Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: When should the next Wagga AFD be held?
Same time in 06 27 71.05%
Same time in 07 7 18.42%
Other (say when) 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #91
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Saturday show would be better for the travellers, unless it was a long weekend..hang on ...i have long weekends every weekend : we work 4 day weeks mon -thurs.!!.
A sunday show would make it very hard getting home and harder getting up at 5am the following monday morning start, considering it took us around 8-9 hours to get home!
Old 17-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #92
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I actually prefer the saturday, allows time to travel home on sunday, without taking too much time off work (but i did anyway this time )
yep I'll second that.
Personally I prefer to take the Friday off and Show on Sat but I suppose it's what majority rules and what venue is available for the day.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 17-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #93
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Saturday i imagine would suit most people,gives them time to get back home by Sunday.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
Old 18-11-2005, 10:39 AM   #94
barra
Starter Motor

Thats why I suggested holding it on a long weekend, You can still travel home then on the Monday.
Was just a suggestion as I think you will be suprised the amount of people who didn't get to the show due to work commitments.
I know people who travelled over from West Wyalong to go to the show, and were disappointed as many cars had left, as by the time he left work and got to Wagga it was late in the afternoon.
I know you guys are looking at it from a showing point of view, where I am looking at it from the consumers point of view. And really you guys want to show it off to the consumers, share stories, and hopefully get more people interested in the Fords.
The previous years when it was on a Sunday at Hillis Ford was good, it opened the show up to more people.
Revfest was also on a Sunday, like most shows, they gear themselves to appeal to the majority of the population. I know this cuts both ways with needing the cars to show, and the customers to view.
What i'd suggest would be the long weekend in October as a date. Good lead up to Bathurst.
Old 18-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #95
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I suppose if Hillis Ford really gave a damn about their customer base and Ford Community in general, they would have made more of an effort when they saw that 100 plus cars where booked for the weekend.

We had more support from The Lawson’s than Hillis, and just goes to show depth of community involvement.

If there is a long weekend it would be better for all to have the show then me thinks.

and I think this time we involve some of the retailers in the area as well.

_2: _2: :evil_laug _2: _2:

Last edited by Laminge; 18-11-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 18-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #96
barra
Starter Motor

Remember we are only getting 1 side of the story RE: Hillisford.
I don't know how many of you are business owners, but consider this:
Every year the show has been a success and held at Hillis, this year however the show moves to a Saturday and not a Sunday, which means you have to start to clear 100+ cars off your yard and store them on Friday night, and you have paid staff coming to work on Saturday yet they can't do anything because you have a car show on, and you can't sell the show cars. So what do you do?? Sacrifice a day of work when you still have all the expense involved??
I am know defending or supporting Hillis but I am trying to see the things from there side of the picture.
I personally wouldn't shut my business down on a trading day when there is no financial gain to me, when using the same place 1 day later would be a happy medium and a win win situation for everyone.
Plus I don't know of you realise how long it is going to take to clear over 100 cars from a yard and store them all up, then bring them back onto a lot and re arrange it all.
I think there is more to the Hillis Ford story then we are being told on the forums.
Just remember everyone that there is 2 sides to a story.
Old 18-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #97
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Sorry

But at any stage was their an indication that anyone’s business was to be shut?

How many car shows and dealership events have you been involved in?

During my time I have had enough experience with clubs, shows and dealerships to clearly highlight the fact that Hillis wanted nothing to do with this event.

We didn’t ask Hillis to shut down their business, as you elude, the event was moved way before the need to worry about that came into effect, once the numbers where up B2TF realised the task and organised a larger venue.

This was a value add venture for their participation in the Wagga Wagga Ford community and I hope at the end of the day they realise this.

Their total lack of support on the day is not to be justified in any shape or form, after all how hard would it have been to drive down 2 cars for argument sake?

Don’t think either they are not aware of what’s being discussed, nor have we made any attempt to stop them replying accordingly.

Their silence is duly noted.

End of subject
Old 18-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #98
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Nobody ever suggested moving ANY Hillis cars. In previous years all display cars were on the grass verge outside the dealership.

This year I believe we had permission to use the space next to Hillis (Bob Jane etc) but when entry numbers started to go skyward B2TF rightly figured that much more space was needed.

From what I can gather 2 cars were coming from Hillis for display... then none.
Old 18-11-2005, 02:03 PM   #99
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

oh please someone catch this barra and cook it !

Don't bring Ellery/Supercheap into this, irrelevant.
Old 18-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #100
barra
Starter Motor

Relevant in how to treat sponsors Bluedriver.
Supercheap and Ellery were talking of a 2 car team, discussions fell over and didn't go Ellery's way. So Ellery was the loser as were you guys in the Hillis thing, but what do you acieve by screaming and publically bagging them out?
Old 18-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #101
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra
Relevant in how to treat sponsors Bluedriver.
Supercheap and Ellery were talking of a 2 car team, discussions fell over and didn't go Ellery's way. So Ellery was the loser as were you guys in the Hillis thing, but what do you acieve by screaming and publically bagging them out?
My sources advised me SCA in 03 expected Ellery to have a 2 car team ready to go for late 04 into 05. He didn't and they made a decision nothing wrong with that. He had no reason to be upset and to Steve's credit he behaved accordingly but lets get back on topic.

The Hillis scenario I understand from Austin they committed to support the show, I and many others didn't even think or expect it was going to be held at the dealership but at a site which was found.
All some were making noise about was
1. the late withdrawal of support
2. at least they could have put a few cars up at the show with some corporate signage/flags for some presence, it didn't have to be manned imo but with some business cards on the car screens.

It's over anyway.
Old 18-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #102
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra
......... but what do you acieve by screaming and publically bagging them out?
Obviously you have an alterior motive to post on these forums as you have conveniently failed to read or respond coherently to any post.. Troll would be a better user name!
Closed Thread