Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #91
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Remember that (if your old enough) that it has been only the last 10 - 15 years that the XA - XB GT's have only risen substantially in value, XR - XT GT's were under valued for years too.

XW and XY GT's values rode on the back of their hero models GT HO's status.

Its a bit like ****ers trying to sell 186 GTS HT Monaros for $20k, they are f****n joking, but dick heads buy them for the name.

As i said, the HO's and the RPO were the ONLY stand out performers (XR GT aside), their contemporay rivals were just as fast or even faster.
, even a 6 cylinder Valiant was over 1 second faster than a standard XY GT, and 1.1 seconds faster than a XY HO to 160 kph.

So i say to some of you tossers, stop riding on the success of the legendary HO's and RPO's.
Standard GT's WERE slow !
Old 18-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #92
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
its almost as if every man and his dog's got one now. I saw like four today alone..
But then you have a lot of uncles.. :thebirds:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #93
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Personally, id go for the TE50, as ever since seeing and hearing sbutlers T3, i fell in love with the T-Series. The wheels suit his car incredibly well, plus its an awesome mean looking car.
As said alot the GT is too common, and is hard to set yourself apart. But with the TE50, you may find it easier to personalise the car.
Old 18-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #94
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd take the GT. :evilsasmo
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #95
Mondie
Firm member

l love both, if it was a car just for me l would be tempted by a Blueprint TS50 with brembos. However if your wife will be driving the car you should be aware that the T3's didnt have traction control. That for me would be very offputting if my wife was driving the car.
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #96
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY
Does anyone have the production figures colour wise for the TE50???

I believe blue(blueprint and narooma) is very common, haven't seen alot of silver red or green.

Actual numbers anyone??????????????
I only have numbers for the Series 2 TS50. Sorry no colour numbers for the TE50.

T2 TS50 46 produced
================
17 Silhouette
11 Meteorite
09 Venom
07 Galaxy
02 Narooma

Narooma replaced Galaxy April/May 2001
Aluminium heads replaced with cast iron heads in April/May 2001, reworked with larger stainless steel valves and chamber and port machining
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #97
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondie
l love both, if it was a car just for me l would be tempted by a Blueprint TS50 with brembos. However if your wife will be driving the car you should be aware that the T3's didnt have traction control. That for me would be very offputting if my wife was driving the car.
Hey Simon!, Your wife got a lead foot then??..lol I know mine does, but ishe's in denile about it which is even more danagerous. Having said that she found the RZTT a little frightening even with T/C. No need to worry about it now, as it's been sold :(
Old 19-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #98
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Hey Simon!, Your wife got a lead foot then??..lol I know mine does, but ishe's in denile about it which is even more danagerous. Having said that she found the RZTT a little frightening even with T/C. No need to worry about it now, as it's been sold :(

Yep, she is! Of more concern though its here inability to drive smoothly which worries me sometimes in the wet. TC is a great feature IMO.

What are you buying next mate?

Cheers
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #99
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondie
Yep, she is! Of more concern though its here inability to drive smoothly which worries me sometimes in the wet. TC is a great feature IMO.

What are you buying next mate?

Cheers
Most likely a GT mate. The twin turbo machine was a great experience but I'm keen to get back into a V8. Still deciding on if I should wait for a new one with the 6 speed auto or saving some money and get a run out Mk2 6 speed manual. Even a series one GT-P in auto would be nice.
Old 20-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #100
Steve
torque is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Go the T-series. The BA's have MAJOR QC problems from what I've seen and read on various forums, papers, magazines, ect.. ect... I was in the same position as you about a year and a half ago. Thank god I bought the TS50. Hope the BA MKIII has ALL these problems sorted, then I'll think about updating.
"MAJOR QC problems"? You must be doing some very selective reading. I would HARDLY call any issues the BA has had "MAJOR". If I were to use your measure, I've lived with an AU that had MAJOR QC issues with the auto, MAJOR QC issues with the rubber seal letting water in, MAJOR QC issues with instrumentation and MAJOR QC issues in regards to NVH levels. BTW, try opening and closing an AU driver's side door that's had a few km's on it. Then you'll see MAJOR QC issues.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #101
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Yeah....slower ok, i have seen a GT on the dyno the same day as a TE, only 55rwkw less.
Must have been one sick GT.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #102
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Test drive them both and then buy the one that stirs your emotions the most.............and then don't listen to anyone about which is better.

The insinuation that these cars are investments from a monetary perspective is pure conjecture. They are collectable, but I don't think you'll be seeing any major return or appreciation on your initial outlay. Many T series are now selling for around 1/2 - 3/4 of their initial pricing which is testament to this. They won't depreciate as quickly as a standard AU, but either way, it has been superseded by a very desirable alternative................

Either way, whichever one you buy, I reckon you'll be a winner.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #103
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

My personal choice is the one i drive, a T3. I bought it purley because it's an exciting car to drive, more so than the current GT. But thats me. It's suits my style of driving, and is extremely reliable, fantastic on fuel, the cheapest V8 to run i have ever owned, and a really well built car. It's a traffic light killer and it's presence on the road stands out, and it has a much more bold look, and a nasty look to it, and it's psychological presence on the road will deter most wannabee's. It's by far a nice car to drive, and it's not a pig to drive around town. It's a great track car if your interested in the regular drive events at your local circuit and a very well balanced car alround in terms of handling. My second choice would be a BA Turbo XR6 or a Typhoon.

My opinion only.....

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 11:58 PM   #104
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

How about a T3 with a GT motor in it? Best of both. Probably expensive, but certainly do-able (with an AWC AU bulge bonnet).

Nah, I'd go the GT. Love the T3, but if you have the funds, go the newer car, and leave the T3s for those that don't even need to ask the question!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #105
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
How about a T3 with a GT motor in it? Best of both. Probably expensive, but certainly do-able (with an AWC AU bulge bonnet).
Kinda defeats the purpose.. the GT motor is a major weight source. Now a GT with the 342 cube Windsor from the T3 in it.. that'd be something. Especially if it had a pair of AFR 185's on it, and a nice cam... :evil3:
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #106
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8

Nope...would throw out the t3's cornering capability...out the window.....to much weight up front.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Old 23-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #107
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Kinda defeats the purpose.. the GT motor is a major weight source. Now a GT with the 342 cube Windsor from the T3 in it.. that'd be something. Especially if it had a pair of AFR 185's on it, and a nice cam... :evil3:

Hard to say steffo.....I think the current gt has the right engine to drive it, but it's way to heavy up front, with it's current engine...a windsor up front may also be a downfall due to the Ba's structural strenghths and added weight from this factor. A boss engine would seem to me be more suitable alternative, logically given the vehicles overall weight. Yet in the touring car scene, the 5 litre is still a ballsy engine... although really not street practical.

Cheers......

Old 23-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #108
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Why bother, the boss 290 and 260 has too much to offer at the moment.Just look at all the awesome results on and off the track. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #109
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Well I have decided rather than worrying about a car that is too heavy, im going to loose some weight...

Who am i kidding, increase boost should solve that issue!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #110
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Well I have decided rather than worrying about a car that is too heavy, im going to loose some weight...

HAHA....nice one minge.....:

Cheers.

Old 24-07-2005, 07:27 AM   #111
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

Curried beans 3 meals a day? :dr_Evil:
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #112
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
It's suits my style of driving, and is extremely reliable,
and from that day forth, he was forever known as THE ROUNDABOUT KING :king:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #113
t2te50
Banned

I'm batting for the T3 team has anyone see the length of the timing chains on those quad cam boat anchores. once you get a couple hundred hard kays under those wheels let us know how its going. If they don't rattle I'll stand rooted. I need to work on that F#$^en shizen to make a crust. Who can remember our beloved EA once the tensioner gave way or chain was overstretched broke all the dicky little rails and carried on like a dog. No such problem with the winnie.
with the Weight and size of the BOSS it should be putting out minimum a of 300kw. Funny how all that technology aloww it to rev much harder then an overstroked windsor. Hello reality check Oh! what did the yamaha t3 finish at the bathurst 24 hour fifth outright was it. No couldn't be that old cast iron boat anchor!!!!! Way in front of any bombadore.
More running components spells reduced reliability, greater expense comes service time
and less space. Look at the ls2 engine in the current HSV made fpv look lame and yes the KISS pylousophy works again. Don't they use less fuel as well. God damn!!!!!!!
t2te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #114
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

t2te50, so you like pushrods better, ok that's your opinion, but bagging out the GT won't make you many friends here, go buy a HSV if you like them so much.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 01:38 AM   #115
t2te50
Banned

I'm just stating obvious and many people may disagree with my extreme old school views. I don't deny that the new GT and xr8 is an awesome car but I was just making a point of why put so much time and resources into a vehicle that has only marginally better performance and fuel economy thats on par or worse. I mustn't forget about the weight factor either. Old man's got a ford au fairlane sportsman, the sixes have come a long way
Ed onwards are good cars.
Old 30-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #116
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look at what Falcon Coupe and I also have ... we are also old school so using that as an excuse is rubbish.
The wheezer has dead, long live the modular V8.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #117
t2te50
Banned

On a different note my t2 gets 14 litres per hundred in suburban 60 km traffic by skipping 2 and fourth gear. Does 9 on the highway. What's your economy like on the modular Mr XA coupe?
Old 30-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #118
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Look at what Falcon Coupe and I also have ... we are also old school so using that as an excuse is rubbish.
The wheezer has dead, long live the modular V8.
Exactly, i own and collect 30+ year old GT falcons but ive also got a BA XR8 so im not blind to progress and technology.
The BA Boss motor is a big step forward in technology and besides, if you want to start an old school push rod debate the Cleveland will spank them all anyway!!!

Old 30-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #119
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Exactly, i own and collect 30+ year old GT falcons but ive also got a BA XR8 so im not blind to progress and technology.
The BA Boss motor is a big step forward in technology and besides, if you want to start an old school push rod debate the Cleveland will spank them all anyway!!!
Yep.. a big step forward from technology designed in 1913 to technology designed in 1917.. ah advancement :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #120
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep.. a big step forward from technology designed in 1913 to technology designed in 1917.. ah advancement :
So what exactly is your point?? What do you call modern technology?
Would you like rocket powered cars or something?!!
Or maybe cars made from your magical super light weight material called "steffalloy"!!