Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 16-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #1681
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

I did a lap and left i didnt see your car but that was about 8pm i saw a GT in nobbys and a Slammed Blue xr on chrmoies just as i left
EAK33Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #1682
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

thought so.

If anyone's got a CV radio, might be a good idea to bring it along on saturday night too
Old 17-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #1683
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

See you all at Swansea tonight guys
Old 17-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #1684
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

I gotta do some yard work then ill clean the car i keep dreaming of KKs lol

Cyas at 7
Old 18-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #1685
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Rockabilly Shakedown Shownshine pictures

best cars in show were

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #1686
FLUTTERINN

Default Rockabilly

Great pics Josh, will post mine up a bit later on mate.
Who would have thought it was winter at 20 deg! It was a great day for us, and being entertained with some fab rock n' roll music and dancing too! Looking forward to heading to Gloucester in a couple of weeks for the Show n shine chillout day there! Nice to meet some of the FPV people as well!
Old 20-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #1687
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

For those who knew that a few of us who were looking at starting an official club, we have news...
Its been scrapped. Even though we had logo's etc and paperwork ready. We have decided to stop the processes.
Too much time etc.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #1688
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
For those who knew that a few of us who were looking at starting an official club, we have news...
Its been scrapped. Even though we had logo's etc and paperwork ready. We have decided to stop the processes.
Too much time etc.
Well thats sucks Donkeys Nuts
Old 20-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #1689
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Well, if people want to help restart it again, Ill be happy to jump back on board and see how to get it set up etc. Otherwise it wont be resurrected.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 20-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #1690
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

I think an official club would be good but i think we do good enough now with shows and cruises
Old 21-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #1691
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

The fact that we are already doing cruises etc pretty well, was one of the key reasons we canned the club idea. It doesnt look like its needed.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 21-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #1692
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

out of interest what would have actualy been the bennefits of being an "official" club?
Old 21-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #1693
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Possibility of club registration for those who dont drive their Falc everyday.
Having people designated as cruise organisers (so more regular cruises/events).
Code of conduct being adhered too by organisers of events at events (which exists as part of AFF and bseries), and could better manage those who didnt adhere etc.
Membership would have given money for club merchandise etc.
More attrative to those who are enthusiests with families and/or older Falcons.
Legal 'legs to stand on' for the rest of the group if someone is involved in a 'major incident'.
Cant remember the others...

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 21-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #1694
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

One of the biggest plus sides to being an incorporated club is public liability insurance.
EG: If at a car show something happens to a spectator the club has insurance to pay for little mary's artificial hand because a bonnet strut failed on a bseries club car and the thing fell and cut her hand off, and her disability payout of 250K, lifetime nursing etc.....
Like all insurance you dont need it till something happens but your normal comprehensive motor vehicle policy wont cover public liability claims. If a club asks you to participate in a show and you are not a member of that or any inc. participating club it would be advisable to get something in writing saying the club hosting the event takes the responsibility for Liability arising from any claims made against all participants. Food for thought.
I agree though, lots of red tape and hoops to go thru to register a club just to enjoy your cars.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #1695
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Public Liability insurance can also shoot you in the head - if for example membership falls below critical mass for a short period, especially around dues time the remaining members can find themselves in the unenviable position of covering the costs of re-insurance, a sum that can become substantial. This is just one burden which can befall you in a casual club, there are many other little costs which will sneak up behind you as well, especially when membership falls below that which is in the business plan.

This can become quite onerous for the remaining members & a really heavy burden for a casual car club.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #1696
FLUTTERINN

After meetin some of the FPV/XR peeps at Rockabilly, Im looking forward to the Gloucester chillout day which is organised by them, and maybe just tag along and enjoy the ride...my thoughts of joining are probs even though Im already an associate member of a local GT club. I really just enjoy the friendships and the outings, as we all do....its important to remember why we bought our cars and what we wanna achieve by owning them... good to get the heads up on insurance issues as well, thanks guys.
Old 22-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #1697
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

My biggest prob becoming a member of the existing Club is... I'm not ALLOWED to be a member as I didn't buy a more expensive Falcon! That ticks me right off.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 23-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #1698
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
My biggest prob becoming a member of the existing Club is... I'm not ALLOWED to be a member as I didn't buy a more expensive Falcon! That ticks me right off.
At least yours looks expensive!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #1699
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
At least yours looks expensive!
True, but it's still not good enough. Considering I take a huge pay cut to work in a low pay community sector, to make a difference. A new club would have meant I wouldn't have been the "tag along".

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 23-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #1700
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

I class us more of a group with a club things can get messy say if someone wants to be president and we appoint someone else that person may crack the shits

So i say we stay the way we are cause we are all pretty close and we dont wanna lose that
Old 23-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #1701
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

Quote:
a guy on facebook invited me to join an XR/FPV club once after I got the new front bar on lol, I was like you do realise its an XT dont you not an XR and thats more or less where the convo ended lol so I know what your talking about there brooksy. I'm not too fussed about it though atm I'm not that into wanting to be in a "club" I just like getting out going cruising with people and attending a few shows here and there. Being in a club just complicates it.
Old 23-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #1702
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

I use to run the Newcastle Sub branch of Team Ground Zero they were a huge Club back about 4 year ago and they all of a sudden died because people were fighting over positions and they had set rules and booted people out if they didnt follow them its all Politics
Old 23-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #1703
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

I have to agree guys. I'm in a club and it used to be great, I met heaps of great people but it is hard work keeping a club running. It's even harder when you have a demanding job. It takes real commitment to run a club or even to be on the committee.
It can be heaps of work for a small amount of enjoyment.
Thats why I started a cruies page on facebook. No politics just straight out fun and cruises.

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #1704
dat_40l

with the FPV/XR club i think that is abit rude how they have said no to you as you don't have an XR or FPV as for a fact i went on a cruise with them couple of years ago and i know for a fact of 2 members who have BA fairmonts with XR6 kits...
Old 24-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #1705
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAK33Y
So i say we stay the way we are cause we are all pretty close and we dont wanna lose that
I agree 100%, why try and "fix" something that isn't broken.

If individuals choose to part of other clubs/groups, they are (should be) still welcome on the AFF organized runs and shows too.
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #1706
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_40l
with the FPV/XR club i think that is abit rude how they have said no to you as you don't have an XR or FPV as for a fact i went on a cruise with them couple of years ago and i know for a fact of 2 members who have BA fairmonts with XR6 kits...
As of a little over a year ago when I sussed out membership, the response was you can't be a full member, but only an affiliate member IF the members vote positively. So I assume the Fairmont boys must have been affiliates.

I'm not the kind of person to be told "you can play, but you can't express an opinion and have a voice.

Anyway, enough of going on about other clubs. That's why I was keen to be apart of a new open club. Anyway... Adam and I are thinking of organizing an epic cruise soon. Details to come.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 29-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #1707
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

Is anyone going to Gloucester this week end?

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #1708
Rob-bfGTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox270
Fox270 (Frank) - I'll be there this weekend.
Also want to catch up with you about a couple of issues .
Robert H.
Rob-bfGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #1709
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox270
Its probably going to rain all day, but im still going.
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #1710
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

I'm going to go now.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build