Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #151
t2te50
Banned

Just whack a NASCAR block in it and you've got the car to end all cars.
Mate I wouldn't have even bothered entering a fraud dealer.
Old 13-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #152
gtfpv
GT

CANT BELIEVE THIS THREAD . congrats to BLOHSV. NICE CAR.

personally, when i drive the GT , i love it , when i see another on the road , i turn my head, i also do this with , xr8s, ss ve commies , and anything HSV. I'D DRIVE THEM ALL IN A HEARTBEAT.
what gets me here though with all these baggers. all these cars are putting out more power and torque then ever before , and people are calling them crap. the interiors and ride , brakes and handling, are far superior than any ford or holden more than 5 years old , atleast 2 fold. does that mean anything over 3 years old should be crushed. seriously guys grow up.

BLO HSV , i'd like to know the buying experiance. did FORD/FPV fail in customer service over holden . as far as test drives , dealer info, price etc etc. or was it all based on the car only.

myself purchased 2 new fords, both times i never walked into enemy territory, nor did i bother test driving a 6. thesedays i would definately drive many variants before purchase. the car i would now buy , as a daily driver ( as i like performance cars , in the garage , spotless for weekends only ) is a new NA BF II XR6 AUTO 6SPD with premium sound. as standard @ $39 990.

quite differant to all the bull sh it bagging going on about ugliness and crap power from the highest performing V8'S in australian history. to put it into perspective.
Old 13-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #153
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOHSV
Who cares i have the best of both worlds
How many of you can say that??

he has the money to buy what ever he want's ... so what he bought a holden? he saw it as a superior vehicle to the GT-P, many of you that are bagging him own E-series' ... u don't hear us bagging you? .. it's each to their own .. you're treating him as though he's been selling our countries intelligence to Korea or something ...

i'm dissapointed in you who are digging at him ... i would have thought that Ford Owners would have the class and taste to appreciate a beautiful/better car ... obviously not!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #154
manny_papa
disco time !!!

nice car mate, love the back end of the GTS, hopefully you get rid of it when orion comes ;) jokes, hopefully you can drive the gts as it asks to be, its sad to see old blokes (sorry to the oldies) drive like they are behind the wheel of a charade. GIVE THE THING A HIT (not speeding but make some sort of sound ffs) maybe its just a sydney thing...

have fun!
Old 13-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #155
windsor xxww
Banned

still one of the fugliest car i have ever layed eyes on,hopfully the recalls and problems with the ve's wont affect you.they have even had problems with the paint on them already,good luck and keep us posted.
Old 13-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #156
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2te50
Just whack a NASCAR block in it and you've got the car to end all cars.
Mate I wouldn't have even bothered entering a fraud dealer.
Said by the man with tinfoil for a block

BTW blohsv,nice car,love the colour..
Old 13-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #157
MeLLy

I personally think that holden does look better than their basic model but everycar is leaning towards the mitsubishi 380 look or the mazda look and its not a good thing.

B**** with Boost
Old 13-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #158
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

BLO HSV nice car mate...
Old 13-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #159
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLLy
I personally think that holden does look better than their basic model but everycar is leaning towards the mitsubishi 380 look or the mazda look and its not a good thing.
You have got to be crapping me right?

Have you seen a Omega let alone driven one?

On the outside you get a fugly chunky white car with plastic hubcaps it's the ugliest car in the work parking lot.

Inside you get tack styling and chunky pillars which means you can't see .

Whe you drive you get a strange whining noise (apparently it's called a V6) which is so bad the cars were taken back to the dealer because the boss thought they were broken.

Holden have always shat over their sixes it's what they do.

They put a huge effort into their top range SS's and Caprices so people will lap up their crappy base models like there is no tomorrow.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #160
t2te50
Banned

BA-BF

FAULTS:
-Build quality laughable
-weight distribution "Whats that asks ford engineer".
Anyone pay any attention to the positioning of the LS2? mostly behind front track and very low centre of gravity.
-Cheap crap rear suspension that went backwards from AU. I WANT DOUBLE WISHBONE!!!!!!
-Cheap hard plastics with EL CHEAPO roof lining.

I'm never buying another falcon or new car for that matter ever again! Orion will have to be something special to change my point of view.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #161
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
BA-BF

FAULTS:
-Build quality laughable
Anyone pay any attention to the positioning of the LS2? mostly behind front track and very low centre of gravity.
-Cheap crap rear suspension that went backwards from AU. I WANT DOUBLE WISHBONE!!!!!!

I'm never buying another falcon or new car for that matter ever again! Orion will have to be something special to change my point of view.

then a MAZDA is for you my friend just dont come here and bore us when you buy one , :
Old 13-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #162
Ford_V8

Wow, that looks great. There's a black one that gets around Doncaster a fair bit, usually WOT, one of the meanest sounding cars around. Any chance of a video or sound clip?
Old 13-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #163
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Nice car mate. I like the look of em.
Jealousy is a curse.

(151 posts to go till i'm worthy)
Old 13-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #164
VIBEBA
huh???

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOHSV
at the end of the day when you spend that amount of money you buy the better car which i believe the ve gts is at this point.so if ford built a s***t box you will go and buy it, to me that is pathetic.just because i purchased a ve gts dosent mean i am not loyal.I still love my fords.
Im a loyal ford man but if i had the opputunity to own one of these i would maybe only for a short time also like you said it comes down to choices good on you for making a smart one based on your thoughts not your feelings..... anyway any ford lover knows that fpv are gunna come out with some new monsters soon just wait and see

Last edited by grubsta; 13-08-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 13-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #165
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome car mate, congrats and happy motoring!!.

If i was in the market for a new car, i would definatly be getting a VE HSV GTS, in black lol, and then straight to DPC for some special attension.

I will look out for you, as ive seen your ute around the northern subs, and keep us updated on how it all goes, also, a sound file would be nice, they sound awesome for a stock car.

cheers, phil.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #166
Super Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmania
You guys are all pathetic. You are either Ford or Holden, not both. You don't change football teams whenever it suits you. I doubt you will get Holden People bragging about buying a Ford. FORD ALL THE WAY.... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LOYALTY.. DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE by the looks of it
If Ford are not building it, that's a sale that they have lost. It is as simple as that.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #167
manny_papa
disco time !!!

loyalty was thrown out when ford/holden tried to save money.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #168
BadMac
I still have both eyes

First up great car, love the GTS and Nickel has really grown on me.

Second, I am what a poster refered to as a swinger (or swing voter). AU versus VX bought a VX SS. VY versus BA bought a XR6T, BF versus VE, I drove 3 F6's, but couldn't get over that 5+ year old AU C pillar, the low spec centre console and the rear (doors, entry and space). I really loved the F6 engine and the ZF box. I test drove the VE and my comment to the salesman was "I should never have driven that car". I wrote out the deposit cheque right there and took dleivery 2 weeks later. The R8 is stunning (not quite a GTS though, but $11k cheaper), yeah the A6 in sports mode takes some getting used too, but in just normal auto mode (the way 99% of VE buyers will drive it, is great and just as good as ZF). Oh then to round out the package I got a BF XR6 as a company car (on lease), so I feel well qualified to comment, even though I don't have 500 posts!

The great thing about not being brand loyal is you get to have the best car each time, rather than waiting for Ford to catchup so you can have a great car again. Don't worry I'll be trying the Orion and from what I see so far I suspect Ford will score +2 (a sale for Ford and a loss for Holden).

As for the maturity level, on LS1 a few months back there was a fairly long thread from a guy with a F6 (I think hes a member here as well), the comments would have been 95% supportive to strongly supportive with 5% (the VL/VN/VP/VS class) of tools making immature statements. Its good to see in the main most people here can appreciate the car or at least the decision to spend your own hard earned money in the way you see fit.

And be careful with 22" wheels, the VE looks over tyred with the 22's, If you want I can post a number of pics for you to compare (or PM me your email and I will send them if you prefer). I have seen some really nice wide lip 20" which looked the goods, but those GTS mags are right up with the F6 19", I think they are the best design around at present, if you do decide to swap, the GTS rims are selling at a high premium at present ($4-4.5k).

Anyway, enjoy, you will start finding excuses to drive the car soon "just going to get some bread dear, be back before daybreak". I have put 25,000KM on in just 6 months, can't stop driving it and it loves a real thrash.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #169
freaky

nice car !

you did the right thing, bugger loyalty. You bought the better car on the market at this point in time.

Enjoy it ! Stuff what others think, as long as your happy
Old 13-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #170
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

And you want us to be sorry for you ????
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 13-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #171
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
BA-BF

FAULTS:
-Build quality laughable

-ford recently performed better the holden in a Survey regarding quality
-Weight distribution is effected buy some (not all) HSV drivers egos..
-Control blade seems to be heaps better from what i have heard.
-I find the plastis in the falcon nice and warm to touch, and are durable, same goes for hoodlining. (my job sees a few cars aswell....)

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #172
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Or a 190 kw for that matter.....I checked the average speed on the trip comp of my BA N/A over the weekend since last reset 6 mths ago....average speed?....39 km/h.

Beginning to question my thinking of wanting to do performance mods in these circumstances....Maybe I'm just gettin' too old !

Pfffffft.............I'm the same.............37Klmh.............Its a joke isn't it...........

I'm hoping my drive day will be a REAL opportunity to unleash the GT........
Modifications are awesome fun when you get the constant opportunity to fully exploit them.............otherwise its just a waste of $$$

I'm still labouring over whether I should buy headers for the GT ?????
Will make me get to the next set of traffic lights 1/10 quicker I suppose...LOL
Maybe I'm getting too old as well............NAH...........NEVER........

I love the GT..........Best and Toughset looking car on the road at the moment. I also like the look of the HSV cars..........Dynamically there is no difference at all when you are doing 37Klmh in traffic...........

If the Leapfrogging ORION comes out with 320Kw.........It'll be bragging rights only.........Most "commentators" here will see it as a means to justify the Blue Oval badge on the "lesser" vehicles they are driving............How many here will go out and SUPPORT the BLUE oval by parting with 65 - 70K for the new ORION FPV GT ????????? How many of us here will ever get to exploit the cars full potential SAFELY on the street.............Hell, the current FPV crop will do 240 - 250KLM H Top ends easily before the REV Limiter cuts in.

Both cars are FAST, Both cars look great, both cars attract the same level of criticism and passion...........from within and from outside of their relative camps............That's life............makes things interesting.

FOR THE RECORD............I've THRASHED many a VE R8 in traffic light brawls merely by sticking in the faster flowing lane....................
Old 13-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #173
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any videos of the idle champ? perhaps a rev or two? i wanna here the beast
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 13-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #174
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
any videos of the idle champ? perhaps a rev or two? i wanna here the beast
Have done any of that yet but when i get a chance i will post it up.cheers
Old 13-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #175
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_V8
Wow, that looks great. There's a black one that gets around Doncaster a fair bit, usually WOT, one of the meanest sounding cars around. Any chance of a video or sound clip?

I know that one...DRKVDR... comes into the dealer where i work(not holden, ford or m-b) and is loud as feck...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 13-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #176
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Very nice purchase BLO. Congrats. I'm sure you're enjoying it. I personally would have gone the GTP but still, I'm jealous! I guess at the end of the day, you've got to get your money's worth and if a Holden gave you that then that's all that matters. I actually switched to Ford from Holden because I felt I was getting more for my money with the Ford. Anyway, it looks great. Nice colour choice too.

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 14-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #177
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
BA-BF

FAULTS:
-Build quality laughable

AU-

-Uglyess falcon ever made.
-One of the worst selling falcons ever.
-Melted rear end.
-Cheese shredding front grill(series 1)
-Usually seen sporting 3 hubcaps because the owner doesnt no or care that the fourth one has fallen of.
-Disaster for ford australia financialy and almost sent them broke.

BA/BF

Best looking falcon in years and from my experience very reliable,saviour of ford australia financialy.
Old 14-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #178
tex
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
The world has plenty of knobs in it so it makes sense that some will be on here also. I would hazard a guess that most of the negatives are still living at home with mummy and daddy and the closest they will ever get to driving an FPV or HSV will be pretending with a plastic steering wheel in the back seat while mummy or daddy drives them to play group :->

Real car enthusiasts are not that brand specific apart from some winding each other up at the pub or whatever in jest. Most car enthusiasts respect each others efforts with cars etc. and can see the bigger picture.

I once went to a car show run by a long running and very large Ford Club that had more than 300 entrants in the show from all brands. I went with a Valiant and won the Best Aussie Muscle Car Trophy that day! How's that for a sense of fair play among brother car enthusiasts...
Hit the nail on the head there !

Have nots chopping down the haves. Australia is full of em, instead of being healthily envious / holding aspirations to achieve similar 'rewards' in life, they find it more rewarding to can people with more.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 14-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #179
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

EL: GOOD
AU: BAD
BA: GOOD
BF: SAME STUFF
Orion: Looking forward to it

i owned 1 au... and it was a pile of crap,
Old 14-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #180
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilracer_01
Isnt there a Holden Forum this rubbish can be posted on???
Where are all the spare eyes kept around here I wonder...

Must be hard with only 3 brain cells..

Craig
Closed Thread