Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #121
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The topic seems about done........
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #122
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I really would like to hear some ideas on the size and specs of the S/C, intercooled, boost levels, other specs with the package etc.
Old 17-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #123
burnz
VFII SS UTE

so what do we know!!

alloy, 5000cc displacement.
blown,...type. screw?, roots??, vane???
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #124
mntxr
Jamie is the name

people may know this already but my boss is good mates with the fpv boss and what i was told by him today that there is 5 fg fpv gt sedans running around cambelfeild with the new full alloy 5.4 with supercharger to be released in a fg as a gt ho
Old 17-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #125
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The topic seems about done........
5.4 SC GTHO.. hmm.. I think you're right Nick!!

Old 17-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #126
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
A diesel!!!!! : : : :
Lucky you didn't say LPG........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #127
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Lucky you didn't say LPG........

LPG is not a dumb idea but that is the subject of 1001 other threads and we all know your view :
Old 18-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #128
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

There is definantly going to be a 5.0 Ltr supercharged FPV. Wish I could say more but sorry I can't.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #129
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
There is definantly going to be a 5.0 Ltr supercharged FPV. Wish I could say more but sorry I can't.
Yes say any more and I'll give you your marching orders. :voldar02:
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #130
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LPG is not a dumb idea but that is the subject of 1001 other threads and we all know your view :
Having actually owned a FPV vehicle that required a rare (at the time, 95RON) fuel with no real option (BA GT-P MK1 with no knock sensors for ULP) and actually having run out of fuel several times (kakadu, monto, taroom etc) and having had to resort to the 20l jerrycan to be carried in the boot, I have no faith in any vehicle that requires something that may not be available where I want to go.

Dual fuel would not be an issue but then why would I care for the relatively minor savings made.
If I lived in a city and just drove around the 'burbs with the occaisional trip along a major highway it would also not be an issue.

So my view on LPG is pragmatic, I don't care how superwonderful it is, until it is available everywhere it is of little use.

P.S. If I had known that the GT-P could not run on anything but PULP at the time I probably would not have bought it. I got lied to by the sales guys....

P.P.S. I had a whinge to the FPV engineering team I met at Tennant Ck (Oct 2003) about the fuel problem and they stated that they were not aware that 95RON was rare in the bush. The MK2 has knock sensors.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #131
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Having actually owned a FPV vehicle that required a rare (at the time, 95RON) fuel with no real option (BA GT-P MK1 with no knock sensors for ULP) and actually having run out of fuel several times (kakadu, monto, taroom etc) and having had to resort to the 20l jerrycan to be carried in the boot, I have no faith in any vehicle that requires something that may not be available where I want to go.

Dual fuel would not be an issue but then why would I care for the relatively minor savings made.
If I lived in a city and just drove around the 'burbs with the occaisional trip along a major highway it would also not be an issue.

So my view on LPG is pragmatic, I don't care how superwonderful it is, until it is available everywhere it is of little use.

P.S. If I had known that the GT-P could not run on anything but PULP at the time I probably would not have bought it. I got lied to by the sales guys....

P.P.S. I had a whinge to the FPV engineering team I met at Tennant Ck (Oct 2003) about the fuel problem and they stated that they were not aware that 95RON was rare in the bush. The MK2 has knock sensors.......
Absolutely agree. Same with 98 octain fuel.
Old 18-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #132
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntxr
people may know this already but my boss is good mates with the fpv boss and what i was told by him today that there is 5 fg fpv gt sedans running around cambelfeild with the new full alloy 5.4 with supercharger to be released in a fg as a gt ho
The old from a friends friend
Old 18-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #133
tweeked
N/A all the way

One thing I hope does not get too unrealistic is peoples idea of the power that this, if released, will put out.

The realities of warranty and percieved hoonism will probably mean that the set up will be detuned to 351 kw at the fly.

But that is good........................

The fact that we are so used to hearing of cars on here well over 500kw at the flywheel range spoils us and i fear will have many on here asking why such a low power figure. The real bonus will be that i am sure with only a tune, exhaust, headers and a pulley will give an ability to get at least an extra 100rwkw for around $6-7000. You cannot dream of that with an V8 at the moment.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #134
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

I don't think anyone should expect a figure to go above 325kw. It'll probably be quicker with the same output as FG anyway. I haven't really read the thread all the way through but it seems people think that 350kw is a given? Maybe for the HO if they do it this time but certainly not for GT. Putting more rubber on the road would make these cars quicker than more power anyway.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #135
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
One thing I hope does not get too unrealistic is peoples idea of the power that this, if released, will put out.

The realities of warranty and percieved hoonism will probably mean that the set up will be detuned to 351 kw at the fly.

But that is good........................

The fact that we are so used to hearing of cars on here well over 500kw at the flywheel range spoils us and i fear will have many on here asking why such a low power figure. The real bonus will be that i am sure with only a tune, exhaust, headers and a pulley will give an ability to get at least an extra 100rwkw for around $6-7000. You cannot dream of that with an V8 at the moment.
Absolutely, that is why I say that the release of the GT S/C and the F6 along side would be a win win for us. Two cars in the line up that will dive into the low 12 sec bracket with minimal mods, happy days.
Old 18-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #136
HSE2

Quote:
Currently the GT and F6 are priced the same with no S/C on the GT. Now add the cost of the S/C to the GT and I bet it will hike the price of the GT up by $6-7k with no rise in the cost of the F6. This will place the F6 with a clear price advantage over the GT S/C. Now compare the power specs, will the GT be a 400kw monster? Of course it won't, it will be a reasonably small S/C running low boost and will probably be limited to about 350kw. Now lets remember the F6 at the moment is pulling dyno figures that suggests it is under rated at 310kw, more like 330-340. This may mean the difference will not be very large between the F6 and the GT S/C.

Hence my belief that in the absence of spectacular power differences and a now having a $6-7k price difference there will be a market for both in the FPV line up, happy days ahead!

Won't happen.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #137
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Won't happen.
To back you up there's also the mej theory; FPV/Prodrive doing the development of this particular unit for both Falcon and Mustang ensures it's a belter. If so then no way it's a "small sc/low" boost application.
Old 18-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #138
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
To back you up there's also the mej theory; FPV/Prodrive doing the development of this particular unit for both Falcon and Mustang ensures it's a belter. If so then no way it's a "small sc/low" boost application.
Lets remember we have FPV not SVT.. Chances are it will be the same unit but ours factory spec i'd almost be certain will have Less Boost.

I can't see how without a major rear end re-design they could stop a falcon with factory GT500 type power from spitting out CV's like they were tooth picks, especially if they give them some real rear tyres to play with.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #139
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Lets remember we have FPV not SVT.. Chances are it will be the same unit but ours factory spec i'd almost be certain will have Less Boost.

I can't see how without a major rear end re-design they could stop a falcon with factory GT500 type power from spitting out CV's like they were tooth picks, especially if they give them some real rear tyres to play with.
As good as SVT is, Prodrive isn't too bad me thinks

They're going for 275s at the rear, that should warrant an upgrade on the rear end even if they keep it at the same power level.
Old 18-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #140
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Won't happen.

What part of my post "won't happen" ?
Old 18-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #141
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yes say any more and I'll give you your marching orders. :voldar02:
Has happened before....
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #142
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
No, it's more like I am backing HSE2. ;)

This goes back a long way.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 12:36 AM   #143
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Won't happen.
agreed.

**The rest of my ramblings is not directed at anybody, just rambling**

The price differential between the two could be minimal if what we believe about the development of the new 8 is actually happening and could be realising some cost efficiencies in doing so.

There is no way FPV will be introducing the 8 with such a premium as suggested by another poster above. The suggestion in the first paragraph will hopefully go some way in proving that, but it would also be marketing and product suicide.

It's going to be extremely important that FPV place F6 carefully against a revitalised GT. They could do this by way of specification, appointments and new technologies etc.

I feel the GT is certainly going to make a statement and is not going to be perceived as the underdone big brother, FPV have every intention in changing GT's status.... but they can't afford to distance F6 too far from it from a performance perspective. This will only alienate the F6 faithful and damage what has become something of a cult like status. They should, and i'm sure will, be both ball tearers.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #144
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
It's going to be extremely important that FPV place F6 carefully against a revitalised GT. They could do this by way of specification, appointments and new technologies etc.
Pretty much, done properly both marques can enjoy success and gain market share. At the end of the day this is what they want, better off having more people buy FPV's.

It means better profits, bigger budgets and has the oposition creating better cars.
Old 19-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #145
GTP-814
love the quad cams

I'm not sure if Ford still ownes Jag or they have been sold off, but they have just launched their new XFR which has a S/C 5 litre with 375kw. Sounds sweet.....
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #146
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
agreed.

**The rest of my ramblings is not directed at anybody, just rambling**

The price differential between the two could be minimal if what we believe about the development of the new 8 is actually happening and could be realising some cost efficiencies in doing so.

There is no way FPV will be introducing the 8 with such a premium as suggested by another poster above. The suggestion in the first paragraph will hopefully go some way in proving that, but it would also be marketing and product suicide.

I feel the GT is certainly going to make a statement and is not going to be perceived as the underdone big brother, FPV have every intention in changing GT's status.... but they can't afford to distance F6 too far from it from a performance perspective. This will only alienate the F6 faithful and damage what has become something of a cult like status. They should, and i'm sure will, be both ball tearers.
If that is in fact the case, and ive got no reason to doubt your feelings on this i hope the F6 finds some incremental business outside of its current "cult following" because i fear for its sake that a large % of those current owners may "defect" for want of a better word or maybe "return" back to the GT.
For me i hope it morphs a bit more into a different kind of performance sedan to gain sales from other manufacturers, that may also mean stealing sales from Ford's own range itself...? or become a bit more understated "high tech" euro? But i guess that's a different topic.

I cant wait for more details to surface about the new GT engine...

Last edited by 4Vman; 19-06-2009 at 08:10 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #147
Gum6y
Gum6y

After reading the whole thread I hope FPV aint reading.

Its an alloy block, its a V8, its supercharged, it has the potential to deliver 300-400kw.

Its good good good, if they deliver I will buy so will others. Its a win in sales for FPV, there is no problem here.

Nice one!

Build thread Here

2012 BMW M3 4.0 V8 414 HP 8,400 rpm redline
Gum6y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #148
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

[QUOTE=4Vman]F6 finds some incremental business outside of its current "cult following" because i fear for its sake that a large % of those current owners may "defect" for want of a better word or maybe "return" back to the GT.
QUOTE]

A % would have a F6 over a supercharged V8...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #149
SVTVNM
Guzzler

I know it's some time off, but I am curious as to how long before there's mention of any of this in any of the Auto mags.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #150
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Nikked]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
F6 finds some incremental business outside of its current "cult following" because i fear for its sake that a large % of those current owners may "defect" for want of a better word or maybe "return" back to the GT.
QUOTE]

A % would have a F6 over a supercharged V8...
What..? 5, 10, maybe at a stretch 20%?? On those numbers it wouldnt survive..