Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #121
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default Re: April VFacts.. Falcon !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
here's a couple of jeep ads. hardly anything about the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKHX...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSf8v-3MNAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBF1trsVEUk

so your telling me if ford released these tv commercials (just substitute ford or falcon everywhere where jeep is mentioned) that everyone on here would think they were the work of a genius??? the 3rd one is likely not a tv commercial, given it is a minute long, but is it selling a car or a dog?? the other 2, well, according to the experts on here, its impossible for them to work because they don't tell anyone all the intimate details about the engine and fuel type etc etc.

i take it everyone shops at supacheap and bunnings and the prices really are down at coles. we all use swisse vitamins and shave with gillette shavers....
advertising work's end of story....

you cant buy something that doesn't exists.... they dont make falcon anymore!
because no one know about it.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #122
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I've said this before & I'll say it gain.. A TV add is not going to sell a car (come on, how dumb do you think people are??), It is there to get people to put the car on their "shopping list". It is then up to the dealers, website, the car feature, price, etc, etc. It is about people going "jeep, I might take a look at their website"... Believe it or not, there are allot of people that don’t know what a Falcon is, truly!!! When I buy my last Falcon in 2010, the number of people who said "who makes a Falcon" when I said I bought a Falcon even shocked me!!

I think you should think before typing...

OK, a few points..

-You say, an add wont sell a car, just put it on a shopping list. If a person then buys that car from the shopping list, the ad sold the car, yes?

-Your story about people not knowing who built the falcon, if an advertisement from for shows the falcon, then the ad is working, in drawing awareness...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #123
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
advertising work's end of story....
i have never said it doesn't work. some people think the ONLY form of advertising is TV ads. wrong. very wrong.

me, and most i know, switch off during tv ads. thats when you get up to go to the toilet/make a drink/check emails/whatever...

tv ads are not cheap and there is a goauto article stating that ford won't be using this medium for falcon/territory, but will use other forms of media. tv ads are reserved for the cars that are in the growth segments.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #124
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i have never said it doesn't work. some people think the ONLY form of advertising is TV ads. wrong. very wrong.

me, and most i know, switch off during tv ads. thats when you get up to go to the toilet/make a drink/check emails/whatever...

tv ads are not cheap and there is a goauto article stating that ford won't be using this medium for falcon/territory, but will use other forms of media. tv ads are reserved for the cars that are in the growth segments.
what about the people who watch TT/ACA/sunrise/today show/the circle?
they are 100% ads/product placment, dressed as story's..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #125
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Jeep ad that ends "the only search engine you will ever need" thats good !! links the car with Gen Y .....then with Tezza, I can visit 1000 friends or haul ice up a mountain !!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #126
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I think the thread title needs to be changed to April Advertising.

I guess I will look at the other Vfact thread to find some Vfacts.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #127
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving a Jeep in the bush to places unkown and discovering hidden valleys is selling a dream and aspirational.

Not sure how you sell the dream when you are advertising a car that is percieived either as 1) the car your dad drove in the 70s 2) a taxi 3) the car you are given as part of your salary package when you don't have a choice.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #128
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
Yes, absolutely

Your calculations do not work like that

Both Ford and VFacts have the Territory in the SUV group, its a SUV not classed or counted as a wagon, none the less its doing very well in the SUV class, got its head in front of the Kluger [Why dont BigT [tm.f/0] do a DIEsel version?]
It does matter in terms of what is being built locally, being dismissive of combined production of
Falcon and Territory is therefore ignoring Ford's ability to produce many +$40,000 SUVs and even
the balance when Holden was running two shifts and exporting Commodore for dirt..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #129
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
Just as well Kia and Hyundai are sold as seperate brands, even though they are the same company = 38,257/pcs
WOW ..... if Holden and Daewoo added theirs together they would be winning ..... if it was a race?

The Falcon and the Territory are separate cars but the Terri has taken the slack for the wagon and many wagon buyers (me as well) buy them as a 'better' replacement for the old wagons. Main points ..... they are both developed, designed and engineered in Australia and as a combined effort are keeping a crap load employed at present and for quite a few years yet.

Focus, Mondeo and especially Ranger are unfortunately limited in production at the moment. For Ford to sell world wide everything they make and making a profit doing it says something one would think.

Being number 1 in Aust for the Mazda 3 isn't doing that company any favours at the moment

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #130
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
Driving a Jeep in the bush to places unkown and discovering hidden valleys is selling a dream and aspirational.

Not sure how you sell the dream when you are advertising a car that is percieived either as 1) the car your dad drove in the 70s 2) a taxi 3) the car you are given as part of your salary package when you don't have a choice.
your bagging of the ford product is getting old and booooring.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #131
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
your bagging of the ford product is right on point and thought provoking....
thanks for the compliment

how do you feel about the hundreds of negative comments that everyone else makes on here ??
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #132
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i am a big sook and i only come on here too sook..
see below champ.....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11364547
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #133
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford making 2000 cars a month is still moving 2000 x and average of what $35000 = $70 million a month, or getting up near $1 billion turnover in a year. Its still not small bikkies.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #134
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

and your point is??? BTW own a LS1 and I'm on the LS! forum ...I think the difference is Ls1 owners are on average happy with the product. Whereas there appears to be a lot of Ford Fanatics (I have been a ford fan since my dad bought a new XB when I was a kid) who are disappointed and frustrated with the 2nd rate Ford experience that is all too common at the moment.

After years of BMW/Subaru ownership I thought I would buy a Ford "because they are world class now" ...what a mistake. The dealer was a moron, the warranty process drove me to point of legal action and the quailty of the car is just way to bad for a $47k car.

I'm not alone ....loads of members here have the same thoughts and I think we all agree that the Ford sales numbers show that people are voting with their wallets and going elsewhere.

Please don't reply with "old and boooring"....it's too ironic
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #135
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Quote:
and your point is??? BTW own a LS1 and I'm on the LS! forum ...I think the difference is Ls1 owners are on average happy with the product. Whereas there appears to be a lot of Ford Fanatics (I have been a ford fan since my dad bought a new XB when I was a kid) who are disappointed and frustrated with the 2nd rate Ford experience that is all too common at the moment.

After years of BMW/Subaru ownership I thought I would buy a Ford "because they are world class now" ...what a mistake. The dealer was a moron, the warranty process drove me to point of legal action and the quailty of the car is just way to bad for a $47k car.

I'm not alone ....loads of members here have the same thoughts and I think we all agree that the Ford sales numbers show that people are voting with their wallets and going elsewhere.

You can be lucky or unlucky with any make of car.

For me I'm quite fussy with my cars, and am now on my 3rd Falcon and still happy. I looked at the VE before buying the FG, but came back to Ford. From my experiences the Ford servicing leaves VW servicing for dead for value (my wife has a VW), plus there have been niggles with the VW from day of delivery, was unhappy with that dealer.

And I know of loyal Commodore owners who have had Commodores over the years, who are not happy with their VE.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #136
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
<snip>

You need to remove the second "m" and "y" from your name...cauze thats all you are doing...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #137
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

go trade that horrible car on a mazda......
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #138
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
go trade that horrible car on a mazda......

I would if it had any resale value but like all other Fords it's basically worthless.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #139
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would if it had any resale value but like all other Fords it's basically worthless.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #140
HUNTER8

Quote:
If you promise not to come back we'll make up the difference in the trade in price for you.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #141
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Are you for real?
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #142
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
-You say, an add wont sell a car, just put it on a shopping list. If a person then buys that car from the shopping list, the ad sold the car, yes?
I guess that is correct, but my point was the add is only the first step in selling a car, but it can still fall over at any number of steps after that. However if you miss step 1, you miss all the other steps too!! I was trying to counter balance someone saying "an add is not going to sell cars & therefore is useless".

Dont get me wrong, am all over advertising!! Ford need more for Falcon..

Last edited by Joe5619; 03-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #143
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:

Theres alot of bandwith on the street commo forum or elsewhere for your stupidity. Why would you come here and just talk crap?

Get of the mushrooms homie
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #144
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYHSV
. Why would you come here and just talk crap?
When in Rome
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #145
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Maybe if your dad was a bogan? In the 70s, my dad drove a Jaguar XJ6 sedan and by the end of the decade was in a BMW 7-Series.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #146
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Spammy

ammirite?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #147
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar

seems so yes
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #148
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Great to come here and discuss the figures or ways that things could be improved ..... constructively ........ but get very tired of those who just want to continue ill informed banter just to bait those many here who enjoy the product.

Any one got a real problem with their cars ....... these are the forums to discuss it but to carry on like a spoilt kid will just end up in a crap fight.

Stops now. Back to topic thanks

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #149
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm just curious as to why Ford is only intending to build around 2,000 Ecoboost falcons between now and December..
I'd would have thought that the car would sell way more than 250 per month, maybe low numbers are now spooking them...

Maybe Ecoboost is another engine now in short supply globally......
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #150
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Who knows, if it does better then expected they might pump out more...but, realisticly, you could say that the EcoBoost might only attract 20% more...

the next few months will be interesting.

\≡≡T≡≡/