Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #91
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Police bash hoon drivers

lols at the mutt cowering at the back of the car..... no doubt these creeps deserved a beating.....
Old 15-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #92
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
The two police who are being dealt with will face justice under the law. They will be dealt with more harshly than the average citizen as they should. They have to in extremely difficult circumstances do an extremely difficult job and despite being human must maintain higher standards of behaviour than the rest of the community. But just remember they are human and can stuff up. Not only will they be punished they will lose their jobs. I have no sympathy for the
victims in this incident. I do not condone the action of the two police officers. But I think I understand it.
Very well said

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #93
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

That's brutal.... it's very wrong....

They could've got right up in their faces and yelled at em' something chronic....
....like an army drill sargent might do.

Kicking someone like that when they're on the ground and restrained?....
That's just NOT on.

God help us, if dudes like that are in responsible community service positions.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
Old 15-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #94
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave

They could've got right up in their faces and yelled at em' something chronic....

That's just NOT on.

i thought it was great!!!!! very effective on thick skulls!!!
Old 15-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #95
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i thought it was great!!!!! very effective on thick skulls!!!
saddist........

if anything, it probably made them dumber.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
Old 15-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #96
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Just watched the vid.. I think it's okay to say screw the law those individuals deserve the same treatment. What cowards.
Old 15-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #97
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm not the bleeding heart type and I like to see some good ol' justice being dished out.

But beating the crap out of someone who is complying sitting on the floor is not on for me, even if they where smart-asses in that they did a burnout in front of them or mouthed off.

They have hoon laws, confiscate the car, major defect, EPA, night in the cell.

From what small snippet I seen on the Today show, so i'm just commenting on that.
Old 15-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #98
rochey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Just watched the vid.. I think it's okay to say screw the law those individuals deserve the same treatment. What cowards.

exactly,
Old 15-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #99
CarTooner:-)

Me sees shades of grey here Flappist!
When I first saw this footage I thought; 'OMG, is this apartheid South Africa?'... but then after reading what the hoons had done; blatantly defying and baiting the cops, and reading that they had 'a history', the devil on my right shoulder said, "yeh, smack 'em"! ... But as the boots and the batton went in, even my devil recoiled! Risky business!
Based on the video/audio/reports presented, it seems (to me imho) the Police over-stepped their discretional privilege.
The Solicitor acting for the Snr Constable said: "one of the officers had previously been shot at, and they had attended road deaths and suicides".
I don't envy Police having to do those things but it causes me wonder; if this Policeman (and/or his colleagues) were suffering some form of Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder; had he/they received any form of counselling? If not and if it was known that attending such incidents/events causes mentally fragility, why was this/these officer/s on-duty?
Is there a systematic flaw here or possibly more likely a resource issue?
Old 15-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #100
Zaxx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too bad the people who copped a 'flogging' by another cop abusing his power, didn't know a martial art.

Lucky for the cop.

Today, so many evolutions of martial art have appeared, and so many people train and learn.
Would've been a different story then I think, one I might actually use the download to watch.

If I wanted to see a cop abuse their authority, i'd go for a drive.
I agree with K10wN.
Old 15-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #101
Zaxx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Redrums earlier post;

I'm sorry mate, but I don't agree.
Most often think they're above the law they enforce.
I don't say this being car related, I say it in general.

How sad is it, when the police, need policing.

Trained UFC fighters, that have a man on the ground, still fighting, will get off when they've had enough. It's a line, they recognise.
Restraining someone on the ground, THEN laying into them?
Weak, gutless.
If I personally did that? I'd be ashamed of myself.

People tell stories of 'back in the day, the cops would come down and join us for a burnout on a sunday arvo !'

Now, it's more like 'the other day, the cops came down and restrained me, then beat on me..'

Action needs to be taken regarding these sorts of officers.
Serious action.
Old 15-12-2011, 11:54 PM   #102
CarTooner:-)

Hi One Six. Re your signature; it seems you don't have a baby or toddler! Otherwise you'd know a dog barking is too loud!
Cheers
Old 16-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #103
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave

That's just NOT on.

I have to agree, particularly on the 'kicking someone while they're down'...if the average joe on the street did that, they would be locked up...it's cowardly behaviour, regardless of the reason behind it...

By all means if you really feel you have to dish out some justice...at least make sure they're standing up...and able to defend themselves...without that, you're just a bully. Restraint is the key thing that's missing, and I have no doubt these 'hoons' probably did deserve something...but not that...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 16-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #104
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wonder what the outcome would be if some on their mates went down to perform a citizens arrest of the officers in question at the time of the incident....

considering they had a legal right to do so.
Old 16-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #105
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Six
Redrums earlier post;

I'm sorry mate, but I don't agree.
Most often think they're above the law they enforce.
I don't say this being car related, I say it in general.

How sad is it, when the police, need policing.

Trained UFC fighters, that have a man on the ground, still fighting, will get off when they've had enough. It's a line, they recognise.
Restraining someone on the ground, THEN laying into them?
Weak, gutless.
If I personally did that? I'd be ashamed of myself.

People tell stories of 'back in the day, the cops would come down and join us for a burnout on a sunday arvo !'

Now, it's more like 'the other day, the cops came down and restrained me, then beat on me..'

Action needs to be taken regarding these sorts of officers.
Serious action.
Trying to work out how you don't agree with my post. I have stated what they have done is wrong and as expected they should be punished and more harshly so than a civilian. Curious to know what I have said that you don't agree with.
Old 16-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #106
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

the police overstepped the line, but it seems they only did so after the "victims" overstepped the line. the cops wouldn't have needed to act if the victims did the right thing
if they weren't coppers, most people would not care - or if the coppers were the victims, sadly many people would not care either
Old 16-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #107
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Look I firmly belive that if you punch a cop there is no excuse and you should have the book thrown at you.

But!!!! It is actions like those of these coppers that makes me realise why there can not be blanket penalties for such offences as punching a copper.

This is why it is absolutely pathetic that the coppers in question here are getting away basically scot free.

What they did is an insult to their profession and essentially degrades their badge, their authority and their whole service and basically makes the world a more dangerous place for all their colleagues. It is unforgiveable.
Old 16-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #108
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Look I firmly belive that if you punch a cop there is no excuse and you should have the book thrown at you.

But!!!! It is actions like those of these coppers that makes me realise why there can not be blanket penalties for such offences as punching a copper.

This is why it is absolutely pathetic that the coppers in question here are getting away basically scot free.

What they did is an insult to their profession and essentially degrades their badge, their authority and their whole service and basically makes the world a more dangerous place for all their colleagues. It is unforgiveable.
Loosing ones career, being dragged through the courts and being punished in a way that the general public would not be ...... is this scott free? Public stoning and then firing squad?

If the 'victims' who were hit by the police had of done the same to some general locals and not filmed doing it ...... and they went to court for assault what would be the outcome? Very different to what the coppers receive I would believe.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #109
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarTooner:-)
Me sees shades of grey here Flappist!
When I first saw this footage I thought; 'OMG, is this apartheid South Africa?'... but then after reading what the hoons had done; blatantly defying and baiting the cops, and reading that they had 'a history', the devil on my right shoulder said, "yeh, smack 'em"! ... But as the boots and the batton went in, even my devil recoiled! Risky business!
Based on the video/audio/reports presented, it seems (to me imho) the Police over-stepped their discretional privilege.
The Solicitor acting for the Snr Constable said: "one of the officers had previously been shot at, and they had attended road deaths and suicides".
I don't envy Police having to do those things but it causes me wonder; if this Policeman (and/or his colleagues) were suffering some form of Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder; had he/they received any form of counselling? If not and if it was known that attending such incidents/events causes mentally fragility, why was this/these officer/s on-duty?
Is there a systematic flaw here or possibly more likely a resource issue?
Given the massive campaign for more cops in this state last year, I'd say it's a resource issue.
One thing people don't get is in a lot of small country towns, not all, but a fair whack, there are sfa cops, and when PTSD, or other work related issues crop up, and someone needs time off, it's not always feasible.
It's the double edged sword. Give the bloke time off, get blamed by the community for not having enough uniformed members on duty, keep him on, the community goes viral about having a uniformed member suffering PTSD and having clear bouts of violent episodes on people who may, or may not, deserve it.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 16-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #110
The Monty
Just slidin'

I think it went a little too far, BUT, seems they learnt a lesson, with one of them formally appologising.
If they didnt do the burnout, there wouldnt have been a problem. Works both ways..
They CHOSE to see how far they could push there luck by doing a burnout in front of a cop shop.
The CHOSE to see how far they could push the cops before they would retaliate.
They CHOSE to see what the outcome of doing such an offence would be.
Seems they found the answer.
Old 16-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #111
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Apologies if I got it wrong but as I understand it the police in question had no conviction recorded and they received a few hours community service?
Old 16-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #112
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Apologies if I got it wrong but as I understand it the police in question had no conviction recorded and they received a few hours community service?
No apologies required but it is still continuing and they will be sanctioned very heavily ..... especially now the video is public.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #113
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Policing is going back to the good old days.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #114
ray38l

So for the people who support what the police did, where do you draw the line?
if an 18 year old woman gets pulled over for an rbt and blows .02 should she get the **** beaten out of her? we all know through what police and governments have been saying for years that if p platers have any alcohol and drive that they will kill everyone within a 5km radius and make puppies cry. so shouldnt she get a good beaten too?
Yes the guys were dumb but its not up to the police to be the judge.
the cops should be doing a minimum 5 years jail for what they did.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #115
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ray, its quite obvious from previous posts of yours that you are anti government, anti police. Im sorry your VN mates got bashed by the cops. Poor them.
And 5 years jail for the cops, I cant believe you are serious, but anway.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #116
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

No surprises when the interview of the young 'man' was played the other night.

The apparent attitude of the individual spoke volumes.

Stereo type validated.

Straight off the set of Housos.

Sad thing is, amongst his family, his peers, he's now a hero, and his statement about "all cops being dogs" etc etc, is the stuff spoken by those learned in the ways of the urban bogan. As a representative of the type, he scores a perfect 10.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #117
ray38l

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Ray, its quite obvious from previous posts of yours that you are anti government, anti police. Im sorry your VN mates got bashed by the cops. Poor them.
And 5 years jail for the cops, I cant believe you are serious, but anway.
for a starters my vn mates? seriously wake up to yourself.
Im not anti government or police in general but certain things they do irk me which is why i comment on them here.
A violent brutal attack by someone in a position of power against a defenceless person cowering on the ground doesnt deserve 5 years jail? It seems youre the bleeding heart hear.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #118
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Switch the cameras off next time boys.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #119
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Yep the judge did that for me, straight and narrow since, nearly 20 years now, didn't need a bashing from the police to put me in my place, my Dad tried that on me many times much like his father did to him, grew up hating him not fearing him and probably made me worse.
judges work for some .....but not all.....re multiple repeat offenders.
Old 16-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #120
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Switch the cameras off next time boys.
The cameras are there to protect the coppers and provide evidence and as such probably can't be switched off. Goes to prove just how completely stupid the officers in question were.
Closed Thread