Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #121
angelwithinvisiblewings
Very happy BA XR8 owner

Thankyou so much for this thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have come home each night after school just to read all your little pearls of wisdom.

The police do their job and most do it well. There are not enough resources or smart thinking people for them to do all that we want them to do....for those who are so concerned maybe you could consider getting into uniform yourself and going out there to see what it is like.

My hubby is a police radio operator and I thank god he is on that side of the job because with the stories he come home with...mate the boys and girls in blue certainly earn their money.

For anyone who wants to whinge about what they do I say why don't you go out there and do a better job!

Last edited by angelwithinvisiblewings; 19-10-2006 at 07:58 PM.
angelwithinvisiblewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #122
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwithinvisiblewings
Thankyou so much for this thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have come home each night after school just to read all your little pearls of wisdom.

The police do their job and most do it well. There are not enough resources or smart thinking people for them to do all that we want them to do....for those who are so concerned maybe you could consider getting into uniform yourself and going out there to see what it is like.

My hubby is a police radio operator and I thank god he is on that side of the job because with the stories he come home with...mate the blues in blue certainly earn their money.

For anyone who wants to whinge about what they do I say why don't you go out there and do a better job!
Old 19-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #123
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwithinvisiblewings

My hubby is a police radio operator and I thank god he is on that side of the job because with the stories he come home with...mate the boys and girls in blue certainly earn their money.

Come on,people have a right to have there say about it,right or wrong..
We live a very over regulated life these days,and I think youll find thats where most of the frustration comes from.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #124
angelwithinvisiblewings
Very happy BA XR8 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
We live a very over regulated life these days,and I think youll find thats where most of the frustration comes from.

Yep totally agree...you make a fair point, but I also think that people need to stop bagging them without really knowing what's going on and what they are trying to do...besides thought I might through a little free recruitment advertising around just for sh*ts and giggles.

Look the same goes for people who whinge about teachers without knowing what they do...how hard they work...the philosophies/reasons behind what they are doing. Do the job then you'll get it.

And any other job for that matter.
Old 19-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #125
Cam
Stroking it...

[QUOTE=angelwithinvisiblewings]Look the same goes for people who whinge about teachers without knowing what they do...how hard they work...the philosophies/reasons behind what they are doing. Do the job then you'll get it.QUOTE]
I agree, i could've become a year 12 teacher without even passing year 11 myself......
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #126
angelwithinvisiblewings
Very happy BA XR8 owner

Call me dumb but not sure what you mean by that ;)
Old 19-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #127
jcxr
Tribal Elder

I hate bluddy taxies
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #128
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've seen cops driving around in a lowered merc with a sports exhaust and personalised plates. also seen a speed camera in front of a vl calais with p plates on it.
castek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #129
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I think too may people are worried about their rights in society and not enough about their responsibilities.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #130
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

thats absolute bulls h i t!! what would you call that...misleading etc. what if someone tries to call over the taxi and they dont pull up because its not even a taxi!
iv always wondered why the hell dont they use older cars for undercover pursuit cars. no one would be expecting a fully worked under the hood XE Falcon to be an undercover copper!
Old 20-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #131
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfords-dot-org

They'd be better off buying civics, chucking on a huge kit, a cannon, and trying to get people to race... Probably cheaper too...

Cam
Wouldn't be able to keep up with whatever its racing.
Old 20-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #132
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Have seen on several occasions a black VZ clubsport trying to drag unsuspecting hoons on Princess Hwy near Westall Rd. I didn't take notice of it until the lights started flashing!!!
call it what you will, i call it entrapment... but eh it goes like this 'Yes officer, No officer, have a nice night officer'... what can you do?!!!
Old 20-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #133
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

geeez cops will go to any lengths
Old 20-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #134
angelwithinvisiblewings
Very happy BA XR8 owner

Spoke to hubby about it this morning asking if he knew anything...cause where he works covers that area and beyond. He said it was a load of bollocks. He said they have enough cars marked and unmarked so why would they use taxis...when essentially using a taxi is the same a using an unmarked car.

He suggested they may have been doing undercover work. However I said so why the hell would they be in uniform.

He then said (now don't shoot the messenger) that he thought the guy was seeing things and it was a load of crap (sorry).

Also if this were the case all the bloody talk back radio shows would have got a hold of it and it would be all over the news.