bearing whatsoever on any climate issues??

The fact that they are the two biggest emitters of coal fired pollution in the world also has no bearing??

That they are the worlds biggest users of resources int he last 10 years must in that case be a pointless argument I suppose??

When did Australia become a major pollutor?? Or do they count that we sell them and China the coal that we are guilty of collaboration and therefore need to share some of the burden??

If India and China don't sign then the entire treaty is nothing more than another junket for MPs.

On that note, the Danish Minister running the treaty show admitted that they have not even got any way of punishing those signees who might actually not make an effort to achieve any targets agreed to at this summit.

So please again tell me how we are going to save the planet by introducing a new tax that will close many small to medium businesses that will in effect cause the loss of many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of jobs. Don't just think immediate but think also of the suppliers for these businesses that no longer have a demand for their wears.

Oh ye and the kicker, how's this for a farce, this week Penny Wrong and Andrew Mcfart have been in negotiations with some of Australias biggest emitters to try to work out some kind of compensation package for them. What about me?? Can I get compensated once it comes in, I mean I may have to close up because any additional taxes might just send me to the wall financially. And if I lose my truck will the government bail me out??

Stick that in your pipes and get a'smokin.
Old 23-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #101
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
the first thing I did was go to the CSIRO website and check the actual data recorded. over the last 2 decades the average rise has been 3.3mm per year (note its not actually showing any acceleration). \.

That also equates to 66cm in that time, sorry but all the beaches I've known since I was a kid are still at the same levels, and I'm 37 so I think I'd have noticed that much of a change.

If you think 66cm isn't much then get yourself a laser level and staff and go to the beach and stand right at the edge of the water, take a mark then move up the beach till you have come exactly 66cm higher than the mark point. I bet you're about half way up the beach aren't you. By this calculation from the CSIRO we should be under water in about 40-50 years, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And they say sceptics pull figures out of their a$$.
Old 23-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #102
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
That also equates to 66cm in that time, sorry but all the beaches I've known since I was a kid are still at the same levels, and I'm 37 so I think I'd have noticed that much of a change.

If you think 66cm isn't much then get yourself a laser level and staff and go to the beach and stand right at the edge of the water, take a mark then move up the beach till you have come exactly 66cm higher than the mark point. I bet you're about half way up the beach aren't you. By this calculation from the CSIRO we should be under water in about 40-50 years, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And they say sceptics pull figures out of their a$$.
3.3mm a year over 20 years is 66mm or 6.6cm
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 23-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #103
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is there no mention by either the Labor or Liberal MP's how much of our GDP we have to give away once this treaty is signed? The silence from both parties is deafening!
Old 23-11-2009, 03:42 AM   #104
bluestreak
Atmo-6 CruiseMissilePilot

Location: Beechboro WA or in a deep dark hole in the desert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Why is there no mention by either the Labor or Liberal MP's how much of our GDP we have to give away once this treaty is signed? The silence from both parties is deafening!
"I was elected to lead, not read. Number three."

I'd actually be surprised if pollies in either party knew what they were agreeing to. They don't have to waste time reading any of that garbage - they pay people to do that for them.

Or if they do know, I'll bet they're banking that we don't!

Cheers

:

Mildly modified BF XR6 (Mine - for now)
Luxurious BFII Fairmont Ghia (Hers)
4x4 PX XLT Ranger (As soon as it gets here!!)

Ladies - if a man says he'll do a job, he will do it. There's no need to hassle him about it every six months or so...
Old 23-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #105
rodderz

Hackers last week got into the email system of some UK scientists, who were talking about how frustrating it is to find proof that climate change exists and that it is from man-made activities-
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...92-401,00.html
Old 23-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #106
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Scientist Ben Santer is quoted as saying he would like to "talk to a few of these (sceptics) in a dark alley".

That's scary to think that some people's agenda's are so strong that they would resort to heavy handed tactics in order to sway them to their thinking, or to just shut them up!
Old 23-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #107
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Further to Rodderz, a LIB MP wrote:-

Quote:
I can't believe the lack of media attention on the East Anglia CRU hack. What we have, if all the emails are legit, as appears to be the case, probably one of the greatest scientific scandals of the last century at least, one that will probably cost the world trillions. Where are the hardened, grizzled investigative reporters?
Read some of those emails here and see also Google:-
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/1...iles-released/

Hopeless, really.
Old 23-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #108
cob115
COUPE WHORE

[QUOTE=Keepleft]Further to Rodderz, a LIB MP wrote:-

Read some of those emails here and see also Google:-

i agree,the media are so far left of centre ,the truth is some thing there not intrested in

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 23-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #109
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
3.3mm a year over 20 years is 66mm or 6.6cm

LOL sorry it was kinda late, my apologies
Old 23-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #110
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak
I'd actually be surprised if pollies in either party knew what they were agreeing to. They don't have to waste time reading any of that garbage - they pay people to do that for them.

Or if they do know, I'll bet they're banking that we don't!

Cheers

:

They know all right, I'd dare say that's why so many of the Libs are playing sceptic, it's easier to go that way than to admit this will cost big in the future, they may just get power back again so need to be careful what they say. If they go on the record then people will be expecting them to right the wrong should they get back in power whereas this way they can plead ignorance much easier in that event.
Old 23-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #111
Hillbilly F Truck

Default Nations to seek billions in 'climate debt'

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...005962,00.html

Quote:
CENTRAL American nations will demand $US105 billion ($114.2 billion) from industrialised countries for damages caused by global warming, the region's representatives say. Central American environment ministers gathered in Guatemala overnight to discuss the so-called "ecological debt" owed to them and to set out a common position ahead of climate talks in Copenhagen next month.
Many other third world nations are lining up with rough estimates of the billions of dollars "we owe them."
Old 23-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #112
Hillbilly F Truck

Default African Leaders Agree On Compensation Demand For Climate Change Impact

http://www.tripolipost.com/articledetail.asp?c=2&i=3784

Quote:
An emergency summit of 10 members of the African Union has agreed on an amount of money to demand as compensation for the impact of climate change during next month's international talks in Copenhagen. Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, who announced the decision Wednesday after talks in capital Addis Ababa, said Africa should be compensated for the damage caused by developed countries to its growth.
Old 23-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #113
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Hackers last week got into the email system of some UK scientists, who were talking about how frustrating it is to find proof that climate change exists and that it is from man-made activities-
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...92-401,00.html
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Apparently it exposed conflicting
ideas between scientists.
Old 23-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #114
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly F Truck
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...005962,00.html

Many other third world nations are lining up with rough estimates of the billions of dollars "we owe them."
No wonder they want the Copenhagen treaty signed. Imagine if they were all shown proof global warming was a fraud....where would they then get their billions of dollars from? Maybe if they made themselves useful, rather than useless, they'd not need to have their hands out.......
Old 23-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #115
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
No wonder they want the Copenhagen treaty signed. Imagine if they were all shown proof global warming was a fraud....where would they then get their billions of dollars from? Maybe if they made themselves useful, rather than useless, they'd not need to have their hands out.......
Notice how Third world nations never become 2nd or 1st world?...well the World Bank has a little trick up it's sleeve to make sure they stay in poverty and under their control.

Here's how they do it...

We all know they receive loans from the World Bank and many times these loans are written off because they can't afford to pay it back but there's a catch...

The world bank says, "we'll give you all the money you need and if you can't pay it back, no problem, just handover control of your water and other natural resources and all is forgiven!"

And the best part is....the World bank (like every bank on the planet) creates the money out of nothing!!...just figures on a computer with absolutely no commodity backing!!

Back on topic, the whole point of this meeting is to create the first steps towards global governance...might be hard to believe but these guys are lunatics.

Scam is definitely an understatement!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 23-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #116
rodderz

Another step for the world government- the other week there was a head of the European Union elected (the PM of Belgium), for the reasons of creating over time a single representation of Europe, and also a single army.

http://globalist.org.ua/eng/144213-e...-is-in-project
Old 23-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #117
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

I just back from a night at the movies with my wife

Watched an excellent doco on how there are politics in science worldwide and if you are on the "Politically Incorrect" side of "Science" you and your viewpoint get banned.

Seriously.

The (excellent) movie/doco is called "Expelled".

You will need to concentrate but its definitely worth watching.

So much for our freedom and the freedom of scientists to be scientific.
Old 24-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #118
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Just finished watching Tim Flannery, early on he mentions that in science they test and retest theories to make sure the end result is the same, tell me Mr Flannery how exactly have you tested rising seas and temperatures in order to get the "predictions" forecast?? Remember I said "predictions" because that's all they are is a worst case scenario "predictions", there is no actual hard science to show this "will" occur. I'm not saying it won't, eventually, someday, somewhere in the not to distant millenium.

Then he goes on to admit that science is not exact, that there is some theorising in order to get results. What happened to the earlier tests you just spoke of just a couple of minutes ago??

Then when asked about the cooling that "may" have occured over the last 10 years since 1998 he gave an example that Sydney had cooled from yesterday to today and that 10 years was not enough time to make a judgement on.

Sorry??

10 years not enough??

I really love it when climate change "experts" get flustered and don't realise they have just contradicted themselves within minutes. 10 years of cooling is not of any substance to get them to re visit the workings, but they can "predict" a 1 metre rise in sea levels within 90 years due to warming, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :evilsasmo
Old 24-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #119
Hillbilly F Truck

A real interesting link here fellas. The government has kept this one quiet!

http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/r...nda21_00.shtml

Agenda 21

Quote:
Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments, and Major Groups

1.1. Humanity stands at a defining moment in history. We are confronted with a perpetuation of disparities between and within nations, a worsening of poverty, hunger, ill health and illiteracy, and the continuing deterioration of the ecosystems on which we depend for our well-being. However, integration of environment and development concerns and greater attention to them will lead to the fulfilment of basic needs, improved living standards for all, better protected and managed ecosystems and a safer, more prosperous future. No nation can achieve this on its own; but together we can - in a global partnership for sustainable development.

1.2. This global partnership must build on the premises of General Assembly resolution 44/228 of 22 December 1989, which was adopted when the nations of the world called for the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, and on the acceptance of the need to take a balanced and integrated approach to environment and development questions.
Old 24-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #120
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Default Best thread ever on AFF

So when you hear the Government spokes "person" saying "the opposition is in dissarray because there are 17 "rebels" just remember that they are opposing the ETS, and remember that those "rebels" are standing up for your freedoms as opposed to following the party line.

They are representing you as opoosed to being party of the conspiracy to equalise wealth throughout the world.

Like Castellan and GK have said a one world government will definitely come but that does not mean we should not fight it and try to defer it at every turn.

This is the best thread ever on AFF.
Closed Thread