Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #91
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: People saying cars are hard to sell

i have sold all my cars for a profit (on purchase price)
eg:
EB bought $5500 sold for $10500
AU1 XR8 ex cop car bought for $5300 from a dealer sold 1 year later for $6500
AU3 XR8 bought for $6000 sold for $7500 8 months later
AU2 wagon bought for $2000 sold for $2800 6 months later
VR wagon bought for $2000 sold for $2500 to same buyer bought back for $2000 sold for $2800
there is more as i have owned about 40 cars but now i know i'm going to lose money on my fiesta

point is i buy all my cars cheap and needing repairs or cleaning up as i love working on them and i think i have an idea on places to buy parts and get good deals
then when there is nothing else to fix that will gain a profit i sell it or i will modify but remove the mods before selling and sell parts separately.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #92
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Yamaha FZR600 has 95,000km on the clock and is on its second motor with about 40,000km. Almost everything has been replaced and as the bike has wanted to die and I don't believe anything on the bike has been on it since it was new in 1990.

That said when the time comes to upgrade or switch back to a car daily, an ad which states 95,000+ km on the ad will probably not sell for a number of months, and also probably sell for next to nothing

Oh balls
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #93
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol. WILDEB was worth more than $500. They weren't suckers. They seen a quality car. And bought it. And they were both more than happy with them.

The guy who bought my LTD is on AFF. And the guy who bought the EB nearly 12 months ago, still owns it. We talk every now and then.
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #94
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, very much so. Spotless VX commodore with 113,000 Ks full service history and over $1800 worth of new parts in the last year. New b/stones @$900, new bonnet struts, new rear shocks, 2 new key fobs, new headlining, front pads and just been serviced. This car has had always been garaged and looks like and drives like new.
Three weeks and no bites, until Saturday just gone. First looker and they like it. Nice couple and agree to take it to thier mech. for peace of mind tomorrow.
My guilty concience raises it ugly head and tonite I mention the fuel gauge is inaccurate after hitting the qtr mark (its only fault) .Oh well there goes a sale no doubt.
Geeze I hate selling privatly, and ask myself why do I bother putting so much time and money into keeping a car as nice and clean when the end result is someone hums and and has over a fuel gauge and only 25% more than a s/box at a dodgey dealer
The agreed price is way below Redbook value so we will see what happens .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #95
davistev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
Geeze I hate selling privatly, and ask myself why do I bother putting so much time and money into keeping a car as nice and clean when the end result is someone hums and and has over a fuel gauge and only 25% more than a s/box at a dodgey dealer
The agreed price is way below Redbook value so we will see what happens .
I hear you. I recently sold a 1994 Nissan Pulsar in almost perfect condition for $1500 - I could not believe it when one bloke compalined that the stereo did not have Bluetooth - I said "Mate - the car was made in 1994 - why would it have it?" The guy walked.

Some people want a new car for under $1,000 - it is frustrating when you change all the plugs, redo the brakes, machine the rotors, do all the filters, change the struts, replace the spare with a new tyre, get a better jack and then the buyer complains about a radio feature.
Old 15-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #96
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistev View Post
I hear you. I recently sold a 1994 Nissan Pulsar in almost perfect condition for $1500 - I could not believe it when one bloke compalined that the stereo did not have Bluetooth - I said "Mate - the car was made in 1994 - why would it have it?" The guy walked
I'm sorry but I find that amusing, plus the positive side is someone that stupid was without a car for one day longer, think of the lives you have saved.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: