Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #121
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
I was hoping the sticker will be a plain white vinyl cut out as per normal, anything that's a solid blockout like above no offence, wont be going on my car.

Adrenaline: Can you make the OZ bigger no line underneath and extend the E to be part of the line and it still run accross the bottom of the words. that make sense

P.S. I think we need a tag line so people know its about 88-98 fords and NOT just a cruise club like VSS or something.
Here's the lighter version next to the black version. I prefer it in black myself, as the colours go together nicely. The white version is a 5 minute modification of the black version. I'd have to maybe change the colours to have it looking nice like the black one.

Old 13-11-2007, 08:12 AM   #122
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Don't forget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
With the launch of the OzE Cruisers club, we need to establish ourselves a clear brand identity.
What better way to do this then to run a competition to come up with the best designs possible.

So what will we want / need???
In terms of design freedom the sky is the limit really, however you should keep the following things in mind.
- Design must include the club name. ie Ozecruisers.
- Design may also include (doesn't have to) club "Tagline"
- Colours to be blue and white (actual shading will be the entrants decision)

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 13-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #123
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Isn't ther black background just for show?

Like attaching the Adrenaline logo to a white flag, black flag etc

If it was a sticker the background would be the window of your car?

Quote:
Adrenaline: Can you make the OZ bigger no line underneath and extend the E to be part of the line and it still run accross the bottom of the words. that make sense
Would like to see this

You mean the bottom line is kind of like this but the bottom of the E is joined to the botom line, the OZ is slightly bigger to line up and the rest of it the same as the preivoius pics eg the top of the S has the line which goes over .com.au?
OZ ECRUSIERS.com.au

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 13-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #124
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I am saying it has to be 1 colour of blue (the exact hue/shade is up to the designer) and the rest should be white thats the rules of the design.
So not the grey and 2 shades of blue as currently Adrenaline has.

YES
Quote:
You mean the bottom line is kind of like this but the bottom of the E is joined to the botom line, the OZ is slightly bigger to line up and the rest of it the same as the preivoius pics eg the top of the S has the line which goes over .com.au?
OZ ECRUSIERS.com.au

Old 13-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #125
Josh L
Laser Driver?

I personally took the design outlines as a guide... not as law. If design outlines were taken as law all the time, we would live in an EXTREMELY boring world. Just my 2 cents anyway.
Old 13-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #126
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L
I personally took the design outlines as a guide... not as law. If design outlines were taken as law all the time, we would live in an EXTREMELY boring world. Just my 2 cents anyway.
The Club Constitution, which I assume alot of people have read
Quote:
1. NAME
1.1 To be called the Oz E Cruisers. (Inc)
1.2 Club colours to be dark blue and white.
The blue is being allowed to be set by the designer, but it does say 2 colours.

Old 13-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #127
Josh L
Laser Driver?

Oh... I must admit I haven't read the constitution thoroughly. I should've read it more thoroughly. Is all good I'll come up with some other designs... Sorry

Josh.
Old 13-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #128
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Its ok, I think alot of people missed it, myself included looking at some of my desgins

Old 13-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #129
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:

Old 13-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #130
Josh L
Laser Driver?

That looks cool Adrenaline. I really like the one in the oval.
Old 13-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #131
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I like that with the oval, simple, easy to see and read.

I still say we need a tag line like "88'-98' Fords" or something.

Old 13-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #132
Dave R

Quote:
I like that with the oval, simple, easy to see and read.

I still say we need a tag line like "88'-98' Fords" or something.
Here's one with a tag line. It might look better with different text, maybe Ford script.

Old 13-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #133
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

add some white in there for the Oz and the .com.au, change the background to black to mimic it being transparent and you've got a winner

Old 13-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #134
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
add some white in there for the Oz and the .com.au, change the background to black to mimic it being transparent and you've got a winner
Old 13-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #135
Dave R

Here's the version with the spaced tag line, which I forgot to change on the sticker in my last post.

Old 13-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #136
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I am not really sure that the 88 - 98 fords really works, as it introduces the club as being open to ALL models....lasers / Corsairs / Telstars etc etc...
are there any other logo designs that people are working on???
Old 13-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #137
Dave R

Quote:
I am not really sure that the 88 - 98 fords really works, as it introduces the club as being open to ALL models....lasers / Corsairs / Telstars etc etc...
I had concerns as well, but since there is no official tag line that I know of, it's just for show so you can visualise what a tag line would look like.
Old 13-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #138
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Was hoping that this thread / comp would do more then just visualise a tagline. We need to come up with a club identity that all members can call their own. (ie logo design / tagline the whole deal.)
Old 13-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #139
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
I dont see that has a problem as the constitution and bylaws prohibit them from joining as full members, they are welcome as associates if they wish though. Worst case they join AFF isnt that a good thing.

Last edited by EA2BA; 13-11-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 13-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #140
wulos
Forum Director

The whole idea of a club logo / tagline is to make a statement about the club, and what to expect.
Whilst the constitution / bylaws clearly state what vehicles are eligible for full membership, wouldn't it be handy to have that up front from the second interested persons lay eyes on it, rather then having to explain that the club logo isn't as clear / concise as it probably could have been. ie The logo says 88 - 98 Fords, why can't I join with my Meteor??? It's a 1990 model you know....
Personally I think that there are better options available (The '88 - '98 Fords simply does not say enough imho). It is entirely possible that the best option hasn't even been aired as yet.
Old 13-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #141
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

hope you dont mind adrenaline I pinched yours :P

Old 13-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #142
Dave R

OzECruisers sticker entry, version 986423 :P

Here's the new tag line font in full zoom:

Old 14-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #143
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
hope you dont mind adrenaline I pinched yours :P

I like this, but make it just E/N/D SERIES FORD CLUB

and just FORDFORUMS.COM.AU

should make it less busy, possibly also have the writing follow the contour of the oval as well.

The single blue and the white work very well together, we might have to request an amendment to the constitution to say "on a black background" if this one wins.

Old 14-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #144
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I like this, but make it just E/N/D SERIES FORD CLUB

and just FORDFORUMS.COM.AU

should make it less busy, possibly also have the writing follow the contour of the oval as well.

The single blue and the white work very well together, we might have to request an amendment to the constitution to say "on a black background" if this one wins.
I personally like the sticker with the E,N,D s it reads better, and with the www.fordforums.com.au part it is good to have the www. as the ozecruisers.com.au have already dropped off the www. therefore it makes it look a little tidier.
I like the straight line personally rather than following the line of the oval (considering it is in the oval - if it was outside the oval then you would want it to follow).

That is right up there with one of my favourites so far
Well done everyone that is giving it a go, you are all doing a fab job !
Old 14-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #145
theboss290
FPV GT

Has this club got two names??

is it the E,N,D club or OZECRUISERS club ??

you have three different names in that sticker. follow KISS method less is best.

I think post #132 is on the money.
Old 14-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #146
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline

This looks good. There might be a problem with the flattened height of the text reading it stuck on a rear window from a car behind. It will appear even flatter. Get where I'm coming from? For example, road markings are exaggerated vertically so that when viewed from a low angle appear easy to read. Hope that helps a little.

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
Old 14-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #147
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

Quote:

Looking good!!! Keep at them guys.But when the times come how are we wver going to decide on just one.lol.
Old 14-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #148
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Very nice!

Make it a clear background and it would work well on all models.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 14-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #149
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290
follow KISS method less is best.
I think post #132 is on the money.
Exactly. There can't be too much on there. It could also get confusing for people reading a sticker that has 2 different websites on it. All it needs is the name/site and a tag line without being too cluttered.

Old 14-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #150
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

what image programs are you all using? it seems my adobe photoshop CS3 has expired !!! and adobe photoshop 7 is too old to do stuff on!
Closed Thread