Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #121
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
I'm not sure if you are avoiding the question or you missed it...however without being delicate and not wishing to offend...'what is the breakdown of dui,death and serious injury in black as compared to white'..in the stats on road incidents in the N.T..

Just had a thought the stats don't allow for differences...

I think you know where I'm coming from now.
I'm with you now... it hard to get the numbers exactly. I am still working on a spread sheet with data taken from the NT web site. But there are great big holes in their data. But it would be true to say, at this early stage, that Aboriginal Australia are over represented by about 200%. But like it said, when the spread sheet is done, I will know for sure. i will email ya a copy when it is done.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #122
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks will await reply appreciate your work.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #123
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Just as a side note, that Jules Lund bloke was on Getaway last week driving a new beema on the Autobahn. He was travelling at 180-200km/hr and mentioned that at that speed, your attention is focussed on nothing but the driving and the road ahead.

Those sort of speeds are way to high for everywhere here, but it's a good point, travelling for 4-5 hrs on a straight stretch of road at 100km/hr will soon see the driver getting dreary
I agree with you on that 100% but as you say there are some roads in this country where the limit is too slow and other roads it should be slowed down. I do think that there lies a problem with ability and judgment of some people. some also think that because there car is quick in the city its quick on the open road, whoa...reality check, some of them wee bangers can not handle too well at high speed and when over taking some people can not judge on coming traffic or distance to next corner while others feel the need to over take but doing so with in the speed limit. I say stuff that, get your **** out and around quickly and as safe as needs be. No wonder there are so many accidents, some do not know the limitations on their cars and others just don't have the ability. I exclude the idiot drunks from this even though they do equate to a portion of any tallies. Lets be honest, I have seen some really stupid accidents and wonderd, how the hell did they manage to stuff up. Its simply incompetance and inexperiance. When I drive long distance or any where for that matter, I never take my eyes of the road. You do and its as bad as a micro sleep think about it. I do not trust any one on the road and treat all traffic as a potential sleeper, mobile phone user, sat nav user, chat to the kids in the back, sleepy head or argue with the missus type person. I know not evryone is but jesus, driving is a life time skill and absolute consentration is required. I feel people should do one of them defensive or performance type courses, I am 42 and have driven tractors and stuff on the farm since I was about 8 or 9 but I still learnt somthing from that course and would love to do another one. I don't know there is no answers and reducing speed is not the answer. Its just careless stupidity on the drivers part for what ever reason be it not stopping reguarly, phones or changing the CD. I mean come on you are there to drive not entertain or do business on the phone. If you play the play station and your racing around bathurst and the phone rings do you answer it and try to keep playing at the same time, no you probably pause, or what about some one talking to you while racing play station round bathhurst, do you take your eyes of the screen and keep driving and conversating, I don't think so. think about the amount of consentration you need to play just the play station. Its not what I reckon to be the problem but I reckon its has a big contribution. Even the old drive to conditions, how many people do you see in the city do that when it all of a sudden poors down, stuff all. I see them still speeding along and manouvering like its still sunny like ten minutes ago and then bang, six cars smash and a couple in hostpital. Defensive or performance type driving courses mandatory for all I say and they should be part of our skills enhancment for all drivers. thats my bit any way.

Last edited by GT290; 04-11-2006 at 11:20 PM.
GT290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #124
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Some good points there GT290. But what we must all get our heads around, is, common sence has no place within our current governments, state, and federal. I want Russell Coiught for PM!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #125
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Some good points there GT290. But what we must all get our heads around, is, common sence has no place within our current governments, state, and federal. I want Russell Coiught for PM!!!!
Yes I agree there, I think that some of this revenue they flogg off sue who get fined for the 4 to 5 ks over should be return to the comunity to build proper traing facilities and assist in continued development of driver habbits and ability. I work in an industry where life is threaten every day, but it does not have to be if you follow the rules, but in saying that it does not happen and we get it to happen by continued traing and positive reinforcement. I think the government should take ownership and implement a new system that continues even after you have a licence.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #126
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

So did they end up imposing limits or not?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #127
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
So did they end up imposing limits or not?
Yes they imposed limits.....
Old 05-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #128
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes they imposed limits.....
Is Jan 1 2007 the actual start date?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #129
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Is Jan 1 2007 the actual start date?
I have heard two different stories. Its either 1/1/07 or 1/7/07. My guess is they will bring it in on the 1/1/07. They will want to get all that revenue from holiday makers.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #130
bEAn86

oh well thiers the end of an erera welcome to the rest of country. So are the limits now 110? or gay ones like vic at 100?
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #131
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
...They will want to get all that revenue from holiday makers...
The holiday makers are sure to reduce in number, so they'd better get in quick

Panda
Old 05-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #132
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86@hotmail.com
oh well thiers the end of an erera welcome to the rest of country. So are the limits now 110? or gay ones like vic at 100?
Read the thread.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #133
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Clare Martin
Undercuts
Northern
Territory
Speed limit.

Thanks to that Wh0re, I'll never have a chance to legally go fast for free, Moto Magazines will no longer include excellent stories on how they fanged the latest FPV or Porky Turbo in the NT.

No more cannonball run. What a goonbag egomanaiacal moll. WHo the hell is she. Im fuming, and the most I ever did in the NT was take a Nissan Patrol diesel to its 165km/h V-Max. Spewing.
I know how you feel my friend, I moved to the NT a few years ago for work and drove into the state in a Toyota Hilux that mananged 110 down hill with a tail wind. The road trains passed me like I was standing still, now I am in Vic and have a GT and wanted to take a trip up there one day, guess not now.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #134
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
I know how you feel my friend, I moved to the NT a few years ago for work and drove into the state in a Toyota Hilux that mananged 110 down hill with a tail wind. The road trains passed me like I was standing still, now I am in Vic and have a GT and wanted to take a trip up there one day, guess not now.

You've still got tome just pull your finger out!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 06-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #135
67XRT

Default NT limits

Having lived up here for the last year, I have found that on the open roads my driving has actually improved, not that I consider myself a bad driver however, I do find that at 140 - 180 kmh I actually DRIVE my car rather than RIDE in the car.

I dont use cruise control at speeds in excess of 120kmh and quickly identified the shortcomings in the handling of my car.

I will say that compared to some of the National Highways down south the Stuart Hwy, is a pretty crap road for its intended use.

Again, as said before drive within your capabilities assess the road conditions and you only have to worry about the drives with lesser capabilities trying to take you and your loved ones out.
67XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #136
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Just out of interest what sort of average fuel consumption do you get up around the 140-150km/h mark. At 110-120 km/h i can get 7.5-8l/100km out of my N/A I6, but what are some of you guys experiencing at these speeds?? 12-13l/100km??
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #137
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

11-12l/100klm was right for me. Mostly with a load in the back, and the bullbar on the front.
Wind made a big difference across the Barkly.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #138
kempster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
Just out of interest what sort of average fuel consumption do you get up around the 140-150km/h mark. At 110-120 km/h i can get 7.5-8l/100km out of my N/A I6, but what are some of you guys experiencing at these speeds?? 12-13l/100km??
The EF fairmont used to get about about 9.5lts to 100k while sitting on 140. It loved being sat on the cruise at that speed, use to do the alice to darwin trip every month. used to run real sweet after the cleanout.
kempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #139
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Did a trip a couple of months ago, Alice to Adelaide and return. Two adults 3 kids and lots of luggage. Did 160 on the NT side of the border, 120 in SA, lots of city driving in Adelaide and then back to Alice. Got 13.1 per litre average over the whole trip. The car is a BF manual XR8.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #140
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura

OK don't know the k's per litre but at 180/220 used 3/4 of a tank in an AU II XR8 between Tennant Creek and The Alice...distance 510k's.

If I'd sat on 200/240 ...would'nt have made it without a top up at Aileron.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 06-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #141
kempster1

We used to do 2 1/2 hour trips to Tennant in a camary wagon, 200 on the cruise control
Old 06-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #142
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempster1
We used to do 2 1/2 hour trips to Tennant in a camary wagon, 200 on the cruise control

Hhhmmm don't think your time for distance and speed are to good...my previous post gave me a time of 3 and 1/2 hrs.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 06-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #143
kempster1

We could make teatree in 1 hour (had to get fuel), the 2 1/2 hours does not include stops.
would had to be more than 200k on the cruise control as the sums do not work out as you said.
We held the company record for an few months with the 2 1/2 hour trip
Old 06-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #144
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We could make teatree in 1 hour (had to get fuel), the 2 1/2 hours does not include stops.
would had to be more than 200k on the cruise control as the sums do not work out as you said.
We held the company record for an few months with the 2 1/2 hour trip

Nah don't buy it..according to your post you did'nt observe speed limits at towns.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 06-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #145
kempster1

towns ???

servo's with 3 blackfellows out front do not count as towns, or worthy of lifting of for
Old 06-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #146
kempster1

we had all sorts of good records
When I left
Alice to the rock was just under two hours/
Alice to teatree was down to 52 minute
my best trip to dawin was 10 hours with stops
Old 06-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #147
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
towns ???

servo's with 3 blackfellows out front do not count as towns, or worthy of lifting of for

But it is these towns, Aileron, Ti tree, Daly Waters, and the like, is where the accidents happen. The common thread is the sale of grog and as you said, black fella's. They either walk out on the highway ****ed as newts or get into their beat up old cars and head down the high ways. It is these places that Jodeen Carney has said she will post 110 limits. And I agree with here. Clare wont do this in those areas for fear of upsetting her "support base".
Old 06-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #148
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
towns ???

And you just lost any credibilty as a real driver...YOU have no idea.

And this includes your next post..re records.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 06-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #149
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
When I left
The rock is 450k from Alice. That means you must have averaged 225kph.... What year ferrari was it????

It is 192k to ti tree...... That means an average of approx 200kph.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #150
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When I left

Your full of it..I lived in the Territory for sixteen years, you figure it out and when you decide to recant then post.

Until then your a tool.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6