Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #121
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Its like we are all living as One.... personally stupid choice.. but hey if it blows his skirt than i say good on him.....

But let me ask you this. If he wanted to join a club would it be a holden club or a ford club??? supposing there where no mixed clubs around.
I would say a Ford club, since the car itself is a Ford.

It would be like me joining a Holden club or a Nissan club. I would choose the Holden club, despite having a Nissan motor, because my car isn't a Nissan.

Same motive for this guy too, I suppose.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 02:50 PM   #122
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Which is interesting because with the LS1 bore, 3.897", and the stroke, 3.622" you get 345.6 ci. That's 346.

Two short planks. As in, thick as.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #123
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
as much as I hate to say it, they sound tough as.
Gen 3 is widely condemed for their thong clap fart sound due to unusual firing order, they're the worst sounding V8 bar none.

Old 27-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #124
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Whilst the piston displacement is 346 cubes, most LS1's bore x stroke dimensions calculate to 350 cubes. The remaining 4 cubes is made up of piston slap (oops clearance) and the outer piston oil gallery!
Quote:
Which is interesting because with the LS1 bore, 3.897", and the stroke, 3.622" you get 345.6 ci. That's 346.
steffo did you not get the joke? he says that the ls1 = 346ci... and the extra 4ci is due to piston slap... see hes taking a stab at the ls1 for being s**t. hope that cleared it up for you...
aimzes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #125
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
steffo did you not get the joke? he says that the ls1 = 346ci... and the extra 4ci is due to piston slap... see hes taking a stab at the ls1 for being s**t. hope that cleared it up for you...
Thats what happens when you sniff too much LPG :
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #126
DailyDriver

Nothing wrong with the LS1, it's an awesome engine. When you open it up, it can move mountains. Better engine than 95% of cars on the road.

I've driven the XR6T, and though the torque is excellent my SS felt faster. Maybe I'm just biased

All Go.......VXSS.....380bhp

All Show...2001 AU2 SR...210bhp...SOLD!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #127
protd
TUFF FORDS

u do realise that the ls1 was shipped to aust because it was such a crap motor tha yanks palmed them of to us as to get rid of there stockpile
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #128
351ciofgrunt
Go Hard or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriver
Nothing wrong with the LS1, it's an awesome engine. When you open it up, it can move mountains. Better engine than 95% of cars on the road.

I've driven the XR6T, and though the torque is excellent my SS felt faster. Maybe I'm just biased

I hope you realise that there are holden forums out there? :nutsycuck

maybe you should look one up?
351ciofgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #129
Lumpen Proletariat

I don't really get the fuss, I get sick of reading all these magazines packed full of the same XY Falcon 500's with 351's and GT stripes. I don't mind the cars at all, but to see them every month, page after page. It wears kind of thin.

As a matter of interest where does the A.C Cobra sit in all of this? After all it was a (British) AC Ace chassis packed full of apparently heretic Windsor goodness? or a Jensen Interceptor? or that Rolls Royce Merlin powered Chev? They're all examples of thinking outside a square for different reasons. The Cobra for racing, the interceptor for power and the Merlin Chev for jaw dropping showability. Does that make THESE car's any less deserving?

The guy has done something different because he actually sat down and thought about it, not followed the accepted way of modifying an XY, it's probably safe to say that he considered the options, advantages and disadvantages far more than some 25 y.o who just bought a 200ci powered XY Futura and wants to slot a 500hp, 600lb Cleveland in it, paint it candy apple red and call it a GT.

Cheers,
Brendan

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #130
351ciofgrunt
Go Hard or Go Home

I'd rather have a Ford 200ci powered XY than a LS1 powered XY
351ciofgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #131
protd
TUFF FORDS

the cobra was fitted with the ford gear straight from a factory not driven for 30 yrs b4 some one decided on the swap.. if he did it to b different well thats his choice its his car but a chev in a xy thats just not right.. we're all allowed a apinion he likes it and i think most people in this thread will agree when i say i think its a poxy idea that no good will ever come from..
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #132
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpen Proletariat
The guy has done something different because he actually sat down and thought about it, not followed the accepted way of modifying an XY,
Yeah an XY GT replica, that's different ?
That engine would suit a full custom car, not anything to do with a GT.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #133
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 27-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #134
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats a pretty rad ute. The whole 'Unspoken Rule' thing is very hard to pull off, if its down well like that ute and the XY and is justified, then it deserves respect In my opinion. If its just change for the sake of it then it is sickening.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #135
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, not a fan at all, but each to their own, at least they didnt do it to a xabc coupe. XY people wont like it
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #136
COTTIES 69wgn
R.I.P Peter Brock

Im pretty old fashioned i geuse when it comes to cars i like to see a xr with xr gear on and in it like a 289 and with xt with a 302, just the way i am if its an xw i wont put xy gt stripes, i like to see em in there era not mixed up.(mind you i like efi in old cars too)
FORD an holden are enemies he wont get much respect from anyone, but each to there own, Just imagine if he put a rice engine in an aussie car... OOOPS holden allready did VL :
COTTIES 69wgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 12:31 AM   #137
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

Its GAY.....big deal its a good engine... NICe car nice engine .. but together no good
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #138
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
Oops. My bad. Apologies. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Thats what happens when you sniff too much LPG :
Hahaha! I should lay off the BBQ fuel a bit eh? :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #139
xytoolbox
Starter Motor

Whats next a XY ute with a rotary,if he likes the red oil burner just get one,however you now own a XY worth about half it was originally.The rod boys say you can mix chev and ford,but a gen111 is about as close to chev as a datsun is to a nissan skyline. Its all yours and probably will be for a long time and if costs are the problem catch the bus.
xytoolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post