Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #121
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Come on Girls smarten up & accept the fact Men are men & Women are Women & yes we are Differant.
and you are stuck in the 70's.
Old 22-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #122
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
(I think he harbours a secret desire to be Ted Bullpit)
Old 22-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #123
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

My sister has a vx dunnydore **hangs head in shame** and she has purple plates and pink flowers allova the back window and soon to have fluffy pink seat covers and mats and dash mat and so on ........... mums the same (hyundie elantra) with hot pink number plates, seatcovers. but i dont mind because its not my choise its theirs so more power to all the girls out there doin their thing

Tristo

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #124
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LMAO LOOK at what you drive & you say I am stuck in the 70's
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #125
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmm, chicks in hot Falcon's are hotter that normal chicks, lol.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #126
Gammaboy

Quote:
Its your attitude thats stuck in the 70s... Bet you like your wimmin folk barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.
Old 22-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #127
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I see a car with pink plates, fower stickers or anything of the kind, I'll have a look to see what the driver looks like, so will most guys. This is why chicks put these items on their cars, to get attention, same as fitting spinner hub caps, or the like.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #128
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
yes, I say you're stuck in the 70's.
Quote:
Women who have to plaster Stickers all over their Vehicles letting people know its a Girls Car have a complex & are insecure
you're stating that you think that women who personalise and are proud of their cars, are insecure?
You must have hated having to go and vote, and seeing all those women there. Thinking for themselves, having opinions and all that crazy stuff..
clearly thinking a few decades back I think.

yes, I drive 70's cars. I have taste. Although your BF ute, with sports bar and CAI sounds MIGHTY impressive, I'll stick to my classics, that ooze character, and will be worth more than yours within the next year or so.
oops, look like my coupe already is. And two of them in my sig are quicker anyway. and one of those two belongs to my WIFE.
I cbf'd going on... clearly, i win, you fail. have a swell day
Old 22-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #129
Gammaboy

Quote:
you fail.
Old 22-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #130
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
This is why chicks put these items on their cars, to get attention, same as fitting spinner hub caps, or the like.
another expert
are you absolutely sure of this? It isn't the reason my wifes car has MIS351 plates. It's her car, and it has a 351. its just another accessory that goes towards the car looking as good as it does.

not so ferals can pull up and drool...
Old 22-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #131
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy

Needs more Ratatouille...
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #132
MissGXL
MIS351

Couldn't be bothered reading all 6 or so pages of this thread so if I say something that's been said... too bad. My husband told me about it so since I have personalised plates on my car "MIS351" I thought I qualify to share my 2 cents.

Someone mentioned that chicks do it for attention? I think part of the fun of driving the cars we do - male or female - is for the attention it pulls. I wouldn't get people giving me the thumbs up or getting wiplash as I drive down the road in a corolla now would I?

I see plenty of plates or stickers around that state the obvious ie the huge FORD or HOLDEN stickers that take up the entire back window of the car which is a, um, ford? or holden maybe? I wanted personalised plates for my car and my imagination doesn't really extend much past what I got. My other choice was GXL351 but that was gone, and if I got 351GXL that costs $220 per year to own because the numbers are before the letters (thanks Transport SA). One of Phil's mates suggested MIS351, it was available so I got it and love it, and why not? I'm a chick, and the car has a 351, can't be worse than covering my windows in ford stickers.

Also it serves the obvious purpose, lets people know that it is in fact my car and not my husbands. Even with those plates and me behind the wheel Phil's been told he's got a nice car as he's getting in or out of the passenger side. No-ones ever told me I own a cool car as I climb out of the passenger side of my husbands coupe, or any car for that matter. I've had countless people comment on what a cool car I've got, then ask if it's mine or my boyfriends.

Someone else said they should get "PENI5" on their car so everyone would know it's a blokes car, have you ever had anyone ask if it was your girlfriends car? Or comment that it was nice (or brave) of your wife/girlfriend to let you drive her car? I'm guessing not... It does get f'n irritating after awhile.

Alright, that was my post for the year, have a good Xmas & New Year everyone!
MissGXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #133
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGXL
...have you ever had anyone ask if it was your girlfriends car? Or comment that it was nice (or brave) of your wife/girlfriend to let you drive her car? I'm guessing not... It does get f'n irritating after awhile.
For any female that is a bit of a revhead and prefers how their car handles the quarter mile rather than what colour it is, this is why we like people to know it is our car.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #134
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
another expert
are you absolutely sure of this? It isn't the reason my wifes car has MIS351 plates. It's her car, and it has a 351. its just another accessory that goes towards the car looking as good as it does.

not so ferals can pull up and drool...
Yeah, plates are ok, especially on a tough car. Also its tops to see women getting around in real cars, but if they cover them in flower and playboy stickers, my above statement stands. But there is no difference with a chick putting flower stickers on their car, or a guy having jet pilot or the like on theirs. It is not to make their car there own, I think that is obvious given how many cars have these, it is to gain attention.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post