Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #121
zigzagnt

some people just don't appreciate a good looking car when they see one! and i've always thought people who have a go at other cars that may actually be as good if not better than theirs are trying to make up for something!!
Old 13-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #122
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

i personally have driven both,
my daily is a 04 / XT Auto
and my weekender is a 06/Turbo 4 x Terry

the gts us a awesome car, nice lines, smooth engine and transition.
only picky bit with them in some of the interior trim is not up to scratch, mainly around the base of the seats (ford also has this issue) and the location of the handbrake is a bit annoying.

the seats are awesome, the engine has power all the way up to redline.
hoever the brakes felt a little "soft"
Old 13-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #123
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrads on the new purchase. It's your money and you picked the car that impressed you the most.

I wouldn't worry about what most of the nay-sayers post, you will find that most have postcounts less than 500 and have not really contributed anything of worth to the forum.

I'd be interested to see if any of these members would have been whinging when Russelw posted pics of his lovely 300C SRT8.

If people blindly accept what Ford offer's the market purely based on Ford loyalty, then it would be a sad day for the advancement of Australian production & performance cars.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #124
zigzagnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Congrads on the new purchase. It's your money and you picked the car that impressed you the most.

I wouldn't worry about what most of the nay-sayers post, you will find that most have postcounts less than 500 and have not really contributed anything of worth to the forum.

I'd be interested to see if any of these members would have been whinging when Russelw posted pics of his lovely 300C SRT8.

If people blindly accept what Ford offer's the market purely based on Ford loyalty, then it would be a sad day for the advancement of Australian production & performance cars.

My point entirely
Old 13-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #125
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
Its not jealousy you fool he attacked me because i said his car is ugly and thats what all you'se are raving on about personal choice. So get over it. Im so jealous i dont own a 50 grand holden that looks like vomit? im on the wrong forums.
Sorry for picking on you, firstly its MUCH MUCH more than 50 grand.....

Secondly are you that stupid and or immature that you have no idea of the concept of CHOICE, he has shown and clearly stated he owns also a XR8 Ute so has the best of what is currently on the market...

Anyone that buys ANY product purely for BRAND Loyalty is a MORON...Yeah I know my user name says MYVYSS, well before you brand me a Holden loving bogan, (firstly I dont own it anymore I sold it) but I wanted to buy an aussie made RWD car, preferably in V8...Now I went to FORD on 4 occasions and firslty product aside, I was NEVER given the change of a test drive, even after 3 phone made appointments, payslips and finance papers showing I earned in excess of 100k a year, the service I got from there was !!! simple, when I FINALLY made got the chance to test drive a car, I was impressed, however knowing the service I appeared to get from FORD I already had a bad taste in my mouth, However the service and support I got from the Holden dealer was delightful, 3 different dealers went out of there way to show and allow em to test drive and put their product through any test..... When I decided to spend 50k on a car, there was no way a product that seemed inferior and wasnt backed with decent dealers and or people that gave a deserved MY hard earned cash... Bag the guy all you like, but he made HIS choice...and yes this is a Ford Forum, but last time I checked, it was STILL a free country and without Holdens as a comparisson to build and style quality from all you Blue Bleeding Morons would be driving around in FWD Taurus's imported directly from the US...so next time you want to say something to a Holden driver, I suggest you say thanks....thanks to YOUR vehicles maker, we ALL get to drive some of the best dam RWD cars in the world....

PS Mate fantastic car, I test drove two of them one Auto and one Manual..and Yeah the manual is a much better car....

Oh and FYI I now drive VW Passat wagon....LOL!!!

Mate get on LS1.com.au and enjoy, there is a LOT of smart and enthusiastic Ford People over there who like most normal and intelligent people can actually see the value in both brands....its a shame the uneducated and moronic still have a voice...

Cheers

Craig.

Craig
Old 13-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #126
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:

Unless you have 500 or more posts on a internet car forum you are a nobody................

150 more to go and I will have earned my stripes.............
Old 13-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #127
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagnt
My point entirely
but u got less than 500 posts as well.... lol jk
Old 13-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #128
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My brother just bought a VE Calais V and he's wrapped with it. I'll be having a drive of it when I am back in Oz in September.

My GTP is coming up 4 years old now and I'm not considering buying another car until next year, ....... when Orion comes along!

If I were considering buying now the VE GTS would be one of the cars I would definitely think about.

So good on you BLOHSV for explaining what swung you on the GTS, congratulations on your purchase and happy motoring!
Old 13-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #129
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534
So good on you BLOHSV for explaining what swung you on the GTS, congratulations on your purchase and happy motoring!
And that's really all that needs to be said, isnt it?

Those who have replied here bagging the car and the new owner simply because it is not a Ford ought to wake up. Disappointing to see so many people with ridiculous, one sided views on here who think they're doing the "right thing" by bagging somebody's new pride and joy.

Just remember for every person you bag for driving a Holden, there is one bagging you for driving a Ford. The words "each to their own" come to mind.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #130
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

The appalling attitudes here embarrass me as a car enthusiast.
If this were about a GT on LS1.com we would say typical Holden fans. :

BLOHSV bought a flagship model, he is member here who owns Fords and deserves better than this garbage.

Leave the rubbish out of here or holidays will be handed out.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #131
BionicGT
Living in GT Nirvana

I'm sure BLOHSV knew what reaction he'd get posting a picture of a HSV on Ford Forums. I'm sure he's having a good chuckle over some of the comments posted in this thread.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #132
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

nice ride mate, out of ANY GM product, that would be the ONLY one i would consider buying.
I looked buying one while looking for an F6, but the interior and badge made me decide in the end really. So, what Mods you doing to her!!?
Old 13-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #133
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V
Unless you have 500 or more posts on a internet car forum you are a nobody................

150 more to go and I will have earned my stripes.............
I wouldn't necessarily say that,the point that I am getting at is that the FFAU members with higher post counts have obviously been part of the FFAU community for quite a period of time, know how the forums work, know the reputation of Ford through their experiences and those of other members, and know each other.

Some of the newer members however seem to be very quick to call judgment and complain about Holden or other topics appearing on these forums. I can't recall seeing any of the old "fordforums.com" guard or members that contribute very often sitting here blantantly bagging out one of the generals finest. I guess it's partly about showing respect to other car brands, other peoples choices, and giving credit where credit is due.
Old 13-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #134
mcnews
Trev

The world has plenty of knobs in it so it makes sense that some will be on here also. I would hazard a guess that most of the negatives are still living at home with mummy and daddy and the closest they will ever get to driving an FPV or HSV will be pretending with a plastic steering wheel in the back seat while mummy or daddy drives them to play group :->

Real car enthusiasts are not that brand specific apart from some winding each other up at the pub or whatever in jest. Most car enthusiasts respect each others efforts with cars etc. and can see the bigger picture.

I once went to a car show run by a long running and very large Ford Club that had more than 300 entrants in the show from all brands. I went with a Valiant and won the Best Aussie Muscle Car Trophy that day! How's that for a sense of fair play among brother car enthusiasts...
Old 13-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #135
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily say that,the point that I am getting at is that the FFAU members with higher post counts have obviously been part of the FFAU community for quite a period of time, know how the forums work, know the reputation of Ford through their experiences and those of other members, and know each other.

Some of the newer members however seem to be very quick to call judgment and complain about Holden or other topics appearing on these forums. I can't recall seeing any of the old "fordforums.com" guard or members that contribute very often sitting here blantantly bagging out one of the generals finest. I guess it's partly about showing respect to other car brands, other peoples choices, and giving credit where credit is due.

There was a hint of sarcasm in my post..........

I dont think you can have higher regard for someone's opinion just because they have a higher post count, we were both having a dig at the same clown.
Old 13-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #136
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

What are the gts's worth??

Are they around the same price as the gt-p?

From what I have seen of them on the street they go like a shower of S%#T.
Old 13-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #137
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V
What are the gts's worth??

Are they around the same price as the gt-p?

From what I have seen of them on the street they go like a shower of S%#T.
They are around 77K. I have never seen one go hard thats probably cause I only pretty much see them on the monash in peak hour traffic. Everytime I see one I think I want one.
Old 13-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #138
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

Peeew and I was thinkiing I made the wrong choice with my GT. But thats more then a new Corolla more expensive then what i paid.
Old 13-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #139
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLkarL
Peeew and I was thinkiing I made the wrong choice with my GT. But thats more then a new Corolla more expensive then what i paid.
you should heed your own quote in your signiture
Old 13-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #140
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
They are around 77K. I have never seen one go hard thats probably cause I only pretty much see them on the monash in peak hour traffic.

Isn't that the truth........

Unless you are driving these things at 10 tenths you are hard pressed to tell the difference between most models............

I had difficulty trying to run my GT in around the burbs because of this. Was forced to drive late at night up through the hills and around my favourite secluded back roads to achieve the process.............It was fun but not practical. Stuck in the daily grind and the usual "slight" traffic light brawl, it doesn't really matter if you have 307 , 290 , 0r 260 Kw............
Old 13-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #141
bob^
LPS

How could you buy a Holden when you are a member of the fordforums! Maybe someone should tell that to the bloke who owns the forum and drives a 300c ;)

Sarcasm aside, I love your car. I seen one the other day inside Ford grounds and even people there were admiring it.
Old 13-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #142
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice car mate and have fun! ;)

Lots of immature dribble in here though :
Old 13-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #143
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Looks nice, dont really like the rear....would love to go for a drive still haven't been in a LS2......
Old 13-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #144
Dave R

I find the conduct of certain members in this thread absolutely disgusting.

Whoever believes that Ford is the only option is a moron. ESPECIALLY in this case, where the HSV range are clearly superior products.

What kind of immature child would dispute a purchase based on BADGE only? Since when did car enthusiasts shop solely by badge? Try never. It's time to grow up, fanboys.

This guy owns an XR8 as well. In fact, his initial intention was to purchase a GT-P. It just so happens that the GTS is a superior vehicle. I give him credit for having the brain power to choose the better vehicle. The people whining about his purchase obviously lack the necessary brain power to not only make the right choice, but to also conduct themselves in a mature manner.

People like 'ORSM5L' and 'sexr6tasy' have a lot of growing up to do. To me, it sounds a lot like jealousy.
Old 13-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #145
danv8

Despite some of the members here that are carrying on like you have taken a dump in their cereal.

Congrats on the new car hope you get tons of enjoyment out of it.
:
Old 13-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #146
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I find the conduct of certain members in this thread absolutely disgusting.

Whoever believes that Ford is the only option is a moron. ESPECIALLY in this case, where the HSV range are clearly superior products.

What kind of immature child would dispute a purchase based on BADGE only? Since when did car enthusiasts shop solely by badge? Try never. It's time to grow up, fanboys.

This guy owns an XR8 as well. In fact, his initial intention was to purchase a GT-P. It just so happens that the GTS is a superior vehicle. I give him credit for having the brain power to choose the better vehicle. The people whining about his purchase obviously lack the necessary brain power to not only make the right choice, but to also conduct themselves in a mature manner.

People like 'ORSM5L' and 'sexr6tasy' have a lot of growing up to do. To me, it sounds a lot like jealousy.
You have written a great thread.i appreciate the support.thanks mate.
Old 13-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #147
BLOHSV

Just like to say that i appreciate all the comments and support from you guys and girls apart from those immature p***ks.Thanks again. :
Old 13-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #148
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOHSV
Just like to say that i appreciate all the comments and support from you guys and girls apart from those immature p***ks.Thanks again. :
Mate as a Ford man, but more importantly a car enthusiast, it's great to others enjoying a new car no matter what it is

Any others that do not take notice of the warnings like sexr6tasy has will be having a break also. People do not want to start threads with the thought that they may be cut down with whatever decision they make
Old 13-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #149
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

/rant

Some people on this thread have a terrible attitude.

The reason why Ford Forums is such a great place is that MOST (take note of that word please) participants are open minded and like cars as a broad topic.
To narrow this board to down to Fords and Fords only means we'd become one-eyed, naive individuals who fail to appreciate the rights of others or the things that other enjoy, as well as other nice cars that other people have the pleasure of owning, driving or both.

Every forum contains people with different backgrounds, different experiences and different personalities. This is what makes life interesting, allowing people to share these things.
The forums that work are the ones that embrace difference and respect others choices (provided they hurt nobody or impede on nobody's rights).
The attitude towards BLOHSV has been terrible and I apologise to him for the crap that he's had to put up with from people who don't appreciate or understand what AFF is all about.

There are thousands of other forums where you can lambaste people for their choices.
Don't do it here.

My message to BLOHSV is to ignore the grunts and know that I (as well as many others) acknowledge that you've got a great piece of machinery there, even if we're not fans of the Lion as such. Regardless, you've got to give the /thumbsup for a good choice of vehicle.

If people purchased Fords for the hell of it, we'd get an inferior product and you'd complain even more. Competition is what keeps the bar raised, and has it continually raised.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 13-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #150
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Stuck in the daily grind and the usual "slight" traffic light brawl, it doesn't really matter if you have 307 , 290 , 0r 260 Kw............ :
Or a 190 kw for that matter.....I checked the average speed on the trip comp of my BA N/A over the weekend since last reset 6 mths ago....average speed?....39 km/h.

Beginning to question my thinking of wanting to do performance mods in these circumstances....Maybe I'm just gettin' too old !
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Closed Thread