Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #91
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: Car industry prepares for Ford Australia exit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
It would be better if ford forumers didn't put up articals by clueless "Journos"...
Its news, its out there and its being discussed whether we want to on the forums or not. While we would love to just talk this up with the positives, its hard to ignore what is being discussed on the outside, good or bad.

There is a difference in just general and ill informed "Ford is crap/dead" statements that appear through the forums at times and having a discussion on what the media, journos are saying in the public domain.

Just no use really sitting with fingers in out ears going "La la la ....... " If it is being repeated out there, no reason to not having a grown up discussion on the matter.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #92
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
if you get rid of the phone and laptop, the worlds not that diffrent. Just humans trying to make a living, wanting to love, wanting a family.
Now we have a carbon tax, the way inwhich is designed is to make everything more expensive so people have no other choice but to make cut backs, this is how it works so save the enviroment, instead of buying a new car every 2 years you might keep it for 10, as a result 5 less cars are made per person per buying cycle, less carbon in the air.
For this I think the carbon tax is a great idea, but it should of been deliveried in the 60s and 70s, in steed of letting the greed mentality from the 80s and 90s become so great that people will struggle to adjust with the brand new life style (living standards from the 60s and 70s) somewhere in there we become americanised, but how can we compete with a country that has 15 trillion debt and contantly messes with the "free"maket, the 2 person income large house and large cars was never the australian dream, with a carbon tax you can only achieve this dream when you sleep.
i too think it`s flawed plan , all it will do is stop people buying the now more expensive australian good s and services, stifle manufacturing because as you say everything will be more expensive, business that are labor /energy intensive and can`t change things will either pass the cost on and the status quo will stay the same, or.....they will close up shop/ or move over sea`s, what i believe is there is more to come, this is just the watered down Carbon Tax so that anger is`nt quite so bad, well see if the powers that be are still calling the shots in a couple of years to add the rest.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #93
Pandemic

If vehicle prices were similar to international car markets such as the US, then I'd buy a Ford vehicle in a heart beat, but it's good to see Ford PR getting amongst the community..
Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #94
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Everyone is talking about 2016 like its some type of apocalypse but isn't that what's happening at the moment?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #95
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic
it's good to see Ford PR getting amongst the community..
She turns up from time to time, but I doubt whether any of the queries will be answered. It would be good if a moderated thread could be started to have a Q&A session with Ford about some 'topical issues'...obviously it would need to be heavily moderated to keep it civil, relevant and to keep all the haters and snapperheads out, but its been done before. The late great Geoff Polities had a Q&A with us once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Everyone is talking about 2016 like its some type of apocalypse but isn't that what's happening at the moment?
The carpocalpyse is occurring at the moment, yes. Muppets who keep crapping on about 2016 really don't know what they are on about. Refer to Flappist's post earlier.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #96
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 1 week the sales numbers for July will be released ... I wonder what will people be screaming then if the number are not so positive, or vise versa if the numbers are actually positive ...

What really amazes me is how Ford PR department just has absolutely no response to anything that is happening in the media ... i mean seriously do they really think they are above all that?
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #97
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
She turns up from time to time, but I doubt whether any of the queries will be answered.
Not when you get ********* showing disrespect, no. Like a comment on the previous page.
Quote:
Muppets who keep crapping on about 2016 really don't know what they are on about.
I hope you mean journalists and not forum members. Ford been a local manufacturer here since roughly 1925. People want to know if they will continue to do so.

These theories and conjectures are thrown about when Ford blacks out the windows and tells no one what they're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Its news, its out there and its being discussed whether we want to on the forums or not. While we would love to just talk this up with the positives, its hard to ignore what is being discussed on the outside, good or bad.

There is a difference in just general and ill informed "Ford is crap/dead" statements that appear through the forums at times and having a discussion on what the media, journos are saying in the public domain.

Just no use really sitting with fingers in out ears going "La la la ....... " If it is being repeated out there, no reason to not having a grown up discussion on the matter.
Quite. The forums have never been a sanctuary against opposing opinions, and controversial comments. Why start now?
Old 30-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #98
krypto71

Rewind the clock and replace Mitsubishi with Ford. I guess there is still time for the AUD to go down the toilet and save the Falcon!

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=48218
krypto71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #99
Pandemic

Quote:
The late great Geoff Polities had a Q&A with us once.
That would've been a great experience.

Hopefully Ford PA would eventually do a Q&A, it'd be very interesting.
Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #100
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED

These theories and conjectures are thrown about when Ford blacks out the windows and tells no one what they're doing.
when has a big company like ford ever come out and sad what theyre plans are 4-5 years in the future?
in this current economic climate we are lucky theyre saying what they are doing until 2016

Quote:
Quite. The forums have never been a sanctuary against opposing opinions, and controversial comments. Why start now?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #101
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

alot can happen in four years. people could get sick of small cars and the australian dollar could plumet. or the government might increase tarrifs?? stranger things have happen.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #102
BroadyFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71
Rewind the clock and replace Mitsubishi with Ford. I guess there is still time for the AUD to go down the toilet and save the Falcon!

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=48218
^^ That's freaky!

After re-reading this article, I genuinely believe that Ford have not yet made a decision about WHAT TO REPLACE THE FALCON WITH but I believe the decision has been made regarding WHERE that replacement will be made - and it's not Broadmeadows.

The business conditions in Australia have deteriorated so rapidly and to such an extent over the last 2 years that any original prospect of continuing to manufacture locally has been tossed out the window; the relentlessly high AUD has made any potential future exports of a global model near impossible, electricity costs are now among the highest in the world (and will soon be the highest according to many) and, as mentioned, there is a deep unfavorable rift between productivity and wages.

I also saw a video recently where Mulally was interviewed and said that if it is not competitive to manufacture in the US, then that work "should" be done somewhere else - if he's saying that about the Yanks then God help Australia!
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #103
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/546...2016-pipe-down

I wonder if Ford have grounds for legal action??

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #104
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus

brilliant article.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #105
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

bout time something was said about all the garbage certain people have said about ford.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #106
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
when has a big company like ford ever come out and sad what theyre plans are 4-5 years in the future?
in this current economic climate we are lucky theyre saying what they are doing until 2016
Just a couple Years back, then CEO of Lotus Danny Bahar revealed a plan of five new models over five years. (it never happened... but let's move on)

I realise Ford is guaranteeing 4 more years. But when you put down a definitive date (like 2016) for an 'at least till', it means the music could stop, party end and everyone go home.

Should never ever use "at-least-tills'". It puts a timer on the model and ages the product even before release. Logic suggests the only reason to stop is because something better will come out, or the sending of that kind of message. "I'll wait till 2016 when the next Falcon comes out...", says the punter - But could very well be a large departure to a large, bland, econobox.

I'm just saying...
Old 31-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #107
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:

I would be interested to know Ford PR's thoughts on that article.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #108
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yeah baby ... love it. Good article.
Old 31-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #109
RASER
Banned

Anyway, now its time to figure what they are going to import.

NOT interested in a Ranger, the F150 would HAVE to be on the line up, not at a silly price either, $29,990 + ORC

The problem with the Falcon [more than anything else] it just got to expensive, Ford should be cheered that they have been still able to make sales of them

The mid $30k Peugeot 508 for one kills it, modern, sleek, quality, frugal etc.

The Falcon is a vehicle of the previous generation, move on!
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #110
The Snout

Quote:

He speaks the truth. But the article is like p*ssing on a bushfire to save your house.

It seems The Motor Report is more interested in defending Ford than Ford are.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #111
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER

NOT interested in a Ranger, the F150 would HAVE to be on the line up, not at a silly price either, $29,990 + ORC

The problem with the Falcon [more than anything else] it just got to expensive, Ford should be cheered that they have been still able to make sales of them

What a surprise, Razor chiming in with his comments about how crap the Falcon and Ranger are, and how the f-150 needs to be sold here for a profit busting price of 30k...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #112
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This was on the Ford Falcon Facebook page on 22Jun12.

Quote:
Ford fans, we’ve had a lot of questions on our page regarding our marketing approach, particularly as it relates to Falcon. You’ve seen new news from us on EcoBoost, our Cane Toad video and recently seen ads that feature the Falcon and Falcon Ute. Now, we’d like the opportunity to take you a step further and provide you with more information about our overall marketing strategies by inviting you to an exclusive in-person presentation with our General Marketing Manager, David Katic. Due to the confidential nature of David's presentation, we can’t share too much on our Facebook page, but this presentation will allow you, our fans, to get the inside story. The events will take place on 15th August in Sydney and 16th August in Melbourne. We have a very limited number of spaces available for this unique opportunity, so if you're interested and would like to find out more, please email us at social.fordaustralia@gmail.com
This is probably booked out now but those of you interested should contact them and see if there are any positions available. I am attending the Sydney presentation, unless I get sent to China by work...
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #113
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

As is Renault Latitude, comes in diesel,too!!
Old 31-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #114
I6DOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
FALCON 2012?

We should run a forum competition, make a Falcon ad, the best three win some prize money, then its up to everyone here with a Facebook/Twitter/Google+ account to spread the video across the internet to their friends and so on so fourth.
I'm with you Big Damo. It's not a bad idea and have thought the same thing myself. I don't have too many media skills, but I'd give it a go. Anything to get some positive vibes back around the falcon and to at least try and save it for the longer term.

I remember back to the original BA advertising, from the drip feed web based stuff and then culminating in that ripper of an add shot in NZ of the BA XR6 Turbo slinging through the bends and along the straights. That was a hell of an add campaign (in my opinion) and was a contributing factor to me looking at and ultimately buying a BA XR6 Turbo.

Have thought that something similar done today with an FG turbo, might just inspire a new generation to at least take a look at a falcon.

I know having just bought an FG XR6 Turbo, it absolutely runs rings around my BA. With 6speed auto, 270kw, 550nm torque, brilliant highway economy, interior space to burn, cavernous boot, comfortable seating and driving dynamics/comfort second to none it's class ....so many things you can convey to the buying public.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #115
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

tell him he's dreamin............
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #116
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_xcess
....It's hippies in Byron Bay... waa, waa, waaa.
No more hippies in Byron.......
All priced out of the rental market years ago!
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #117
robbo/region15

Doom & gloom,media wide,regularly now.We as a T1 supplier to the big 3,are very busy ,employing more casual labour ,we are that busy!!!Anything i see in the media regarding FOA,whatever will happen will.But this article was food for thought......

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...nt_Gottliebsen
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #118
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Hopefully the Falcon gets the 3.5L V6 from the Taurus. While im quite happy with the 4.0L I6 from Geelong, I think the iron block is holding the Falcon back a bit.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #119
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Hopefully the Falcon gets the 3.5L V6 from the Taurus. While im quite happy with the 4.0L I6 from Geelong, I think the iron block is holding the Falcon back a bit.
A V8 would be better..
Old 31-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #120
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Please explain how the iron block is holding back the Falcon. Beside the weight penalty, the I6 gives the much newer Holden V6 a run for its money.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post