Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #151
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Can some one clear this up. the charger in Fast and the furious was a
the car is a 69 charger with a '70 front with a 392 (rather then a 426) hemi?

Does this sound right? had a look at the picks and the motor looks like a 392...and thats weird...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #152
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Another vote for Bullitt, The Blues Brothers and the original Gone in 60 Seconds.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #153
HQ2VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mooch
Hey guys
How about the car chase in The Blues Brothers.
The best stuff is in the Shopping Mall with all the cop cars crashing through the shops.
"New Oldsmobiles are in early this Year".

Mooch

yep, the car chase in The Blues Brothers is up there too!!
HQ2VY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #154
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Has got to be Ronin Hands down, with a handfull of big fast Euro's, Audi S8, Mercedes 450SEL 6.9, BMW M5 etc, absolutely brilliant, especially the chase in the middle through those extremely narrow lanes in Nice. Great stuff.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #155
efI_Fairmont

Another vote for Ronin, quite a few decent car chases in that movie.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #156
Bent8
Long live the GT !

The original Gone in 60 Seconds had some great chase scenes. That movie was produced on a very tight budget and the guy driving Eleanor also directed it!

In this youtube video at 1:12, the scene where the Mustang hits a telephone pole was a REAL accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QsiM93B6c4

Movie production was halted while the driver recovered and they continued shooting when he got out of hospital !!

Here's another movie fact from Wikipedia...

"In one scene at the construction area where the Mustang has been surrounded, a patrol car roars up a hill in pursuit and overturns. This was a real accident, and the officer inside was nearly crushed when the siren "can" on the roof caved the roof in. The scene was left in."

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #157
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

The first 10 minutes of Mad Max
The entire Blues Brothers
And now my new favorite .... Death Proof. Just brilliant the movie and the 20 minute at the end.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #158
GTP290

dont know if it has been mentioned but there was a good scene in the movie "Christine" were the plymouth follows a camaro into a service station and T bones it, then reverses out and swings the Camaro away, then the whole servo goes up in flames aswell, pretty realistic scene!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #159
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Bullitt

The original Gone in 60 seconds - Held the record for the most cars wrecked in a movie till -

Blues Brothers

Mad Max 1

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #160
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 for matrix revolutions
+1 for gone in 60 secs new one
+1 for bad boys 1
+1 for blues brothers
+1 for transformers movie chase fight chase etc I liked it

there is so many good ones its hard to pick "the best"

even the dark knight has a decent one in it when he cops the rocket in his batmobile don't really want to give that away in case some havn't seen it those that have you know what I am talking about I hope

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #161
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have not seen too many films.

The only car chase I've ever seen is in The Matrix, and Gone in 60 Seconds.

I liked Troy McClure (as a hippie) in the Volkswagen though. "There's more than one way to get high, baby!"

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #162
robsXR
Starter Motor

What about the truck in death race that was pretty funny
robsXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #163
v8boss

Shaker run. Hard to follow plot about 2 americans living/working as stuntmen in NZ driving a pink tranz am. Has a really good chase scene at the end between the tranz am and a V8 capri. Very 80's very cool.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #164
Poidevin

Dead Pool. When Clint Eastwood has a car chase with a remote control toy car that has explosives strapped to it, easily one of the best car chases of all time.
Poidevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #165
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
The first 10 minutes of Mad Max
The entire Blues Brothers
And now my new favorite .... Death Proof. Just brilliant the movie and the 20 minute at the end.
Yeah, awesome movie!
My mate and I decided by the end that the director has a foot fetish, did you see the amount of scenes with feet in them?!
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #166
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got sent this the other day....
According to The Australian, guess which one is nbr one without scrolling to the bottom???

20: THE DARK KNIGHT
Considering that the Batmobile is Batman's best-known asset, it's a surprise there aren't more car chases in the Caped Crusader's canon. That's something Christopher Nolan has attempted to redress, with a breathless freeway pursuit in Batman Begins and this relentless rolling battle from The Dark Knight. Having the mortally stricken Tumbler disgorge a combat motorcycle before it self-destructs is a masterstroke.

19: WHO AM I?
Best known for his fearless physical stunts in a long series of light-hearted chopsocky movies, Jackie Chan here puts his signature twist on the car chase. The principal innovation is the employment of loose gravel as a weapon.

18: FREEBIE AND THE BEAN
One of countless 1970s cop dramas characterised by squealing tyres and automotive destruction, Freebie and the Bean deserves a mention for the Bean's sheer good sense. How many other hard-driving American cops had the foresight to bring a helmet along in case of a high-speed pursuit?

17: TAXI
The only foreign language film on our countdown but the international language of fearless stunt work is understood in any country with more than 100m of tarmac. If you've only seen the Hollywood remake, you haven't seen Taxi.

16: THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
The Fast and the Furious is a film franchise that exists purely to house some of the most irresponsible driving stunts in cinema. It's hard to pick one example from a franchise that consistently does the same thing over and over again so very well, but most fans of the series will always have a soft spot for the first movie.

15: TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA
Director William Friedkin's unabashed attempt to match the high-octane thrills of his earlier French Connection, To Live and Die in LA is a brilliant but almost forgotten cop thriller from the 1980s that is ripe for rediscovery.

14: THE CANNONBALL RUN
No mention of the art of high-speed entertainment would be complete without a mention of Burt Reynolds. Grinning genially as he taunted hapless law enforcement officers, he epitomised that last hurrah of old fashioned irresponsibility in a world increasingly dominated by the safe and sensible.

13: GONE IN 60 SECONDS
The original Gone in 60 Seconds didn't have a car chase. It was a car chase. A labour of love for director-star H.B. Halicki, it had practically no dialogue, just a general story outline draped over a number of automotive set pieces.

12: McQ
In the car-chase crazy '70s even John Wayne was a tough, uncompromising cop in an ugly car. The Duke traded in his horse for a Plymouth Belvedere and called on the services of stuntman Hal Needham. The central chase was innovative for taking place on a beach and featuring the first staged rollover of a car in movies.

11: THE MATRIX RELOADED
Computer-generated effects are generally considered to be the poor relation when it comes to car chases but this seamless blend of CGI and practical effects filmed on a specially constructed loop of three-lane highway is a masterclass in how to combine digital trickery with old-fashioned petrolhead derring-do. General Motors lent 300 vehicles to the Wachowski brothers for this sequence. None survived.

10: QUANTUM OF SOLACE
The Man With the Golden Gun and Thunderball were considered for this list but variety is the spice of life, so we settled on just one example from the rich Bond heritage: the adrenalin-soaked opening sequence of Quantum of Solace features Daniel Craig transporting a criminal mastermind from Lake Garda to Siena while pursued by agents of the Quantum organisation. It's a thrilling lesson in how to capture the sheer danger of high-speed driving and show it to people who are far too sensible to do it themselves.

9: TERMINATOR 2
Not strictly a car chase but a movie that is essentially one long chase from start to finish, employing trucks, motorcycles, cars and plain old-fashioned running. It all climaxes with this sequence in which a helicopter chases a van underneath a flyover before all the principals change vehicles and start again. Could not be ignored.

8: VANISHING POINT
A slight plot involving a hopped-up car delivery driver and a reckless bet supports a manic chase from Denver to San Francisco. The movie hasn't dated well but traces of its nihilistic destructive glee can be detected in modern genre movies such as Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof.

7: THE BLUES BROTHERS
Featuring what must surely be the first indoor car chase, The Blues Brothers is one long destruction derby. The movie is distinguished also by some of the most comical bickering in car chase history.

6: RONIN
Combining dauntless seat-of-the-pants driving with an omniscient computer controller and some neat bazooka sunroof work, Ronin has one of the most admired movie car chases of the modern era. It manages to incorporate genuinely high speeds, some classic market stall destruction and a devil-may-care approach to roadworks.

5: MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR
Mad Max was a hugely influential movie, spawning an entire post-apocalyptic aesthetic that still crops up. The climactic chase - in which an army of bikers pursues Max across the Australian desert to obtain some of the last petrol left on earth - is one of the great set pieces of action cinema.

4: THE BOURNE IDENTITY
Jason Bourne is a skilled defensive (and occasionally offensive) driver. The Bourne series features more than one breathtaking passenger's-eye view though busy city traffic, but the amnesiac killing machine's deliciously irresponsible employment of a Mini Cooper in The Bourne Identity is probably his most memorable.

3: FRENCH CONNECTION
A career-defining role for Gene Hackman, who might otherwise be remembered as the comedy villain in the Superman movies, The French Connection improved on its true life source material with the addition of a high-speed car-v-train chase though the streets of Brooklyn. The French Connection is a true one-off.

2: THE ITALIAN JOB
The centrepiece of the film is the exuberantly silly pursuit out of Turin, featuring plucky Minis demonstrating their essential superiority over laughable Italian cars. Michael Caine shows the Yanks that when Brits want to drive like maniacs though a sewer system, they can.

1: BULLITT
Undeniably the ultimate car chase. Bullitt got everything right: it had an inspired choice of location, which allowed suspension-punishing jumps as well as tight cornering and raw speed. Most of all, it had Steve McQueen, quite evidently driving the car in even the most dangerous shots and projecting an icy determination to get the job done.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #167
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Maybe you could call it a kind of prequel to the nuclear-wasted story of Mad Max!
WTF?
Nuclear waste story of Mad Max? Have you watched the movies? They have nothing to do with nuclear waste or any other form of power or chemicals other than Petrol/Diesel in MM2..
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #168
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry and that 440 hemi charger....nice
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #169
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
WTF?
Nuclear waste story of Mad Max? Have you watched the movies? They have nothing to do with nuclear waste or any other form of power or chemicals other than Petrol/Diesel in MM2..
In MM3 they do make reference when a seller in bartertown comes up to max selling water. Max pulls out a radiation-meter thing?? (i don't know what you call them). and the reading goes haywire. The seller response with "Whats wrong with a little fallout?"

Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #170
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

im surprised no one has mentioned American Graffitti!!!..... end result a " yellow n puke green" yellow Ford 32 5 window coupe v 55 chev driven by harrison ford in a drag race after a night of shinanigans before they all go off to collage

the cop car scene with the wire rope attached to the diff and a pole was recreated by the mythbuster boys too ;)

i 2nd "christine".... love when she chasin the fat kid and she forces herself into a forklift bay.... kinda like a self sacrifice to sacrifice the kid... gold... good camera effects in that movie too.... no CGI then.... be interesting to see a remake tho and have it more like the book IMO

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #171
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
In MM3 they do make reference when a seller in bartertown comes up to max selling water. Max pulls out a radiation-meter thing?? (i don't know what you call them). and the reading goes haywire. The seller response with "Whats wrong with a little fallout?"
MM2 and 3 are based In a war torn post-apocalyptic world. And I always assumed it was a good ol' nuclear apocalypse....

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #172
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipper
Metal Skin Totally crap movie, but great car chase at the end - Blown Charger V Nascar. Great sound, plenty of blower whine and screaming small blocks.
My choice ordinary movie but great chase
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #173
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another car movie I havn't seen mentioned is the California Kid. I remember watching it many years ago as a kid.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #174
jonesy_87_

I'd have to say Bad Boys 2 is up there on my favourites - Highway scene with the Ferrari chasing the semi.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #175
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I quite like the car chase in “The Chain Reaction”, a 1980’s Australian move co-produced by George Miller (of Mad Max fame). It even has Steve Bisley (Goose) and Mel Gibson (as a cameo).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080513/
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #176
homegrown
hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry and that 440 hemi charger....nice
"It takes a Hemi to catch a Hemi"
What a great movie.
Old 13-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #177
axeray

No doubt, Blues Brothers
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #178
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

There has been some great car chases listed in this thread but the are a couple I can just remember from the early 70's
1. "Fear is the Key" with Barry Newman
2. "Casse, Le" with Omar Sharif

From memory they both had good car chases but it was a fair while ago
Old 13-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #179
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
"It takes a Hemi to catch a Hemi"
What a great movie.
I don't recall Dirty Mary, Crazy Harry well but I'm pretty sure the line you quoated is from the remake of Vanishing Point.

When the cop climbs into his black charger to chase down the white challenger he quotes:

"It takes a MOPAR to catch a MOPAR" eventurally he rolls the charger. Very heartbreaking scene.

I think anouther movie worth mentioning is "The last Ride" Sure it was an american tv movie produced to help sell the new s&$#box gto. But it also featured a 96 GTO "Judge". Broke my heart when he drove it off a cliff, should have been the new one that went over.

Old 13-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #180
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Driver with Ryan O'Neil is the best and nothing else comes close to this....came out around 1977 ...If anyone knows where I can get this on DVD I'd pay a months wages....Just can't seem to find it anywhere
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post