Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #91
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: Life on Mars???

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN View Post
OOOLAAAAAH - The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, he said! But still they come!!!!!
war of the worlds. great track. but don,t think today's x and y gen would even know of it.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #92
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New concepts like the Casimir Drive and Gravity Drives are the next big thing. Also ideas like warping space to lower the mass of the ship inside a bubble or space/time.

If these plans and the look of NASA's proposed warp ship don't get your blood pumping, you're probably a sad stay-at-home greens supporter who's afraid to turn on a light switch and who probably wishes "Earth Hour" would go on weekly to make us feel ashamed to live in a modern technological society...
http://www.iflscience.com/space/nasa...e-ship-designs
Just look at that damn thing!! And better yet, she's got the right name...

It's got a few problems at the moment of course...exotic new materials will be needed for the rings and other parts...and that's where particle accelerators like CERN step in and show why we need those massive machines and how space science is linked to a huge underground complex in Europe.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 30-09-2015 at 11:23 PM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #93
Trump
bitch lasagne

Holy f..kballs, look at the Flickr gallery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123021...7644113972600/
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2015, 11:37 PM   #94
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Holy f..kballs, look at the Flickr gallery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123021...7644113972600/
Mind blowing isn't it...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 11:41 PM   #95
Trump
bitch lasagne

Further to your post, 2011:

http://gizmodo.com/5942634/nasa-star...rek-warp-drive

http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/da...eld-mechanics/
Old 30-09-2015, 11:53 PM   #96
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
People ? yes.

I think it was the Roman Catholic Church that had a system of not swallowing anything until it was proven as fact back in the day and sadly a lot of slandering fools have come out saying childish assertions of what they 'think' the RCC was putting forward.

Now if they had bothered to look into it all more in depth they would find they are barking up the wrong tree.

In hindsight people think they are smart, but are they truly.

Yes I thought my school teachers were correct in their bagging the RCC position but I found out that them poor fools lacked depth of the true facts, but never let a good story get in the way of the truth. I think the word is called Bastards, that come out trying to slander the truth and putting forward nonsense, brainwashing all they can with lies and half truths.
Your first paragraph says it all.
A church that worships and believes in fairys in the sky wants things 'proven as fact'
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #97
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly don't believe we as a race are mature enough to discover life on another planet. I can only imagine the race to claim ownership of the planet. We can't even manage our own planet properly, I hope for the sake of what ever is out there we don't find them.
Adamz Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2015, 12:19 AM   #98
superyob
Banned

So if we could travel to Mars at a squillion miles per hour, what sort of trouble would space debris or small bits of junk present?
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #99
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
So if we could travel to Mars at a squillion miles per hour, what sort of trouble would space debris or small bits of junk present?
Total destruction if no measures are put in place. Any form of space debris will punch holes through the hull at those sorts of velocities. Some of the ideas beimg mooted are enveloping the craft in an electrostatic field to deflect away the smaller particles.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #100
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What if they have a policy to "Turn back the rockets"?
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #101
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this stuff is insanely fascinating..

Personally I wish that more resources were dedicated to this stuff, rather than trying to impart "freedom" on certain parts of the world.

This will inspire a whole new generation of kids to get in to the sciences and with any luck uncover a whole new raft of knowledge in the not too distant future.

It just blows my mind how they can figure this stuff out.. Then again, I got a D in year 10 science, so I think I'm just easily pleased.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #102
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Your first paragraph says it all.
A church that worships and believes in fairys in the sky wants things 'proven as fact'
Off topic, but that is not as silly as it seems. In early modern Europe, around the time that witches were being executed, many proponents of the emerging field of science were also demonologists who explained how the Devil's power was achieved through scientific means.

The Church were also least likely to execute someone accused of witchcraft and demanded more stringent evidence of it than the more blood thirsty secular courts of the day...
Old 01-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #103
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can't be serious, surely?
It's true that Dilettantes are everywhere and when trying to find out things in depth that's the hard part, as a lot of influence is out their that can mislead or people are just mainly too lazy at bothering looking into it all.

Blind faith in anything is just rubbish.

Why do people just swallow nonsense all the time ?
Just look around you everyday and we are bombarded with it 24/7 with everything.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #104
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They'll need to fit one of these to the front

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #105
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
What if they have a policy to "Turn back the rockets"?
There's always one
Old 01-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #106
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great discussion, even if we do get a little off track.
The discovery of the Higgs boson is a big leap. The field that gives matter mass.
Understanding that field may lead to ways of manipulating it, just as we do with electricity/magnetism. The possibilities are endless.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #107
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
People ? yes.

I think it was the Roman Catholic Church that had a system of not swallowing anything until it was proven as fact back in the day and sadly a lot of slandering fools have come out saying childish assertions of what they 'think' the RCC was putting forward.

Now if they had bothered to look into it all more in depth they would find they are barking up the wrong tree.

In hindsight people think they are smart, but are they truly.

Yes I thought my school teachers were correct in their bagging the RCC position but I found out that them poor fools lacked depth of the true facts, but never let a good story get in the way of the truth. I think the word is called Bastards, that come out trying to slander the truth and putting forward nonsense, brainwashing all they can with lies and half truths.
Some of our technology we take for granted these days was nothing more than science fiction not that long ago, your criticism lacks credibility.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 01:58 AM   #108
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
People ? yes.

I think it was the Roman Catholic Church that had a system of not swallowing anything
The official church doctrine was to spit instead?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #109
superyob
Banned

If the water on Mars is indeed salty, where did the salt come from? Doesn't a planet need flowing rivers and large seas to make salt?
Old 02-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #110
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
If the water on Mars is indeed salty, where did the salt come from? Doesn't a planet need flowing rivers and large seas to make salt?
I thought the salt entered the water by dissolving as it ran over rocks and land.

Mars has lots of rocks!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #111
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Maybe it was simply a large pool of sweat from an Alien out on his early morning jog, this had pooled up when he stopped for a few minutes to answer an incoming call from his mobile phone. That would explain the salt I wouldn't be surprised if the media has again blown yet another story way out of proportion but on the other hand it could also be a Government cover up so as not to create panic amongst the people on earth.

No one would believe that for countless years human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.

No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

Few people even consider the possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regard this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they're drawing their plans against us.

OOOOOLLLAAAHHHHH

This should bring this thread back on track
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #112
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Some of our technology we take for granted these days was nothing more than science fiction not that long ago, your criticism lacks credibility.
Where is the criticism in that post.

Even the village idiot knows that some of the tec we take for granted nowadays was as you say.

I am not a Roman Catholic but I do know what there official positions are all about, so I am not ignorant of the facts.
But I once was misled by just ignorant fools who claim to know it all in a State School education.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #113
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Total destruction if no measures are put in place. Any form of space debris will punch holes through the hull at those sorts of velocities. Some of the ideas beimg mooted are enveloping the craft in an electrostatic field to deflect away the smaller particles.
One of these with a few small modifications should easily make the journey, it's all in the name

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/All-New-Galaxy
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #114
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
........... I wouldn't be surprised if the media has again blown yet another story way out of proportion........
The morning of the news, Channel 9 morning show ran with the headline 'Mars: The Wet Planet'

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #115
superyob
Banned

Quote:

Even the village idiot knows that some of the tec we take for granted nowadays was as you say.

I am not a Roman Catholic but I do know what there official positions are all about, so I am not ignorant of the facts.
But I once was misled by just ignorant fools who claim to know it all in a State School education.
I'll be happy to debate this topic in another thread if you want to start one Castellan. This one is about Mars and associated concepts...
Old 02-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #116
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
One of these with a few small modifications should easily make the journey, it's all in the name

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/All-New-Galaxy
If this discovery had been made 15 yrs ago we could have used the:

wait for it:

the: Millennium AU Falcon

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #117
XG_Falcon

I doubt humans would be sending rockets into space if it hadn't been for scientists like Wernher von Braun. It just makes me think what mankind could do if we focused our effort on furthering knowledge rather than waging war.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #118
superyob
Banned

Unfortunately XG Falcon, war is the catalyst for extreme technological advancement...
4 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #119
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

you seem to go way off topic and making similar statements in lots of thread on here. Not sure why or even what you're on about as it's so vague
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #120
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

C'mon folks. Let's not spoil the topic.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post