Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #151
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I think this thread has run it's course, seems to be going in circles now.

However, one thing i'd like to add is the damaging effect this has had on the public perception of Ford. When the media reports on something like this the general population will often side with 'the little guy' or at least have very little faith in technology.

This has caused a loss of faith in Ford from more people than you'd think, I was surprised how many people discussed this story with me. Most of these people know nothing of cars nor really care for them, but because this story is getting such large coverage they take notice and have a negative view on Ford. Now all of a sudden stories of "my friend had a territory that..." and "my mates Falcon wouldn't..." are told after people hear or read about this and out of nowhere every Ford in existence is plagued with cruise control hiccups (exaggeration but that is my point).

While this is of course far from the truth it is just another example of how easily general news media can manipulate people. The sad truth is this will probably result in lost business for Ford.
That is the problem isn't it.....that muppets like thsi guy can intentionally or unintentionall undo billions of bucks in development, advertising and hard work.

Then again, i forsee this biting this guy firmly in the behind. ACA has alredy run a story basically acusing him of possible hoax.....when the insurance company and ford prove it to be just that, i think he will get a fair backlash. People may still be a bit concerned that things like this can/may happen, but it will ruin mr weir's credibility alot more then it will Ford's.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #152
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

You know, if this all happened within the space of a couple of kilometres I might have believed that panic could have overridden him to such a great extent that he 'tried' multiple ways to stop the vehicle in wide open free lanes before slamming on both the foot and hand brakes when faced with traffic.
Over 54km and what 30 odd minutes? well... _

I don't think we are ever going to know what really happened in that car, I don't think HE even knows what really went on, he has probably has himself so convinced of his story that he would swear on his life that it is the truth.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 02:56 AM   #153
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Milk I've heard this happen a few times, mainly with car mats creeping under the pedal and jamming it open. This happened to a member on here, and if I recall correctly, he simply put his car into Neutral and pulled over.

Well with that in mind I move my opinion to this bloke being a complete Wally. He probably panicked and just didn't think to try the gearstick or the key. Can't say I blame him for that, but to lie about it.
Happened to me on an FG XR6 Turbo ute with BF mats (incorrect size).

WOT got stuck on a highway onramp....

Let's just say the carpet mat very suddenly disappeared from view....