Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #91
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I have run over plenty of cane toads on the road, and enjoy the pop sound those vermin make.....

Would like to try a few others forms of pest life.......moderators/the filth/ the ex-wife....LOL

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #92
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
A cow
A horse
A flock of sheep
An emu
A couple of wombats
A koala or two
Dogs
Cats
Kangaroos/wallabies by the score
Parrots/owls/birds
Miscellaneous other bits and pieces including a low bridge in Melb.

All in a number of trucks over a number of years, lol.
Have come close in a car but always managed to avoid whatever was getting in the way...
Now thats a list lol,how bout we get you employed by the RTA here in Sydney,just driving up and down Oxford st :P
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #93
kenz
BOSS Pilot

I polished off a keep left sign :

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #94
Walkinshaw
Two > One

I nailed 5 ducklings and 2 ducks. Well what happens when they walk in a line along the road.

thud thud thud thud thud POP POP

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #95
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have hit a few birds, Poor things.. But The bird I most want to run over is commonly called the Mother in law....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #96
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

i haven't ran over anything yet but just about hit a dog a month ago , on the night it happen my front bumber bar had pant damage and i'm like NOOOOOOOOOO! : , so i had to get that fixed.
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #97
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I unfortunately took out a very large lizard up in WA's north... bloody thing ran out from the side of the road straight under a tyre. Now that made a hell of a noise.

Most embarrasing would be reversing into one of the big metal bins while trying to avoid several smaller plastic ones.

This guy was giving me the shits a few years ago when I had my EA so I went around to his house and drove front on straight through his wheelie bin. Only left a small mark on the bonnet of the EA (which I traded pretty soon after)
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #98
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RIP to all those poor animals killed on our roads every year. e
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #99
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't run over anything as of yet... but my mum hit a dog at about 80kph and it survived which is pretty amazing.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #100
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On trip back to Melb from Adel, what looked like a wombat or possum ran across the road. I had a huge thud underneath the HQ Premier. Whatever it was almost pulled the muffler clean away from the engine pipe. So it was a loud exhaust for the rest of the trip.
I did hit a drunk **** crossing the road about 4yrs back. He thought he would scare me by waving his arms around and leaning across the path of my car. Well I wasn't moving, so his right arm, leg and hip got wacked by my side mirror, R/H front guard and drivers door. Made a bit of a mess of the EB (ins. claim) but I bet he was worse off.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #101
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
This guy was giving me the shits a few years ago when I had my EA so I went around to his house and drove front on straight through his wheelie bin. Only left a small mark on the bonnet of the EA (which I traded pretty soon after)
e

I ran over my girlfriends neighbours wheelie bins, they were on the missus' front lawn and she was watching, so I thouhgt it'd be funny to run down her bins (uh..). Turns out they werent hers LOL. Lady next door wasnt impressed...
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #102
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I have hit a possum. As I drove past it, I swerved and I thought I had hit it. I turned around to go back to see. On the way back to look I hit it then. So if I didn't go back I would not of hit it.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #103
XRCISM
Speed Demon

Let's see .....
Bird -Yes
Wombat - Yes
Kangaroo - Yes

My mum once swerved for a dog and ended up rolling her car about 10 times down a hill and into a paddock (XB ex cop car). She was ok but since then I NEVER swerve for an animal (foot off accelerator and perhaps a light brake is all they will get from me).
Old 30-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #104
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

I hit a rock which did a fair amount of damage to the fiberglass front which cost me $500 to fix. I had no choice to hit it tho as there was only traffic or a gutter as the other choices.

Mark
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #105
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I managed to catch a kookaburra in the metal sunshade thing they fitted to XF's.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #106
Mrs B
Banned

I was with my mum when she hit a farmers prize bull and rode off the old FJ. Since then I have hit a wombat, kangaroos, possums and have had a motorbike and it's rider run up the back of my car and actually became wedged under it, took ages to get him out from under my car poor bugger busted his knee and wrecked his bike.
Mrs B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #107
jarridtheruler
I wish I was offshore....

I hit a rabbit last night, poor little bugger never stood a chance.
The funniest thing i have hit was a flock of Finch's, they all bounced off the windscreen like marshmellows
jarridtheruler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #108
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lots of birds & a wallaby :(
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #109
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I've hit a Honda CR-V in the rear doing 80kp/h when the Honda was only doing 35kp/h.
Old 31-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #110
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was late at night, Atlanta Georgia, in a Mercury Grand Marquis (rental) ... I swore it was an armadillo !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #111
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

wombat? lol

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #112
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny 1 this week, hit 2 ducks walking across the road. Feathers everywhere. Got to there i was going, had tea, drove back into town on my way home. Noticed i only had 1 foglight running. Got out for a look. Duck had punched the foglight back into the bumper, and was jammed in the hole where the light used to be! I'd done about 50km with a duck hanging out the front!!

On a regular basis, usually daily, i hit rabbits, have hit numerous kangaroos, some i sped up for, some i dodged and still got, some hit me and i didnt even see them coming!
Have hit 2 cats - as much as i hate them its a sick feeling knowing its someones pet
Hit a goat the other night
Many owls
Various Birds
A 60 sign and garden bed on someone nature strip when i overshot a t intersection after a brake failure
Backed my builders trailer through my rear roller door the other night which i though was right up but was only at 3/4!! Backing a trailer through a full, dark garage with dark tinted windows no good!
And not me but affected me, a mates sister in law backed into my motorbike and knocked it over a couple of weeks ago!!!!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #113
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Funny 1 this week, hit 2 ducks walking across the road. Feathers everywhere. Got to there i was going, had tea, drove back into town on my way home. Noticed i only had 1 foglight running. Got out for a look. Duck had punched the foglight back into the bumper, and was jammed in the hole where the light used to be! I'd done about 50km with a duck hanging out the front!!

On a regular basis, usually daily, i hit rabbits, have hit numerous kangaroos, some i sped up for, some i dodged and still got, some hit me and i didnt even see them coming!
Have hit 2 cats - as much as i hate them its a sick feeling knowing its someones pet
Hit a goat the other night
Many owls
Various Birds
A 60 sign and garden bed on someone nature strip when i overshot a t intersection after a brake failure
Backed my builders trailer through my rear roller door the other night which i though was right up but was only at 3/4!! Backing a trailer through a full, dark garage with dark tinted windows no good!
And not me but affected me, a mates sister in law backed into my motorbike and knocked it over a couple of weeks ago!!!!
I can't say your motoring life is boring Ben. :evil3: Bummer on the bike one though, still rideable?
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #114
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Is there anyone like me, who whenever they do hit an animal (I always swerve and try to avoid them) get a horrible sinking feeling?

I feel like a c**t when I hit a poor animal.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #115
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Road kills so far for me are;
Parrot
Owl
Cat

I've hit a dog and stopped for it but it ran off after I got out to check on it. I think it was a Golden Retriever.
I've also collected a curb and some bushes after someone turned across me and I skillfully dodged the car attack.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #116
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

me - nothing.
My brother hit a horse. Made a total mess of the car (and the horse).
Cows on the road I don't mind - they are predictable. Horses are another story.

Off topic but speaking of animals on the road:

I wa sheading into Ballina once and saw a cow by the side of the road opposite a Tavern there. I thought I should do something about it so headed to teh Police station and reported it. They mentioned the name of the Tavern and I said "yeah, that's it". They then proceeded to make comments like: "what was her name?" "What was she wearing?". I had the Tavern name wrong and confirmed one in the middle of the main street. I think they thought I was playing a practical joke and reporting some big fat sheila who was staggering down the main street.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #117
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez, I forgot - Cane Toads - too many to count. Love the crunch they make under the car wheels.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #118
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
... swerved left only to have the possum running to its right ...
I did that with a Beach Buggy and got run over by it (shouldn't play chicken with beach buggies). Lucky those tyres are low pressure and the sand was soft.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #119
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

a fox.
my dad hit roo once and came out very un-lucky. it broke everything on the front end including radiator and bits and peices straped onto the engine!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #120
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

About 8 years ago I wrote off my ED XR6 after hitting 3 black angus cattle at about 85 to 95kph in the dark on a freshly graded gravel road. I wasn't injured, but the 3 cattle all had broken legs and had to be shot. It was on a public road which was near my brother's house about 2km away. So I walked through the paddocks in the dark, negotiated electric fences (ouch!), a creek (very cold, deep and wet!), and tripped over countless other obstacles!!

The owner of the catle was a neigbour and he was fine about the whole thing. His public liability insurnace covered everything after a tree had fallen across the fence and had allowed the cattle to escape.

Bit of a shame about the XR6...it was a beatiful car. Black Pearl duco that had been recently resprayed after a hail storm a few months earlier. The good thing to come ouit of it all was that I then bought my AU2 XR8. I hit a big roo in that car about 3 years ago which caused over $4k damage (front end, windscreen, roof, bonnet). I now have a BA XR8....the only thing I have hit in it is a cockatoo at about 140 kph while overtaking a B Double (broken windscreeen), and my wife hit a cat (busted fog light.
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post