Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #91
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
spose it is kinda fun but i feel as tho im being attacked by the ones who r calling me a dick (wot happened to the personal insult bit?), a whinger, to grow up etc and all i did was seek advice!!! WTF?
no one called you a dick.. I just did a search, didnt find anything. And yes, you probably should relax a bit and actually listen to the advice on here rather than fight against it.. 2500 people cant be wrong

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #92
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Well, its hard to deal with the fact that EVERY other person disagrees with you on here about the new laws.. must be miserable to see so many of us so completely wrong huh? I mean, you are certain you are right and we are wrong.... right?
so mr selective reader over here is sure he has me now. i agree cars should be roadworthy, safe etc but i dont have to do anything wrong to be pinned for hooning!
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #93
frost
Banned

OK I have spent alot of time researching this. Hoon laws as follows, Police have discression but not that Much

1. Any person found doing a burnout, loosing traction ect - Hoon
2. Excessive Acceleartion (Getting your 60ft time at the lights) - Hoon
3. Street Racing or Drag Racing on the street - (This includes, the intention to accllerate quickly at the traffic lights in order to beat another car) Drag racing also intends going to a road, and having a race using both lanes ect. - Hoon
4. Mingling in public places and not moving on when insturcted to do so (They say this due to fights that happen, it promotes hoon behavior) (To beat it lock you car and walk away)

Please Note: They are definate just what I have sourced. Some more information
1. This is a court offense, and still will be a court offense, you get caught doing this now, you get summonds to court, this will still happen, but the hoon laws are their to stop you make you re think, as court is a long slow process.(Driving Wreaklessly, Conduct Endangouring life, Careless driving)

2. That is a law in its self atm, but they copper has to take you to court, too much paper work

3.The Traffic Light GP has never been an offense, Drag racing (Conduct which endangerouring life, careless driving, driving wreaklessly) has been, this makes this "Drag Racing" All nice an neat

4. This is new, in a sense, you can be arrested for hanging out with known criminals, its been tried in ballarat its just a new law.

They are the offenses as I know that you car can be taken off you, and they are not P plater only laws, applys to ever license holder

Now someone mentioned Sub woofer ИИИ, That would be classed as excissive noise, Eg it is a local council law inforced by police, You can be fined for excissive noise.

I hope this helps you

On a personal note, good on them, Like seriously I wont admit to doing nothing wrong cause I have from time to time, but its stupidly insane, im sick of it in ballarat doing it in public places ruins the car scene (as someone said find a quite place to do it). Just so you can flame me to, I want to become a Police officer (Pig, Dount eater, Cop, ****er - what ever else you call it) and TMU acutally but aiming more towards computer forenics investigation.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #94
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Jesus christ. Can you guys like learn to spell? And don't give me that "i kant spell guud" crap. If you're literate enough to figure out a computer, type like it.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #95
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

how do i go about getting it off the street so as this doesnt happen to me. i love my baby and i wouldnt like to be without it coz johny law said i did something i didnt!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #96
frost
Banned

Quote:
how do i go about getting it off the street so as this doesnt happen to me. i love my baby and i wouldnt like to be without it coz johny law said i did something i didnt!
BTW When you say Johnny law, do some study at school, you will find Victorian Police laws are passed by state goverment and only work in our state ;)
Old 03-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #97
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
so mr selective reader over here is sure he has me now. i agree cars should be roadworthy, safe etc but i dont have to do anything wrong to be pinned for hooning!
Actually, yes you do.

This is not hard to comprehend.. everyone else here knows this. They way you put it EVERY SINGLE P plater in vic is going to lose their car in the next 3 month. That is simply not going to happen. The laws are put in plaec to stop what Frost has posted.. nothing more.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #98
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

this is gold...I was actually up that way on the weekend at a party..there are soo weird and slow folk up there thats for sure.

pass the weed..... :yeees:

This is the sort of attitude that gets you in trouble in the first place..the "them" vs "us" crap.

Its there job to look after the public..if something looks shifty then they can do what they like, and 99.9% of the time there is a goof ball behind the wheel.

Plus hooning cost to much money with petrol these days....go buy yourself a ghia, I find I cant be stuffed doing anything naughty as it goes against the image of the car...lol..you should listen to the factory tape that came with it..GOLD!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #99
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost
OK I have spent alot of time researching this. Hoon laws as follows, Police have discression but not that Much

1. Any person found doing a burnout, loosing traction ect - Hoon
2. Excessive Acceleartion (Getting your 60ft time at the lights) - Hoon
3. Street Racing or Drag Racing on the street - (This includes, the intention to accllerate quickly at the traffic lights in order to beat another car) Drag racing also intends going to a road, and having a race using both lanes ect. - Hoon
4. Mingling in public places and not moving on when insturcted to do so (They say this due to fights that happen, it promotes hoon behavior) (To beat it lock you car and walk away)

Please Note: They are definate just what I have sourced. Some more information
1. This is a court offense, and still will be a court offense, you get caught doing this now, you get summonds to court, this will still happen, but the hoon laws are their to stop you make you re think, as court is a long slow process.(Driving Wreaklessly, Conduct Endangouring life, Careless driving)

2. That is a law in its self atm, but they copper has to take you to court, too much paper work

3.The Traffic Light GP has never been an offense, Drag racing (Conduct which endangerouring life, careless driving, driving wreaklessly) has been, this makes this "Drag Racing" All nice an neat

4. This is new, in a sense, you can be arrested for hanging out with known criminals, its been tried in ballarat its just a new law.

They are the offenses as I know that you car can be taken off you, and they are not P plater only laws, applys to ever license holder

Now someone mentioned Sub woofer ИИИ, That would be classed as excissive noise, Eg it is a local council law inforced by police, You can be fined for excissive noise.

I hope this helps you

On a personal note, good on them, Like seriously I wont admit to doing nothing wrong cause I have from time to time, but its stupidly insane, im sick of it in ballarat doing it in public places ruins the car scene (as someone said find a quite place to do it). Just so you can flame me to, I want to become a Police officer (Pig, Dount eater, Cop, ****er - what ever else you call it) and TMU acutally but aiming more towards computer forenics investigation.
thats excellent. some points in there. ie losing traction. in the wet and granny drives around the corner, over the paint and slides a little...hoon?
Old 03-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #100
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
BTW When you say Johnny law, do some study at school, you will find Victorian Police laws are passed by state goverment and only work in our state ;)
thanks for that. have completed yr12 legal studies last yr. know the ins and outs of the legislative pocess ;)
Old 03-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #101
frost
Banned

Quote:
thats excellent. some points in there. ie losing traction. in the wet and granny drives around the corner, over the paint and slides a little...hoon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY SELF THE EXCELLENCE
Police have discression but not that Much
She could be techincally called a hoon, yes, But remember police have discression at the best of times, like doing 130 in a 100 zone and getting booked for 109
Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #102
frost
Banned

BTW Can I shoot him now, Cartz that is, this fool dosnt deserve a Ford he deserves to own a Fully Sic Comodedoor
Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #103
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

This has to be the quickest growing thread in aagggess, its awesome!

CaRtZ - drive normal, be normal, type normal, act normal and people will leave you alone
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #104
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Actually, yes you do.

This is not hard to comprehend.. everyone else here knows this. They way you put it EVERY SINGLE P plater in vic is going to lose their car in the next 3 month. That is simply not going to happen. The laws are put in plaec to stop what Frost has posted.. nothing more.
come live in shepp and not get slapped with a fine! my mum has one on her stock '83 cressida. cant remember the exact wording, few yrs ago now. somethin' like " vehicle is unroadworthy due to unaccounted modification" or some crap. cant remember wot for...
Old 03-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #105
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
CaRtZ - drive normal, be normal, type normal, act normal and people will leave you alone

if not, tell us your rego, and we will get a police officer to fax you off a canary.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #106
-jjM-
Banned

woh we made it to page 5?

prity simple dude, drive the opisite from a hoon

that popcorn wasnt filling :(
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #107
frost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
if not, tell us your rego, and we will get a police officer to fax you off a canary.
Haha even better, Just a letter to say

"Present you car at vicroads in 7 days"
Old 03-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #108
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

and whats with "shepp"...lol...pretty sic

Serious you dont own a VL do you?

Mods: Can this thread please not be moved when closed? Im going to make some tea, should take 10-15mins..thanks! :
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #109
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:

i cant see wheels on that sub box, maybe its not lowered enough :P
Old 03-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #110
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:

no. and pretty well anyone within 50kms calls shepparton, shepp.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #111
frost
Banned

Quote:

No thats too go for him, he has to own a series 1 VN
Old 03-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #112
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Jesus christ. Can you guys like learn to spell? And don't give me that "i kant spell guud" crap. If you're literate enough to figure out a computer, type like it.
I thought i was the only one going cross eyed trying to read this thread, i kant remember wot i lerned at scool.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #113
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
i cant see wheels on that sub box, maybe its not lowered enough :P
theres checkered plate though..sweeeeeeeeet :

ok im hungry

/im such a whore +too many
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #114
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Haha even better, Just a letter to say

"Present you car at vicroads in 7 days"
and someone asked me why i took the plates off my car when taking the picures to be uploaded....
Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #115
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
No thats too go for him, he has to own a series 1 VN

how dare you bag my new canary bate red wagon!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #116
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Quote:

IF granny has enough weight in her right foot to actually induce wheel spin she is doing mighty well, however i am yet to see granny driving anything other than her old corolla/camry so i dont see this as a possibility.

And if she did, she aint no hoon. She just needs to hand her license in anyway

From what i can see in this thread, you are asking how to not becoming a victim of shepparton police for being a 'hoon' whether you are or arent. Things that attract police attention are

P plates
Wheels
Stereos
Exhausts
Seats laid back behind the b pillar

The bloke in my avatar driving mum's Kia might get pulled for a RBT, but i doubt for anything else. Do not be a moron, don't modify your car enough to warrant attention (already said about 100 times) or ride a pushy if you dont want any attention. Fact is, young blokes like it fast, lots die...of course they'll be targeted

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #117
frost
Banned

Quote:
and someone asked me why i took the plates off my car when taking the picures to be uploaded....
Scared was you, Who cars, My number plates are ******, funny I know enough cops to get an EPA notice for too loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko the great
how dare you bag my new canary bate red wagon!
Yours isnt orginally with those new coil packs and all

Last edited by Laminge; 04-04-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #118
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
ride a pushy if you dont want any attention.
just make sure your wearing a helmut and not standing around in a carpark/loiterning otherwise u will get DEFECTED :P
Old 03-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #119
frost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
From what i can see in this thread, you are asking how to not becoming a victim of shepparton police for being a 'hoon' whether you are or arent. Things that attract police attention are

P plates
Wheels
Stereos
Exhausts
Seats laid back behind the b pillar
Oh oh oh, you forgot to add, Fully Sic Neons Brother
and its stezzas not stereos
Old 03-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #120
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
just make sure your wearing a helmut and not standing around in a carpark/loiterning otherwise u will get DEFECTED :P
images come to mind of a guy being defected for unroadworthy on a bike and getting a canary hehe

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post