Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #151
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Aussie
If i said the VS was a completely different car too the VN would you agree?
"Catch up" Ignore tom gorman and that thing that runs holden, Look in deep, The only thing that everyone says keeps the cars close is the drivetrain in the 6's. When it comes too the V6 i still don't know what many have too complain about, It's not the same loud sounding engine from the VZ, It's been given a go over too keep the noise down, It's got good power and moves fairly qwick. The 5 speed tranny is a good shifter the 6 speed might have tall gear issues.
But i think more go for the 6 speed still. It's decant on fuel it's better then it was and it's much heavier then the VZ, If it was the same weight as the VZ it might have superb economy. Even if holden use crate engine there will always be development money spent there.
You could be cruel and say the BA was the catch up car also, It really came ahead too leave the AU in the past.

Aussies **** on the rest i think when it comes too affordable performance cars.

You would be shocked at how hard it is too fit VS parts on a VP.
Say if you wanted a VS front, Harder then you think they sit higher and the bumper is closer too the grill, The ecotec engine was a taller motor and needed more room, A Ecotec engine only just fits under a VN-VP bonnet, But them guards theres the reinforcements that need too be changed and the bonnet hinges need moving it's more a pain then super hard too do. You got the money it's done easy. The rear is the hard part which is why you see there older models doing the VS front and leave the rear the same.
Don't worry i have asked all these questions of late. I'm having a VP Calais dash fitted and as easy as it seems it's a auto elec job too rewire and ad a third plug for the digital lower readout.
I spoke too a friend from a wreckers about a IRS system for me, He did this --> :
But your right parts are made across the board, My model can take many VS parts, But it's the little ones that look easy too swap that are the hardest. Like head light switch VN-VP are so different that if VN switch is fitted too a VP it won't light the dash up. And they look the same and they both fit.

On the VE live span i got it slightly wrong as Fordoldie pointed out rightly, It seem they will do a body change and go along with the same IRS type set-up, Maybe cut down the series changes and change the body more.
Maybe like the new camry looks different but look harder and you see some of the old camry in it. Hard too pick with it's higher waistline.
I guess a better way to put it would be that VR is to VN what an EF is to ED.
Different body panels, revised engines, similar tranny, same suspension, same floorpan and chassis, different interiors inc dashboards.

Quote: