Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #91
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Awesome car, wouldn't mind one myself. Mr Lon has already ordered one, put a deposit on it months ago. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #92
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
Well I apologies If i came around that way, But I wasn't impressed one bit with the Zetec I test drove amongst other cars before eventually buying the golf. My opinion on the look of the interior and especially materials used was quite a low one. The performance was ok but engine sounded to thrashy to me at high rpm, it did handle very well and didn't quite make the ride suffer as bad as the golf. But just couldn't get my head around the interior where I would be spending all of my time with it, that and it made a good stereo sound cheap. Sorry But that was my opinion of which I am entitled to.
Accepted. And i agree with you in terms of the build quality of the zetec. The XR5 and RS are completely different when it comes to that though. All the focus range that we do get here, apart from XR5 and RS, are built in South Africa. I myself have been in the TDCi and i wasn't too impressed with the quality of the workmanship.

That being said, when you jump into an XR5 / RS, you will REALLY notice the difference. The glove box opens with a nice slow motion, whereas in the South African built ones, you get the lovely CLUNK.
You are entitled to your opinion, and that's the great thing about this forum. However, say that a car doesn't perform up to your standards when you haven't driven it isn't on. I could rant on about every other make of car, but I don't make up my mind until I've driven one.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #93
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
Well I apologies If i came around that way, But I wasn't impressed one bit with the Zetec I test drove amongst other cars before eventually buying the golf. My opinion on the look of the interior and especially materials used was quite a low one. The performance was ok but engine sounded to thrashy to me at high rpm, it did handle very well and didn't quite make the ride suffer as bad as the golf. But just couldn't get my head around the interior where I would be spending all of my time with it, that and it made a good stereo sound cheap. Sorry But that was my opinion of which I am entitled to.

I'm glad you have had a great run with your car as I don't wish car trouble upon anyone, and though I don't have fist hand experience with focus problems, My Dad owns his own mobile repair business and says anytime he's doing work on a focus the customer can't wait to be rid of it due to the amount of problems they have had with them.

Other people in this thread can say what they like about my original post, but when you can get more power out of a car thats better behvaed and also has AWD with a lower price tag, why wouldn't you.

Has nothing to do with latte machine (2 sugars thanks) or being a homo as your trying to say. I like a car I can drive to work smoothly one day, Or drive my Grandparents comfortably out to a nice country town for a nice morning breakfast, then cane the *** out of it on the twisties while they have gone to look at the town markets.

Stoney!
You are entitled to your own opinion, like we are all. But to come on thread that is about the RS and give negative opinions about a car that you have NO idea on how it drives or even how it is built is a litle naive/silly.

I was not trying to say that you are a homo (and there is nothing wrong with being one if any one is)
I have owned/driven many vehicles and you must drive a XR5 to see what it is all about.
#1 The exhaust/induction note
#2 The way it drives so easy TORQUE
and the most convincing $34.000 drive away.

These where my 3 major factors IMO over the GTI, MPS, Rally Art Mitshu.

Regards Mick.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #94
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.4 GT
Fifth Gear did a decent comparo between the 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4jhlExoRaM

*Note it seems to be the FQ-300 Evo X... not sure if it makes that much of a difference but I know the FQ-400 version would.

Hmm... Not so sure about that. I think it shows how good our local bang for buck car line up is. FG XR6T low 5 second 0-100 (possibly into the 4s for forum members) and mid 12s 1/4 (proven by forum members here), out of a car that costs less than 45k and can carry 5 people and their luggage in relative comfort.

Having said that I really like the Focus RS and wouldn't mind one in white.

Glad they finally decided to bring it out here even if it is only in relatively limited numbers.
the test wasnt split, as in both drivers swaped cars, not to say the focus would have done any better but dont seem right would be intresting to see this at bathurst 24hr

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #95
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbuck
I rang my local dealer who said that they have probably already sold out. He was suggesting I put my name down as a reserve in case there is a cancellation! 300 = 150 green + 75 blue + 75 white I was told.
Dealers will tell you anything to make their product look good.

That being said, I'd love to see it sell out. I just personally can't see it happening. Just my opinion.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #96
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I would honestly love to trade in my Fiesta and get one of these. Unfortunately we are having some health issues in my family and the coinage just isn't there.

Time to don my Darth Vader costume and rob a few banks...

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #97
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is good news. I hope it'll do well against the other hot hatches in the market.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #98
chris0

That thing looks horn!
Interesting posts about the colours available, I would have thought you could get all the colours of the normal focus?
On another note, 60k is alot to be spending on a 'small car', 'hot hatch' or whatever you might call it. You have to expect the RS to be compared with STI's and Evo's, becasue they share similar price tags. I have not driven one (I dont think anyone on here has?) but I have driven the likes of an evo9 and just recently an evoX (MR) and those things are the real road going, track weapons.
That said, the RS will sell, and sell in numbers, beacause it looks bloody fantastic!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #99
SnoWhite
------------

I HAVE 2 CLOSE FRIENDS THAT HAVE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE UK AFTER DRIVING THE RS FOCUS. ONE HAS JUST PUT HIS DEPOSIT ON A WHITE ONE TODAY. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THIS CAR ACTUALLY DRIVES AND SOUNDS BETTER THAN IT LOOKS!

It is possible all the cars will be sold before the launch in the 4th quarter or 2010. So hurry up and sell your Golf's, STI's and Evo's and get yourself into the new RS.
SnoWhite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #100
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JutroXR8
Dealers will tell you anything to make their product look good.

That being said, I'd love to see it sell out. I just personally can't see it happening. Just my opinion.
How is telling a customer there are only 300 making the product look good? Would you prefer a dealer to take your order and then disappoint you by saying they can't get you one?

find me on instagram @adm.history for daily automotive historical Australian advertisements.
barra240t is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #101
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to know what colours people would buy. Would you choose:

1. Ultimate Green
2. Frozen White
3. Performance Blue

?

find me on instagram @adm.history for daily automotive historical Australian advertisements.
barra240t is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #102
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully this post wont take this topic to far off topic.. But we always seem to talk about profit on here, so this could actually turn in to a very nice profit for Ford.. If you figure a normal foucs is 25K(ish) & this one is 60K(ish), making a a difference of 35K. All the added goodies over the normal Foucs surely won't eat up the whole 35K, making the profit per car very nice?? Times that by 300 units & Ford will be in the money you'd think?? And make 300 people very happy??

P.S: I think I'd go Blue.. Green is nice, just not sure I could look at green everyday..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #103
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoWhite
So hurry up and sell your Golf's, STI's and Evo's and get yourself into the new RS.
Tempting, but I'll go the Golf R instead. RevoKnuckle may be a trick bit of gear, but it can only do so much. Besides, I've never driven a small car that felt anywhere near as solid as the Golf.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #104
SnoWhite
------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Tempting, but I'll go the Golf R instead. RevoKnuckle may be a trick bit of gear, but it can only do so much. Besides, I've never driven a small car that felt anywhere near as solid as the Golf.
The Golf is no doubt a solid unit. To each his own I say. The boys in the UK that have driven both ALL say the RS Focus is the pick of the hot hatches.
I guess the best way to prove it is somehow try to arrange a test drive if any cars are available and not sold come October.

White for me(Same as my old 1979 RS2000). Green/gold changing metalic paint will not age so well here and a hard colour to match if damaged. The blue looks great, but all the Mk 1 RS Focus's were blue, so not a popular choice in the UK.

Last edited by SnoWhite; 03-08-2010 at 03:05 PM.
SnoWhite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #105
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Blue is my pick. My XR5 is the same colour and it looks the ducks nuts!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #106
BrisVegas
Noobie

oh, to be single and unencumbered! I'd have a white one thanks. Who wants a conservative Golf R or S3?? The Focus is cool. In 20 years time, the Focus will be a collectible, like 70's GT Falcons. The Golfs and STI and evos will be all at scrapyards.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #107
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t

1. Ultimate Green
2. Frozen White
3. Performance Blue

?
Green, but only because I don't buy the same colour twice in a row (white). And the blue is way to understated for this thing.

N.b Definately not going to buy one though
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #108
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How is telling a customer there are only 300 making the product look good? Would you prefer a dealer to take your order and then disappoint you by saying they can't get you one?
Because a lot of people buy things which are popular, not because of how good, it is or if it actually suits them. For them, if it is popular, it must be good. Regardless of if the product is any good or not. Therefore, scarcity does play a part in a value of a product.

Yes, I probably would. But, if I was after a quick small hatch, like the RS, and you told me there is a limited stock, of which they all maybe sold out. But if I put my money down, you'll make sure if one does come available, it will be mine. I'd put a deposit down. But, if I knew there were heaps available, I would shop around, and make sure I get the best bargin. Which may mean I purchase it off another dealer. I even might decide to test other makes for a comparison. Which then may or maynot change my perception of the product.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #109
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

1. Ultimate Green
2. Frozen White
3. Performance Blue

?
If I was in the market for an RS (which I'm not), I'd go the green. Looks the part!!!!

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #110
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
crazy!!! love the 3 wheeling/oversteer. looks nuts!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #111
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

1. Ultimate Green
2. Frozen White
3. Performance Blue

?
1. Frozen White
2. Frozen White
3. Frozen White
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #112
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

1. Ultimate Green
2. Frozen White
3. Performance Blue

?

Green, green is nice.

I'ld probally go white, as green is a "in" colour, it will look bland once the impact is gone, white is a timeless colour, looks good on anything.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #113
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
1. Frozen White
2. Frozen White
3. Frozen White
are you absolutely sure because you don’t sound like it.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #114
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
"You dont see Europe salivating to import anything worth while from Australia. Did you ever think the reason is that its all Ballonie... with the only positive is going fast in a straightline?? Any muppet can do that....
Do you live in europe?
BTW thanks for the info

Edit- Ultimate Green for me
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #115
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Green, green is nice.

You gotta go the Hero colour on a car like the RS...

Ultimate Green all the way
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
RS027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #116
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I go for the Ultimate Green as well, it don't think it looks as good as the white or blue RS but I think it may be a similar situation to what it is with the T-Series Falcon being far more desirable in Blueprint.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #117
red_xr4
Starter Motor

Ultimate Green = Win
red_xr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #118
Bakis
XR6ED

Cant believe people are suggesting 224kw and 440nm is too much for a fwd car... Yes its a lot but its only 17ish% more power then a MPS3 which i think would be closest comparison only because i know the MPS has LSD not sure if Focus does (correct me if im wrong).

There are XR5 Turbo and MPS guys getting around with like 200+ Fwkw and about 500nm of torque and they are amazing to drive apparently. If used correctly torque steer is your friend.

I never believed it too cause Top Gear make it seem so much worst but once your used to it, its fun and easy to control... like drifting :P

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #119
zc347

I think it's going to be rare for people to get the colour they want and pay only 60k. Most dealerships are only getting 1 each and word is they are going to sell them to the highest bidder.
zc347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #120
1TUFFUTE
Banned

ok now im a huuuge fan of this new focus rs...but what i wanna know is some performance figures btween the golf...wrx...renult...and the lancer.

Now ive seen two comparisons alllready on utube with the RS beating a race spec reneult and also only narrowly being beatin by the lancer(all be it the race driver was in the lancer and the old dude was in the RS focus.

My opinion was that the golf just wouldnt even be in the same class.

Also im sure the lancer has the wood over the wrx comfortably therefore id say the RS would too.

Also whats the price diffs between the respective models?

So any thoughts on these respective speeds and prices.....
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post