Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #151
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Final FPV sparks kilowatt controversy (GT-F vs GTS)

If your a local that isn't Holden you'll be run into the ground.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #152
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
ah so hang on, how can they have driven local manufacturers into the ground when they're Holden biased and rely on kick backs from Holden?

Cause it is so much better.

Well funnily enough they would drive them considering manufacturers give them long term cars to drive around in. Why would you own a daily driver when you're given a variety of them to drive around in?
Did you just try to stick up for wheels and motor......have you been living under a rock since probably the release of the AU falcon
Seriously.....it's even down to simple things like how many pages of nice pictures they devote to the Holden vs the ford. Have a look someday, some articles are so unbalanced they're clearly pandering to the masses......and not doing an ACTUALL test!!
6 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2014, 02:37 AM   #153
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no surprise re the chain reaction of lameness from 351kw. 351 cubes would've actually been special.
Old 15-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #154
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Something to read on the plane..thats about it.
Funny you should say that I bought the edition with GTF on the cover and accidentally left it in my seat pocket unread. So instead of me it is now lowering someone else's IQ.
Old 15-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #155
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
no surprise re the chain reaction of lameness from 351kw. 351 cubes would've actually been special.
We have a simple rule around here. Make statements like that and justify them with some logic and relevant to the threads topic. Treat us as semi intelligent Neanderthals That's a very good theory but is it backed up with real world experience of the vehicle and/or the GTS?
Old 15-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #156
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider
If your a local that isn't Holden you'll be run into the ground.
Complete an utter tripe and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Did you just try to stick up for wheels and motor......have you been living under a rock since probably the release of the AU falcon
Seriously.....it's even down to simple things like how many pages of nice pictures they devote to the Holden vs the ford. Have a look someday, some articles are so unbalanced they're clearly pandering to the masses......and not doing an ACTUALL test!!

I am not sticking up for anyone and have not been hiding under any rock, unlike some here.
So explain to me issues since the release of AU?
BA Falcon wins COTY (first in 40 years)
Territory wins COTY
Turbo ute wins BFYB
Focus is the bench mark handling hatchback
Fiesta is given continuous praise.
R Spec GT given praise.
T3 rated better than HSV.
XR6T driven through Europe with high praise

Some of you lot are a sad bunch that are so insecure and biased that you cannot see the forest for the trees. That any critical comments regarding Falcon are shot down immediately and the author labeled biased and anti Ford. When in actual fact the opposite in the case, just about journo has high praise for the Ford product (see Peter Robinson's long term test of Focus vs Cruze, 6 month test).
It might actually be the Falcon is the "weakest" product in the Ford range right now. The rest of the range are world class vehicles at the top of each of their respective markets.
Old 15-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #157
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some good points, and it's a multi-faceted issue which seems to always see Ford products dismissed unfairly. My point is that a large proportion of journos appear to poonce around, whilst missing the basic charm - not to mention technological advancements - of our home-grown vehicles, however overshadowed they may be, by dearer imports.
Being thoroughly happy with the FG, getting a lift in someone's Mazda CX-5 with tossy little 'conveniences' just shows me how easily pleased the bulk of car buyers are with gimmickry. It's just stuff BMW have had for a decade or so, anyway.
At least Top Gear give Aussie V8s a good serve and sing their praises for having substance where it counts, rather than knocking, knocking and more knocking....

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #158
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Funny you should say that I bought the edition with GTF on the cover and accidentally left it in my seat pocket unread. So instead of me it is now lowering someone else's IQ.
You don't need Wheels Mag to lower your IQ, this thread doing a stellar job of doing just that.

Dyno threads
6 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #159
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
We have a simple rule around here. Make statements like that and justify them with some logic and relevant to the threads topic. That's a very good theory but is it backed up with real world experience of the vehicle and/or the GTS?
We all know kw degrade as the engine ages (it's not a static figure) and that the 351 badge means cubes, which is exactly where that number came from in the first place and has been known for the last 40yrs. Why go and meddle with it and change it to kw? Sounds like skimping and a lack of heart to me. A 351/stroker would've been perfect.

Unfortunately it will sound like the love child of an XY and toyota Camry. Like all these modern V8's. Besides dare say it the holden ones (that although sound beasty do still have the tone pitch of a dried up camry in them). There's no lumps or bass to the bone idles anymore just rev crackling smooth idling crap!

I haven't seen the car yet but it would be pretty embarrassing if the last gt ever sounded any wimpier than a 347 stroker. Like all the other gt's over the last 10yrs, and this "351" motor is even smaller than the boss motor. I would feel embarrassed to drive around with a GT badge on it personally if it's going to sound like I imagine it's going to sound. Hopefully it can be stroked by other performance tuners and ford will be forgiven. Just my opinion.
Old 15-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #160
dragons90

The wimpy 5 liter that makes around the same power as a 6.2 liter running the same size supercharger that's also intercooled, real wimpy.
What good would a 351ci be if its still held back by the driveline, if they were going to spend the extra money it would be better spent on driveline and suspension so they can get rid of the torque reduction and use all the power it makes now.
Old 15-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #161
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We all know kw degrade as the engine ages (it's not a static figure) and that the 351 badge means cubes, which is exactly where that number came from in the first place and has been known for the last 40yrs. Why go and meddle with it and change it to kw? Sounds like skimping and a lack of heart to me. A 351/stroker would've been perfect.

Unfortunately it will sound like the love child of an XY and toyota Camry. Like all these modern V8's. Besides dare say it the holden ones (that although sound beasty do still have the tone pitch of a dried up camry in them). There's no lumps or bass to the bone idles anymore just rev crackling smooth idling crap!

I haven't seen the car yet but it would be pretty embarrassing if the last gt ever sounded any wimpier than a 347 stroker. Like all the other gt's over the last 10yrs, and this "351" motor is even smaller than the boss motor. I would feel embarrassed to drive around with a GT badge on it personally if it's going to sound like I imagine it's going to sound. Hopefully it can be stroked by other performance tuners and ford will be forgiven. Just my opinion.
So this sounds wimpy does it? Sounds pretty good to me, for a factory fitted exhaust...

http://youtu.be/noMJRuQri20

I have never once felt embarrassed driving my GT...just sayin'
4 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #162
mutanti
Turbo

Several Years ago there a A Ford Forums Dyno Day at the Autotechnique Business from the First page in this post, I took My BA XR6 there... Had both Fords and Holdens there that Day.... I dont believe the owner would be giving false Information re Fords & Holdens.. The Owner Seemed Like a Down to Earth Guy to me.
Old 15-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #163
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:

The Miami V8 sounds great for it's cubic capacity...

Just imagine if Ford had the funding to import the 5.8L motor from the GT500, 355ci but who's counting, bung that sucker under the hood of a GT, strengthen the driveline/firewall and then watch it dyno 430rwkw plus and completely blow away anything the GTS can throw at it !

I guess the HSV got off easy this time around..

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #164
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
The Miami V8 sounds great for it's cubic capacity...

Just imagine if Ford had the funding to import the 5.8L motor from the GT500, 355ci but who's counting, bung that sucker under the hood of a GT, strengthen the driveline/firewall and then watch it dyno 430rwkw plus and completely blow away anything the GTS can throw at it !

I guess the HSV got off easy this time around..
BAGT514 is doing exactly this i believe...
Old 16-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #165
Taily

Quote:

I suppose you'd like it to pig root and overheat in traffic, constantly stall and chronic vapour lock on a hot day when left idling too long, have a clutch ('coz autos are for girly men) that only yourself and Arnold the Swartz would feel was light, brakes and suspension that were marginal at best, deafening the occupants and anyone within 30 feet of the thing at idle through shops or a narrow street, airconditioning and power steer? - nah, that's for mummy's boys and hairdressers isn't it?

Speaking from my own experience like most of my mates back in the late 80's got hold of a XY (or two or three - what the hell was I thinking?) and built our own HO specced clevo etc. Lots of people can appreciate 650+ thou lift and 12.5:1 comp, making deep baritone angel pharts out through massive 4V heads and 2.5-3 inch dual exhausts but not many can or will live with it for long, especially if it is their daily drive.

Some things are best left in that past, besides - they weren't building a GTHO and they said as such. I dig where you're coming from but those days are gone for a very good reason...
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #166
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
We all know kw degrade as the engine ages (it's not a static figure) and that the 351 badge means cubes, which is exactly where that number came from in the first place and has been known for the last 40yrs. Why go and meddle with it and change it to kw? ..........
I agree. Could not understand using the iconic 351 name as KW instead of cubes

KW's will always change - hot air, cold air, fuel quality, engine age, etc. Cubes remain constant.
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
Old 16-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #167
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:

That is a caveman approach to the new GT.

The facts are that even a stock Toyota Aurion would make minced meat of the XY "old 351 GT" in any performance test you choose. Id be embarrassed chugging away in an old GT today as people would just punch past you on the highway at their leisure.

The new GT, the final GT is a blockbuster of a performance car, holds its own against the best performance cars (as did the 351 GT back in 71), but times have moved on, the cars are far far better now, even an Aurion has towering performance compared to the old cars. Things have evolved. The new GT is great.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #168
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
So this sounds wimpy does it? Sounds pretty good to me, for a factory fitted exhaust...

http://youtu.be/noMJRuQri20

I have never once felt embarrassed driving my GT...just sayin'
The only time I'm embarrassed driving mine is when I take off from the lights at light throttle, and by the time I hit the speed limit, I'm 10 to 20 car lengths in front of the next car/s in line. That easy power is embarrassing alright.....

Oh, and it comes with a sensational sound too (expecially with the X-force fitted). And great brakes - 20 pots of braking goodness means she stops faster than she goes. Suspension is fairly good too - haven't found a suburban street or highway yet that the car doesn't feel great on....

Yep, it's embarrassing.....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
3 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #169
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post

The facts are that even a stock Toyota Aurion would make minced meat of the XY "old 351 GT" in any performance test you choose. Id be embarrassed chugging away in an old GT today as people would just punch past you on the highway at their leisure.

The new GT, the final GT is a blockbuster of a performance car, holds its own against the best performance cars (as did the 351 GT back in 71), but times have moved on, the cars are far far better now, even an Aurion has towering performance compared to the old cars. Things have evolved. The new GT is great.
I know what you're saying... but I'll take one of these any day, even in the condition it's in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kpEmcuYXak

Maybe even this one, though it has been modified - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4zjIbdQ0RQ
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
Old 16-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #170
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The facts are that even a stock Toyota Aurion would make minced meat of the XY "old 351 GT"
Really?

Toyata Aurion does a quarter mile run in 15.5sec, my stock XY GT did it in 14.6.....that would only about 8 to 10 car lengths ahead of the Aurion at the finish.

You need to get out more, my stock XY had a whole lot more useable power than my 302 BF GT, it's called torque, as opposed you just talk. I have not run my BF on the track, but my bet is flat 14s, maybe....so not a huge improvement in 45 years.

And yes it is sooo embaressing driving an XY GT when a Camry is driving next to me.

Last edited by Stefan; 16-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 16-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #171
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:

That's a stupid opinion and you're an idiot. Just my opinion.

Quote:
So are you.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
9 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #172
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
So are you.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha ****en BANG!
Old 16-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #173
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can we please keep the Toyota Camry out of this Thread?
Old 16-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #174
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:

Coming from the most disliked,stupidest comments, and most unhelpful guy on aff,EVER!
Do everyone a favour and just leave,dont change your name 4 times,just leave for good!
Old 16-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #175
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So are you.
There's a big difference between GT and 351 GT.. I'd feel pretty embarrassed driving something that sounds wimpier than a 3.9 I6 when it's meant to represent the iconic car that won bathurst. I'd love any GT and would feel proud driving it but this one. but also accept an E-B series GT is essentially a luxury pack with non mediocre brakes (for the record the sprint had a more powerful motor) they were never meant to be compared to the 351's.. and even calling these models GT's would irk some die hard some ford fans. The way they're marketing this is quite silly... so if they want to revive the 351 badge and slap it on the bonnet prepare to be laughed at. It's a bit different than just calling it a GT they decided to open a can of worms by detrimenting the greatness that the 351 badge represented. One last marketing grab, can't blame them I guess but you can blame Ford be being unpatriotic. Not me. They're the ones thatcherizing/deculturing the reputation of the 351 GT. Thanks ford we now have our very own chev badge.. all the holden bogans are going to have a field day on that one!

You really can't bag chev badges anymore on chev engines if you have no problem with a 351 badge on a eurofied v8 that purrs like a kitten!

This is how they're meant to sound if you've never heard the early GT's before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxd8IzHEqs

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 16-07-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 16-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #176
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
There's a big difference between GT and 351 GT.. I'd feel pretty embarrassed driving something that sounds wimpier than a 3.9 I6 when it's meant to represent the iconic car that won bathurst. I'd love any GT and would feel proud driving it but this one. but also accept an E-B series GT is essentially a luxury pack with non mediocre brakes (for the record the sprint had a more powerful motor) they were never meant to be compared to the 351's.. and even calling these models GT's would irk some die hard some ford fans. The way they're marketing this is quite silly... so if they want to revive the 351 badge and slap it on the bonnet prepare to be laughed at. It's a bit different than just calling it a GT they decided to open a can of worms by detrimenting the greatness that the 351 badge represented. One last marketing grab, can't blame them I guess but you can blame Ford be being unpatriotic. Not me. They're the ones thatcherizing/deculturing the reputation of the 351 GT. Thanks ford we now have our very own chev badge.. the holden fella's will have a field day for the next decade.

You really can't bag chev badges anymore on chev engines if you have no problem with a 351 badge on a eurofied v8 that purrs like a kitten!

This is how they're meant to sound if you've never heard the early GT's before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxd8IzHEqs
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
6 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #177
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Did you buy one lol?
Old 16-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #178
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's a bit different than just calling it a GT they decided to open a can of worms by
detrimenting
the greatness that the 351 badge represented.
maybe you meant "damaging or harming"..
Old 16-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #179
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha these comments are a joke, trying to compare a 1971 GT with a 2014 GT is ridiculous. The GTF was meant to pay homage to over 4 decades of GT falcons, NOT try and replicate a plus 40 year old car.

Get over yourselves thinking the GTF is some sort of insult to Ford fans. Is the GTS an insult to HG or HK Monaro owners?

idiots
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #180
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Then call it GT-F....

351 represents when they actually became GT's (they were'nt famous before that reputation turned them into a muscle car). Calling it 351 is a direct reference/tribute to 1970.. not 4 decades of GT falcons. Maybe you would consider removing the passenger mirror as homage to 4 decades as well... please. 351 = specifically that 1970 era.

GT-F (final) is the perfect badge to pay homeage to over 4 decades of GT falcons i would think..

The only idiots I see are the ones who think that badge is entitled to be on this car.