Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #12451
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissgrace
Dealers and Ford making it not worth it. I went into my dealer to demand a delivery date and they tried to hike the price by 7 grand! Hrs of negotiation I finally got my confirmed car and date, but I was within a whisker of walking away.

Despite what I posted earlier I wore the 1k price wise but even then the dealer tried to say the hike was $1500.

I understand that dealers need to make a profit on an in demand car but you have to honour the origin deal. If others are having my experience it's no wonder people are walking away.
I believe in the US, that customers can ask for and view the manufacturers invoice for the specific vehicle, being the price of the vehicle from the manufacturer to the dealer. Aka what the dealer is paying for that specific car (including any factory deals). From this you can negotiate a purchase price that the dealer is happy with (they get their piece) and the customer is happy with.

Can't help but think this may go a little way to making obvious and stamping out some of the dealer profiteering (or belief that some are). But more importantly, make the whole process transparent so there is more clarity for the potential purchaser.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok

Last edited by Grunter; 25-02-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #12452
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
I believe in the US, that customers can ask for and view the manufacturers invoice for the specific vehicle, being the price of the vehicle from the manufacturer to the dealer. Aka what the dealer is paying for that specific car (including any factory deals). From this you can negotiate a purchase price that the dealer is happy with (they get their piece) and the customer is happy with.

Can't help but think this may go a little way to making obvious and stamping out some of the dealer profiteering (or belief that some are). But more importantly, make the whole process transparent so there is more clarity for the potential purchaser.
In America they can add a dealer fee to the invoice that they advertise, for example if they have a rare car or a car they don't want to sell, they legally have to display the price list, but can advertise as they like.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #12453
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Its the only speaker that amplified. So it does make sense.
Yep, same for me. None of the other speakers have it. Not a big deal, I can only hear it with the car off and stereo on, but still not great.
Old 25-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #12454
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Yep, same for me. None of the other speakers have it. Not a big deal, I can only hear it with the car off and stereo on, but still not great.
So its improved on the FG2.

The amp and sub are global parts so if this shows up on other cars it could be them.

I suspect that it would be the audio unit in the ICC that's getting amplified.
Or the power and signal are running down the same side of the of the car.
Old 25-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #12455
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
So glad to hear I'm not the only one with this. Noticed it the day I picked the car up and have been concerned about since. Can really only be noticed when the car is off or the volume is down.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #12456
Mainforcepatrol

Had seen an XR8 for the first time this afternoon on the Melton Hwy near Watergardens.I just caught sight of it late turning at an intersection and with the setting sun it looked like it was in Vanish.Definately looks better in real life.

Last edited by Mainforcepatrol; 25-02-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Grammar
Mainforcepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2015, 12:13 AM   #12457
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

double post

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 26-02-2015 at 12:14 AM. Reason: double post
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2015, 12:14 AM   #12458
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw the first fgx on the road in Newcastle today, a white police car with usual striping travelling along the beach at Merewether- looked like the G6e.

Looked much smaller than the fg falcons- must be the shape of the narrowing in front end or something....

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 26-02-2015, 12:43 AM   #12459
Falco GT51
Blue Blood

Got my final quote on my new ute today woot woot! FG X XR6T, Black, auto, lux pack drive away 43678k. Ready in 12 weeks
2005 BA GT Mll #0697.
1979 XD 5.8 X Pursuit
2015 FGX XR8

Powered by FORD
Falco GT51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #12460
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

3 months for a turbo? Wow. Enjoy it when it arrives either way!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #12461
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
3 months for a turbo? Wow. Enjoy it when it arrives either way!
There is a rumour that they are behind on confirmed orders. Also it doesn't help when they make SFA ute now.
Old 26-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #12462
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

DIY FG-X

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #12463
PTR_NITRO_FG
Boost Cruiser

Thats awesome!!!! I'm assuming you have more details in your build thread?
I gotta read that thing again....started at the beginning....then your thread became real popular and never kept up with the reading :P

You going to do the front as well? Thats the most important part for me....except just realised you have the panda eyes, so maybe not
PTR_NITRO_FG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #12464
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTR_NITRO_FG View Post
Thats awesome!!!! I'm assuming you have more details in your build thread?
I gotta read that thing again....started at the beginning....then your thread became real popular and never kept up with the reading :P

You going to do the front as well? Thats the most important part for me....except just realised you have the panda eyes, so maybe not
Hahaha thanks mate. Most of the posts were (and still are) me drinking scotch and sharing my drunken ramblings- you probably haven't missed much!

But, no, not the front. Something far more elusive and as rear an unicorn poo- the genuine GT Black Concept bar from the 2011 MMS GT.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #12465
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

This is at Clipsal500 for what they call the "Clipsal Challenge" where they pit 2 race car drivers against each other in the main straight weaving in and out of cones and doing donuts, what's funniest is that the Holden they've chosen to run against it is a bloody HSV GTS hahahahahahahahahaha

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #12466
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
This is at Clipsal500 for what they call the "Clipsal Challenge" where they pit 2 race car drivers against each other in the main straight weaving in and out of cones and doing donuts, what's funniest is that the Holden they've chosen to run against it is a bloody HSV GTS hahahahahahahahahaha
Kinda makes sense, our best vs their best, just happens to be 40k difference in price...........
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #12467
Carrion

Long time reader first time poster.

Thought I would get a little sister for my DF LTD for her 20th birthday so I went down to local Ford dealer and put a deposit on a new XR8 Falcon.

Looks like the price and delivery time keep increasing. My drive away price is now $60,867.00 and exactly 12 months for delivery. It takes less time to build a bloody Bugatti. WTF?

Not all bad, will have a Falcon built in the final year of production.

“She’ll be the last of the V8`s”.

“Shut the gate on this one Maxy, she’s the ducks guts”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDLeo4lcCg

Regards,
Bill
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #12468
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only FGX I have seen in Newcastle, the driver obviously having a swim on work time in the rockpool below.....

Last edited by asagaai; 01-05-2015 at 11:56 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-02-2015, 05:53 AM   #12469
timeout

did a 5 year old design that clipsal bonnet vinyl.
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #12470
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Remember seeing the 'VB Challenge' at Bathurst - same deal. In 2004 it was Marcus vs Skaife, with celebrities as passengers, continual wheelspin and roaring exhausts - BA XR8 vs VZ SS. Steve Waugh was in the front of one of the cars. Great to watch at 8:00am with a cold tinnie...

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #12471
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Remember seeing the 'VB Challenge' at Bathurst - same deal. In 2004 it was Marcus vs Skaife, with celebrities as passengers, continual wheelspin and roaring exhausts - BA XR8 vs VZ SS. Steve Waugh was in the front of one of the cars. Great to watch at 8:00am with a cold tinnie...
Yep, that's it, Murphy was doing it a couple years ago.....cheated everytime by missing "a few" cones

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
Old 28-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #12472
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
How come so many order cancelations? You guys all hanging for a mustang or ****ed at the excessive waits?

Cheers Ryan
Cancelled our XR8 order yesterday..............wait time being pushed back was not to my liking.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #12473
Sioso
irregular member

Finally saw my first FGX on the road today, silver XR6 cab chassis, certainly looked weird with the new front end and alloy tray on the back.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #12474
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I saw a blue one

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #12475
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

About 10mm from scuffing the rim too.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #12476
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Round 1 today, Reynolds & XR8 1, Murphy & GTS 0 hehe

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
2 users like this post:
Old 28-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #12477
Cymrucaveman

Quote:
Round 1 today, Reynolds & XR8 1, Murphy & GTS 0 hehe
i sure would have liked to see that one! Wasn't on tv was it?
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #12478
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I saw what I think was a g series on the other. Side of the highway, around brissty it's the first I have seen. Looked great for what I saw....it makes me think how fricken criminal it's going to be having no G8E in the FGX
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #12479
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
About 10mm from scuffing the rim too.
Worth the risk imo, Perth drivers dent other peoples doors like its their god given right.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #12480
335JET
@jas_23_

Kinetic looks awesome in low light.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post