Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #91
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
I agree with what you are saying totally, however think about it, if the exact same thing had happened the other way around, would drive.com.au still be accused of being dodgy and unprofessional? I doubt it. Most people here would be sitting back laughing and bagging the crap out of the VE. That is called hypocrisy.
I dont know mate, I cannot speak for others here, but I still would. I thought the whole thing was unprofessional, even with the pulling over of the broken XR8 (fairmont ghia). I am just busting to see comparisons, fair one's too. I dont want to know about broken bits, stuff like that just happens, its just bad luck.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #92
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying totally, however think about it, if the exact same thing had happened the other way around, would drive.com.au still be accused of being dodgy and unprofessional? I doubt it. Most people here would be sitting back laughing and bagging the crap out of the VE. That is called hypocrisy.

i cant talk for anybody else, but i would still bag them for unprofessionalism. i was looking forward to a "real" comparison (this was the first ss vs xr test ive come across), so with this "review" im dissapointed. not in the result (im a fence sitter), but with the delivery.

Surely being a car tester would be a great job, so surely it would be difficult to become a road tester, so surely you must be very good at anylising the technical and 'real world' attributes of each car to give a balanced review. and we get this garbage?. doesnt that make you a bit angry?.

wouldnt you think the people at LS1.com would be unhappy when a ford beats a holden, wouldnt you be unhappy if a referee hands a try to your opposing team in a game when he clearly shouldnt have?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #93
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Not hypocrisy.......bullshit, most of us appreciate the efforts of Holden and the competition it brings, crying hypocrisy from a speculated outcome is nothing but trolling in my opinion, i assure you if it was the Commodore that broke down we would still be wanting a full and fair comparison, not a load of garbage.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #94
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
most of us appreciate the efforts of Holden and the competition it brings
After reading the huge amounts of VE and Holden bashing that goes on here, I find that statement a little hard to believe. Had it happened to the VE, sure, there are some open minded people here who would have viewed it fairly, but on the other hand a large number would have jumped on the opportunity to use it as ammunition for even more Holden bashing, I could just picture it.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #95
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
After reading the huge amounts of VE and Holden bashing that goes on here, I find that statement a little hard to believe. Had it happened to the VE, sure, there are some open minded people here who would have viewed it fairly, but on the other hand a large number would have jumped on the opportunity to use it as ammunition for even more Holden bashing, I could just picture it.
IF you don't like whats written here why don't you STFU and troll away away to streetcommodores.com
colossus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #96
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
IF you don't like whats written here why don't you STFU and troll away away to streetcommodores.com
What part of this did you not understand?
Quote:
It's funny how people jump to conclusions, I don't drive a commodore or even a Holden
Old 04-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #97
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I just had a look on ls1.com.au and intersting enough, they are not happy with the test either. They believe the result would not have changed, but cannot understand that it was published like that. Shame drive.com.au, shame!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #98
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
I must admit, the Commodore would have won the review anyway, being a far newer car, but that review was pathetic. A car can't lose a review because the driver crashed! And nice use of the Ghia pretending to be an XR8! The thing about the Australian car industry is that the Falcon was a better car, now the Commodore's moved to the top, and I'm sure when Orion comes out, the Falcon will be the better car again. It's progress and competion. I'd be lying if I said every Falcon is better than the Commodore equivalent, but it certainly isn't the opposite either. It's this Ford vs Holden competition that makes the Australian cars so good. Everytime they try to outdo each other, they just make the cars better and better.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #99
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dude, give up, were all sick to death of holden trolls here....

Old 04-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #100
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Dude, give up, were all sick to death of holden trolls here....
Refer to post 96.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #101
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Its a FREAKING NEW MODEL.

The XR8 was never going to win, the way the review was conducted was a farse.

I wish people would stop assuming tat becasue we a FORD forum we are going to whinge.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #102
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Refer to post 96.
I dont particularly care if you own one or not, your whole demenour and defensiveness towards anything remotely negative about holden is enough to give most the $%#@'s.
Its Ford Forums, surely if there was ever a place to be proud or pro Ford and a bit negative towards the "dark side" or crap "anti Ford" journalism this is it?? Its not like anyone is blindly blaming Holden or bagging them, were not stupid, we know the VE will be a good car.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #103
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I dont particularly care if you own one or not, your whole demenour and defensiveness towards anything remotely negative about holden is enough to give most the $%#@'s.
Its Ford Forums, surely if there was ever a place to be proud or pro Ford and a bit negative towards the "dark side" or crap "anti Ford" journalism this is it?? Its not like anyone is blindly blaming Holden or bagging them, were not stupid, we know the VE will be a good car.
Dont forget lads, people are allowed to have there own opinion.

I agree too that we are not whinging about the Xr8 not winning, but how the test was conducted.

And smoked, just because its a new model, doesn't means its going to win. Far from it. If you have some time, look at a couple other comparsion drive.com.au have done. They actually gave a win the to Calais V vs Fairmont ghia in six cylinder trim. The omega beat the XT, but it was extremely close.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #104
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

Quote:
What part of this did you not understand?

thats fine, i wouldnt tell you to go to another website for holdens or anything else, but i would ask - if you clearly dont like what the mojority of people are writing here, why log-on here?
i dont mean any kind of offence to you but, well, if you dont like the heat, you get out of the kitchen, if you know what i mean.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #105
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6
Dont forget lads, people are allowed to have there own opinion.

I agree too that we are not whinging about the Xr8 not winning, but how the test was conducted.

And smoked, just because its a new model, doesn't means its going to win. Far from it. If you have some time, look at a couple other comparsion drive.com.au have done. They actually gave a win the to Calais V vs Fairmont ghia in six cylinder trim. The omega beat the XT, but it was extremely close.
I agree, having an opinion is fine, but a few keep trying to jump to the defence and "square up" every time something remotely anti or negative about holden comes up even when the "negativity" or "critisism" is accurate or well found and its getting just a little tiring and unnecessary.....

Old 04-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #106
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

lol, video is gone now....
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #107
The Monty
Just slidin'

Giggitty...
Old 04-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #108
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Reading through this thread, if nothing else, has proved to me that some holden owners deserve their reputations as "holden owners". I think that most ford drivers would understand what I am saying.

Cheersall. :Reverend:
Old 04-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #109
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Reading through this thread, if nothing else, has proved to me that some holden owners deserve their reputations as "holden owners". I think that most ford drivers would understand what I am saying.

Cheersall. :Reverend:
Can you go through the thread and point out exactly who the Holden owners are?
Sheesh, I give up.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #110
Cuey
Built Ford Tough

I can't get the video to play

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE POST A LINK OR SHORTCUT SO ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT CAN HAVE A LOOK

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Cuey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #111
The Monty
Just slidin'

Three cheers to OutbackJack. Oh, by the way, what DO you drive Stevz?
Old 04-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #112
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Their response which I just received...........

"Thank you for feedback. If you have a specific question we will contact you.
I hope you continue to enjoy watching our content.
Yours sincerely,

Fairfax Digital Productions"

How Lame
Old 04-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #113
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Please NOTE:

NOTE FROM EDITOR OF DRIVE.COM.AU

I just wanted to give your users a quick update on the SS-V vs XR8 video that is being discussed in this thread.

The video was not supposed to be published and we are investigating how it ended up online.

Toby Hagon
Editor, drive.com.au

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #114
The Monty
Just slidin'

Not meaning to pick or anything, and not meaning to go off topic, but Stevz, out of your 74 posts, only 11 were NOT directly saying Holden is Great, or having a dig at Fords. If you like Holdens so much, and dont like Fords, ask yourself why your here.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #115
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Please NOTE:

I just wanted to give your users a quick update on the SS-V vs XR8 video that is being discussed in this thread.

The video was not supposed to be published and we are investigating how it ended up online.

Toby Hagon
Editor, drive.com.au
Thank God for that, it did seem just a little to ridiculous.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #116
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Not meaning to pick or anything, and not meaning to go off topic, but Stevz, out of your 74 posts, only 11 were NOT directly saying Holden is Great, or having a dig at Fords. If you like Holdens so much, and dont like Fords, ask yourself why your here.
: Nearly every post he has made on this site directly praises Holden while bagging Fords. Must think people don't notice. No need to lie about it, you'd have more credability if you just came out and said you prefer Holdens. :

How conventient that Drive have now claimed it wasn't supposed to be posted on their site. Seems like a weak excuse to back out of being made to look stupid.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #117
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Three cheers to OutbackJack. Oh, by the way, what DO you drive Stevz?
A better question might be to ask him whether he drives at all.

Perhaps STEVZ should come back when he's old enough to have grown some short and curlies.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #118
Steve
torque is your friend

Quote:
Please NOTE:

Toby Hagon
Editor, drive.com.au
hmmmm I think a public apology might be in order.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #119
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh man, i've got plans for this..

Me and a few mates are grabbing some cars, some cardboard and 'decals' or 'badges', a couple video cameras, some empty roads, a mate who needs to ****.. And possibly some random black/white godzilla footage to re-create this video in it's true form!

Gonna be so fun. Should be done this weekend, i'm just busy these weekdays.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #120
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Please NOTE:

Toby Hagon
Editor, drive.com.au
I was inclined to suggest Media Watch.

But in hindsight, this is probably the kind of thing where no publicity is good publicity.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post