Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #91
FlaminFiesta

im almost in tears, should have bought my dads ols s..t box civic off him !! atleast u know it can only get better .. not worse.. my new car is goneski... letter i will be writing..
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #92
Moya

I'd walk in, ask to test drive a Fiesta, then after you got the keys in your hand, get into your car and drive off. Tell them they'll get there car back when you get yours back in a satisfactory way.
Moya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #93
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moya
I'd walk in, ask to test drive a Fiesta, then after you got the keys in your hand, get into your car and drive off. Tell them they'll get there car back when you get yours back in a satisfactory way.
Unfortunately it's classified as theft, which would land you in even bigger . Lesson learnt with Power Ford, don't bring it back to them for servicing and getting things fixed, you'll drive out with more things broken than what you drove in with.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #94
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Ok just thought i'd share my experience with Power Ford. I bought my car from them a few years back and must say the level of service has been professional. I will add that i do watch my car like a hawk when it has been in for its routine services and i make them very clear that the car is unmarked and i deliver it to them in prestine shiny condition so they know to look after my car and treat is special (not just another car). I've had some factory field campaigns that they done and they have done things as i instructed.
But i will agree, level of Ford service in general is generally from what i have seen is woeful and I will not leave my car without me being there at any Ford service.
Old 23-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #95
b2tf
not here much anymore

FlaminFiesta, look seriously mate you need to cut them off completely. Why do you keep going back there if they're so bloody awful? They sound like Class 1 morons who I certainly wouldnt let come close to my car even if it meant breaking warranty.

Find yourself another dealer and give them a good once over before they get the chance to do any work on your car.
Old 24-08-2005, 12:52 AM   #96
FlaminFiesta

i will mate i will , i spoke to ford and they said i cant until powerford fix there f..ups until then im stuck so hopefully this is the last time !! im watching them fix it next time and never ever going back, !!
Old 24-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #97
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
i will mate i will , i spoke to ford and they said i cant until powerford fix there f..ups until then im stuck so hopefully this is the last time !! im watching them fix it next time and never ever going back, !!
Documentation is your friend. Times, Dates, phone calls, include all costs incurred getting to/from dealer, fares, car hire, hours off work etc. But keep it accurate, no exaggerations or untruths. Photos of all the scratches, dirty prints, etc.. Do all this and hopefully you've been doing it since the start, but now is the time to micro detail things.

Do this accurately and help is available...
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #98
FlaminFiesta

hey mate

yeah i did as soon as ppl started suggesting it i added up how much time and money this has cost me and its come to ~$1000 yep..

5 page letter titled to Mr Gorman 2200 words is on its way.. didnt know i would make 5 pages.. but i have..
Old 24-08-2005, 07:25 PM   #99
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
hey mate

yeah i did as soon as ppl started suggesting it i added up how much time and money this has cost me and its come to ~$1000 yep..

5 page letter titled to Mr Gorman 2200 words is on its way.. didnt know i would make 5 pages.. but i have..

Can I give you one word to base your reply on

Respect, even if you have not been shown it, make sure your "velvet" the letter to that effect!

Having met both Gorman and Uncle Goeff, the role they have at president of Ford OZ is bloody huge.

Gain their respect in your Silver penning and you will be shown the same back
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 09:31 PM   #100
FlaminFiesta

ta laminge, im actually going to re-word some of it, softening it up as such...
Old 24-08-2005, 09:37 PM   #101
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Can I give you one word to base your reply on

Respect, even if you have not been shown it, make sure your "velvet" the letter to that effect!

Having met both Gorman and Uncle Goeff, the role they have at president of Ford OZ is bloody huge.

Gain their respect in your Silver penning and you will be shown the same back
Laminge is exactly right. Remember these guys are not your average DP's waiting to help - they are in control of a huge company.
That said, they are not totally inaccessible and pointless to contact. Just be polite, explain the situation for what it is and see what kind of response you get. I for one will be very interested to see how it goes.
Old 25-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #102
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_monkey
Truer words could not be spoken. :
You didn't take note of the suggestions in Laminges post above did you?

How would you approach any work returned to you by someone that had just referred to you as a retard?

Both you boys should take a quick look at the site "terms and conditions" before you start flinging insults towards individuals unless you are planning on a possible monkey holiday.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #103
FlaminFiesta

Hey guys n gals !

well i got my car back, YAY about a month after it all started but i guess take every victory sweetly i will !!

In the end it took longer i was dissapointed and well it wasnt ideal..

I just picked it up and the conversation tonight has put some faith back into PowerFord for me, and i thank Peter T the Fixed operations development manager, really took time which no one else did to accept they dropped the ball and was really sympathetic and gave me a free service and courtesy car which shows it must have been one of the badest runs of luck in history.

Anyway thanks for the words of advice, and i guess i must have had a bad trot but thanks to Fernando for fixing me up as well. I appreciate his honesty as well as PEters as it is all i wanted from the start !

anyways, theres alot of avenues to ensure that you get the service you deserver and ppl have pointed it out. Thanks to FordForum for helping me get through this and get the right outcomes i wanted - a car that is fixed - better late than never !

btw they apologised for the other stuff that happened to me so i thank them for that !

BTW I GOT MY BABY BACK YEAH!!
Old 21-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #104
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Glad it all worked out in the end for you.

I hope you don't have to experience that again!

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #105
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's good you got it all sorted but the fact is it should never have happened in the first place. Forum members will remember this thread and either be very careful or steer clear altogether of Power Ford @ Castle Hill. :
Old 21-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #106
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Winford Motors up the road at Mc Graths Hill is pretty good.
My new home...

Old 28-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #107
benzor

Good to see at least someones problems got sorted..
benzor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #108
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzau
Good to see at least someones problems got sorted..
Welcome to the forums mate. :

You live in the Hills area do you (Sydney)???? :dj:

Old 28-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #109
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad it has all worked out. it only takes 1 person to restore your faith. Its a great thing when it happens.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #110
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i guess different dealers have different attitudes =/

Coffey Ford here in Dandenong is superb in its service ^^ dads bought about 3 cars there (futura classic, focus and fiesta), everyone's friendly there, they talk to you fantastic bunch. lol dad haggled with the lady on paint protection on the focus >_< eventually the lady dropped the price by more than half =x
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #111
CarBroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
...dad haggled with the lady on paint protection on the focus >_< eventually the lady dropped the price by more than half =x
Just make sure he still got the after care kit and warranty papers on the p/p. There are some unscrupulous dealers that simply take one kit and apply it across 2 cars. No aftercare kit is included then, but sometimes they also photocopy the warranty papers. That's why I buy and apply paint protection myself.

As far as dealer service, I reckon it has to do with the fact that no one wants to be a car dealer and have to work 6 or 7 days a week. On top of that, they see the worst of human nature all the time. If you think car sales people are bad, just think of the car saelsman who spends 2 hours demonstrating the car and "working" a customer who then goes down the road and buys it from someone else for $50 less. Happens all the time. Doesn't excuse poor service, but leads to poor service. Good for my business, though
CarBroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #112
benzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Welcome to the forums mate. :

You live in the Hills area do you (Sydney)???? :dj:
After the fallout of comments posted about certain dealerships, I'm not going to post anymore on these forums, I'll lurk and PM only.

Plus my other account was banned.

That's all I'm going to see, because the last I heard was "this isn't over".
benzor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:21 PM   #113
palah
FirstFordAu2VCT

Had my wifes AU2 Fairmont Ghia first service at Power Ford Castle Hill - Bad Mistake!!

It was under Fords extended warranty (used car)...you can take the car not being ready at the proper time (hell has happened elsewhere) even when booking in said my wife needed to pick up the kids by 3pm. Waited over 1 1/2 hours (after 20 mins sent wife off in my car).

They gave a list of items they said needed to be fixed

leaking waterpump - warranty claim
undersized front disc rotor (wanted $200 each)
Muffler had hole (wanted $660)

Asked about leaking water pump - said needed to get authorisation from Ford. Asked, can i come back another day - sure, we'll ring you

well one week went by, phoned up and they said Ford extended Warranty had not got back yet (after one week) asked why no phone call? they said sorry. Another 3 days went by - phoned the service manager this time - he said sorry but was able to book the car back in... they actually fixed the leaking waterpump BUT missed out on the disc rotors (paid $78 each for two new DBR's at robbos) saved! went to a muffler place around the corner got a whole system for $440 (with crome tip)- saved again

to top it all off they did not change the service window sticker - they did not write in the warranty book that was left on the seat.

So they not only missed out on making a large profit on fitting standard parts (because would of paid if they had fixed the waterpump) and not left me time to shop around. So one time was enough and I would never go back there again (like others now drive out of my way)

And for an industry that lives by the $$ made from their service department .... very poor form Power Ford Castle Hill...
Blue AU2 Fairmont Ghia - stock standard and staying that way (maybe)- Experience :eclipsee_ has shown " why spend heaps of money on a car :gren:- WHY NOT BUY ONE SECOND HAND (THAT SOMEBODY ELSE HAS SPENT the $$$$$) _ FOR 'A FRACTION OF THE PRICE'!!!
palah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #114
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well having re-read this thread it looks like I won't be going back to Power Ford then for servicing. Pity, they are just 3 minutes from home. Oh well looks like a short drive then out to Windsor to get the car serviced from now on.
Uncle_Ken :
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #115
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
<really long post>

cheers

flaminfiesta..
should have gone to Brad Garlick Ford at Top Ryde. bought pretty much all our Fords through there. havnt had any problems.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:56 AM   #116
JL
Ford Focus RS & FG F6

Glad to know that in the end you got it fixed mate.

Now just try and go to another dealer, if need be organise a beforehand a courtesy/loan car since you are going to travel further for service anyways.

I think you had actually gone through one of the most worst ordeals of car ownership, from the early stages of purchase to warranty service. But lets just appreciate for a moment the fixes that have FINALLY come through and move on to another dealer. :
JL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #117
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
should have gone to Brad Garlick Ford at Top Ryde. bought pretty much all our Fords through there. havnt had any problems.
I live 5mins from them and try not to go there for my services.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #118
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We see lots of threads like this one and a few go the other way as we tend not to praise good service just accept thats what we get, even exceptional service usually goes without word. I wonder if at any time there could be a section added for just these things complaints/praise. Of course it would need to have fairly strict rules precise in times days, responses if any,names of service personal, it wouldnt need to be an actual forum for members to voice their opinions just the person having the problems,his/her experience with the dealer how the problem was resolved if at all,threads/posts could be onsent to Ford and the dealer principle,posts could have a permanent EDIT button so that updates could be made. This forum has enough members now to start making a difference and if a dealer sees bad posts then maybe he will start making changes. Just a thought.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #119
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
I live 5mins from them and try not to go there for my services.
ill admit, their services have gotten progressively worse voer the years. but i deal with a lady in the fleet department and she sets me up good. :
Old 06-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #120
penrith_panther
EB II

so far my mum and my m8 haven't had probs with power ford service as yet...they both have falcons by the way...but hey for all we know they could be peeing on our cars behind our backs without us even knowing....i on the other hand have had serious problems with thomson ford parramatta....paid $680 for a "premium service" yet didn't tell me about the worn radiator cap, the pedal cover which came off (it was there b4 i gave it in), and the leaking brake master cylinder.....when i complained i was asked if i had the worn parts which they knew i didn't have...guess they thought they could play around with me since it was my first car ever.....i wouldn't mind going to a another mechanic but i would prefer to go to ford as their servicing seems a lot more comprehensive and i assume they use reccommended fluids and parts etc...hey there

i saw one of the quotes on the forums: "Rob and Fernando couldn't organize a **** up in a brewary if god helped them!
Their parts manager is also a rumour mill."

Are you talking about Fernando Pena @ Parramatta Thomson Ford? I hope you are because that guy played innocent with me when really he ****** me over bad...probably because i'm a teenager. I tried the whole complaining to fair trading thing but i just got a letter back saying the service manager claims to have done the job paid for and if i wanted to pursue the matter i would have to go through the small claims tribunal...i dont have the time and money to go through that crap...wish i did
penrith_panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post