Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #91
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEFGhia
Chronicle - The difference between Road Rules and Licence Conditions, you obey Licence Conditions first, Road Rules (Road Traffic Act) second.
who told you this, i never saw it in my license test.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #92
EFFalcon
Last warning

he's simply saying:
ur licence says to do 80 (NSW p's *LAW*)
vic road laws state 110 (VIC road *LAW*)
so whats the logical thing to do...... WHAT YOUR LICENCE SAYS! if u don't want to.. fine?!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #93
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
he's simply saying:
ur licence says to do 80 (NSW p's *LAW*)
vic road laws state 110 (VIC road *LAW*)
so whats the logical thing to do...... WHAT YOUR LICENCE SAYS! if u don't want to.. fine?!
i need confirmation, not what "somebody says" i'd be supprised if this applies to NSW P license holder in driving in Victoria
Old 18-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #94
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Also, what's the go with motorbike licences? Is motorbike P's 3 years or 1? Or is the 1 year just for fully licenced driver?
Hey Rob,

In NSW for a motorbike I know that once you hit 30 you go straight from your L's to unresrticted And you are not required to wait the 3 months between getting your L's and going for the pre provisional course. Once you pass that, then you just go in and pay, done deal.

I know this cos it's my goal for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #95
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

P1 New South Welshman and Welshwomen can actually do up to 90 km/h. It's the Learning population that are limited to 80 km/h.

I just rang up the RTA regarding this issue. Here is what I was told:

All licences, regardless of what state are entered into a national database. So say if a NSW P1 was doing 110 in Victoria and is caught doing so, the conditions of the licence state that the P1 can only do a maximum of 90 km/h according to the licence and the P1 driver is penalised accordingly.
Old 18-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #96
Psycho Chicken
Banned

The point isn't that fact they probably wouldn't be pulled over for doing 110 kph in Victoria, the point it is it's still illegal for them to be doing it.

Me doing 100 kph in NSW would be lawful and I'd certainly bitch if I got in trouble for it.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #97
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so ok i accept you're reasoning for the speed limit.

NOW back to my first egsample, say if i was a Vic P plater whose visiting freinds in Qld, they are too drunk to drive, so they ask you to drive, there is no place thats stocks P plates so technically you aren't allowed to drive without them. even if they are un available in this state. CRAZY
i like the "when in rome do as romans do" rule why don't the law makers agree to this?
Old 19-03-2005, 03:17 AM   #98
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Or caps just above the arm rest line with any car that has P plates - well, just about any. Most P platers I see have their seat back wound so far back that they are just about lying down while driving. P plates on these cars let everyone know that these people/"drivers" CAN'T SEE WHERE THEY'RE GOING and have little to no control over their car.

I know it's a generalisation, but have a look next time you are driving around, and see how many young people (whether or not they are displaying P plates) have the drivers seat wound down as far as it will go. These drivers are the most dangerous on the road, because they normally drive like dickheads, and the moment they get into trouble, they are in no position to correct their cars.

ahhh JC, mate, you had me in tears reading this....funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
I dont think anyones ever seen a P-plater do something stupid and thoguht "Oh its ok, hes still learning. Better luck nexst time pal "

We all know that everyone immediately thinks (or screams!) "BLUDY P-PLATERS!!!! LEARN TO DRIVE!!!

Hence, why you only remember the fully-sik seat-fully-back & cap-pointing-at-the-sky or teh stupid girls in Xcels swerving everywhere or the other numerous P-plater stereotypes.

What you fail to notice is the hundreds of P-platers you come across during the day that drive normally and safely.

My point: why dont the shit drivers just get pulled over for driving crap, instead of everyone getting pulled over for being born close to the same year as those other young drivers makin us look bad.
spot on, couldnt have put it better, so ill just quote ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi
Not all P platers are morons, yeah sure some are but you're putting the whole lot of them together, and that is unfair. Don't judge people because they display P plates.
why not, thats exactly what the govt. intend to do with their BS curfew laws.

Quote:
i trust my girlfriend P plater so much that i would have paid for the the cars repair had there been a problem. i hired the car i am 32 years old and probably no better driver than her(i am a fairly considerate and patient driver, but still a bit of a hoon), it was the kindest a rental car had been driven i reckon(when she drove it)
thats fair enough mate, but, no matter how good a driver you are, other people can always smash into you, and if the conditions of the insurance on the rental car state that no p plater is allowed to drive it, then you're shit out of luck.

I'm on my p's...i drive a shiny red car, thats lowered has tinted windows a set of shiny wheels etc....p plates displayed and have NEVER been pulled over, EVER.

my brother was pulled over in his car ages ago, and was fined for not displaying p plates, when he had the front 1 clearly displayed, and the rear was on the parcel shelf, where it had CLEARLY fallen off. the cop fined him like $80, and im sure there was probably demerit points as well. which is absolute BS...obviously a tight *** cop, if the plate had fallen off and the other 1 was displayed clearly.

also, on the SA to VIC licensing stuff.....if you come to VIC with an SA license, you can keep it for 3 months, then if you aren't 18, you wont be able to have your p's in victoria anymore.....there are some loopholes to get it extended for a further 3 months, but i can't remember what they are exactly.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 08:09 AM   #99
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
opened pandoras box with this thread,
i think chronical is right, if a P plater from NSW was diong 80km/h on say calder highway in the 110 Zone who in Victoria would understand why, they'd be tooting and swerving and wondering whats the problem(i'd never heard of doing a max speed of 80kmh. i've had my license for 12 yearsin Vic and in that time we never had this. i think it did apply earlier though)
if i was a Vic P plater driving in NSW i'd definately be doing 100 in the 100 Zone, cos once again how should we victorians be expected to know that stupid law.
obviously vic roads dont know the answer either. thats why they give their contradicting answer.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING WHERE I AM COMING, THANK YOYU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. :
Old 19-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #100
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEFGhia
Chronicle - The difference between Road Rules and Licence Conditions, you obey Licence Conditions first, Road Rules (Road Traffic Act) second.
I can't beleive you posted that. That makes absolutely no sense.
Old 19-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #101
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
P1 New South Welshman and Welshwomen can actually do up to 90 km/h. It's the Learning population that are limited to 80 km/h.

I just rang up the RTA regarding this issue. Here is what I was told:

All licences, regardless of what state are entered into a national database. So say if a NSW P1 was doing 110 in Victoria and is caught doing so, the conditions of the licence state that the P1 can only do a maximum of 90 km/h according to the licence and the P1 driver is penalised accordingly.
BUT, why would you be caught doing 110 in a 110 zone in Victoria? How are Vic Police going to prosecute you for a law that doesn't exist in their State? (the 90k limit I mean)
Old 19-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #102
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
so ok i accept you're reasoning for the speed limit.

NOW back to my first egsample, say if i was a Vic P plater whose visiting freinds in Qld, they are too drunk to drive, so they ask you to drive, there is no place thats stocks P plates so technically you aren't allowed to drive without them. even if they are un available in this state. CRAZY
i like the "when in rome do as romans do" rule why don't the law makers agree to this?
It is real simple, you drive the car.

Why because THEIR law says nothing about P Plates, so how can they book you for it?

People are going on about licence conditions, I can assure you that QLD Police don't have access to your finer details, and as I have said before how can they book you for a breaking a law that doesn't exist under their Statute?
Old 19-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #103
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Oh my god. I give up. Half of you obviously have no idea, go ahead, go and break the Licence conditions and end up getting a huge fine. I mean, to me it doesnt matter because I do not have a Provisional Drivers Licence, but to all of those that do, feel free to risk it, but I know, if you were to drive in SA on NSW P's and you go past some of our highway cops in a NSW rego-ed car with P plates, you WILL get pulled over, and you will get fined.

Chronicle - How does it make no sense?! You are proposing that you forget about the conditions imposed on you in the state of your licence issue when you cross over into another state? Thats totally ridiculous. Regardless of how "annoyed/frustrated" other drivers are because you are doing the RIGHT THING (NSW P plater doin 90 in 110 zones in Vic), it doesn't excuse you from breaking your P's conditions. Again, it would be the same as you saying anyone under 18 on P's from any state can't drive in Victoria, you can't agree on one point and disagree on another when it is all the same thing!

They can still book you for breach of Provisional/Probationary conditions, every state has that statute. It just comes back to common sense. If you want to push the law and drive contrary to the conditions of your licence, go for it. But I know what I'd be doing....
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #104
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Oh and just to add - You condricted your point again Chronicle - What Deankdx said was basically "If I drive interstate, I will drive to my conditions (ie: 100 in 100 zone when in P's) but if you drive in my state (Victoria) you drive to my conditions again (NSW 90km/h limited P plater doin 110 in Victorian zones). So what you are saying makes about no sense.
Old 19-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #105
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle
BUT, why would you be caught doing 110 in a 110 zone in Victoria? How are Vic Police going to prosecute you for a law that doesn't exist in their State? (the 90k limit I mean)
They aren't going to prosecute you for breaking the road rules, they are going to prosecute you for breaking your licence conditions, the exact same way you would for someone driving a manual on an auto licence, driving above the power to weight ratio on p-plates, etc, etc, etc.

A speed restrictions on NSW p-plates are just like power restrictions on Victorian p-plates. They have nothing to do with road rules, they are licence conditions.

If you can't see that....I'll join Chris in giving up.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #106
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
I can't beleive you posted that. That makes absolutely no sense.
That actually makes a lot of sense.
Old 19-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #107
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
That actually makes a lot of sense.
agreed, i understood it straight away.
only way i can see that you wouldn't understand, is if it was PROVING YOU WRONG.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #108
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Glad to see some people's brains are working today...
Old 19-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #109
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LoL, who really cares???

What are the chances of a NSW p-plater driving in vic, being pulled up and fined for breaking their liscence conditions.... about the same as a tasmanian being arrested for marrying their sister, lol.
Old 19-03-2005, 07:12 PM   #110
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
They aren't going to prosecute you for breaking the road rules, they are going to prosecute you for breaking your licence conditions,
HOW DO THEY KNOW YOUR LICENCE CONDTIONS????????
Quote:
the exact same way you would for someone driving a manual on an auto licence, driving above the power to weight ratio on p-plates, etc, etc, etc.

A speed restrictions on NSW p-plates are just like power restrictions on Victorian p-plates. They have nothing to do with road rules, they are licence conditions.

If you can't see that....I'll join Chris in giving up.
Old 19-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #111
Dez
Banned

when they pull you over and see that your license is from whichever state, they will know what conditions your license is given to you under.

chronicle, i think you are missing what they are trying to tell you....

they aren't saying, you WILL get caught, they are simply saying, that it IS breaking the law. you'd be pretty stiff if you got caught, but the cop would be within his rights to book you.
Old 19-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #112
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for god's sake we do NOT have a National system!!!!

How are the Police going to know your licence condtions?????

Bye, bye this is all from me on this subject, but as a parting gesture on this subject, ask a Policeman if they will/can book you for breaking your licence condtions if you are from another State, unless of course it is for glasses or some such thing.

Please post the answer I will read on regardless.
Old 19-03-2005, 07:17 PM   #113
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
when they pull you over and see that your license is from whichever state, they will know what conditions your license is given to you under.
HOW. they don't have access to Interstate databases, they have enough law to worry about in Victoria, without having to learn the law from 6 other States and 2 Territory's

Quote:
chronicle, i think you are missing what they are trying to tell you....

they aren't saying, you WILL get caught, they are simply saying, that it IS breaking the law. you'd be pretty stiff if you got caught, but the cop would be within his rights to book you.
I worked closely with Vicroads for near on 7 years and I can tell you Police don't know what your licence condtions are if you are from Interstate, they are Victorian Police not Federal Police.

Last edited by Trevor 57; 19-03-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #114
Dez
Banned

you are assuming that every police officer in every state is totally ignorant on other states laws...

they are people like us, and we know laws in different states dont we...

they are in a position to enforce them if they get the chance, and if they want to do it....
Old 19-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #115
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bye, Bye!!!! (ps Dez, reread my post above yourt last, I have modified it while you posted) Bye!
Old 19-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #116
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
you are assuming that every police officer in every state is totally ignorant on other states laws...

they are people like us, and we know laws in different states dont we...

they are in a position to enforce them if they get the chance, and if they want to do it....
PS, even if they did know, they don't have to Statute to book you. Bye again. Please leave me alone. :

Last edited by Trevor 57; 19-03-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #117
Dez
Banned

lol bye bye

again, you are assuming that every member of the police force in australia has no idea about other state laws.

im 19, and even i know some of them....its general knowledge for some people.

if you get pulled over, and are asked for your license, do you think they cant read the state its from?
Old 19-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #118
Dez
Banned

Quote:
PS, even if they did know, they don't have to Statute to book you. Bye again. Please leave me alone. :
I thought u weren't posting anymore

hard to resist, isn't it
Old 19-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #119
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
lol bye bye

again, you are assuming that every member of the police force in australia has no idea about other state laws.

im 19, and even i know some of them....its general knowledge for some people.

if you get pulled over, and are asked for your license, do you think they cant read the state its from?
I can roughly guess that Policeman WOULD be able to read what State it is from, but they can't read all the law that goes with that licence on the little bit of plastic. I don't think their eyes are that good.

This reminds me of that joke:

"have you ever seen an idiot wrapped up in plastic Dez"

"no" says Dez

"then look at your driver licence Dez" says Chronicle.

Old 19-03-2005, 07:59 PM   #120
Dez
Banned

Quote:
I can roughly guess that Policeman WOULD be able to read what State it is from, but they can't read all the law that goes with that licence on the little bit of plastic. I don't think their eyes are that good.

This reminds me of that joke:

"have you ever seen an idiot wrapped up in plastic Dez"

"no" says Dez

"then look at your driver licence Dez" says Chronicle.

hilarious......

im not a cop, and i know laws in some other states. thats what i was saying to you.....