Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #151
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
For me, this seems what triggered it. Questioning the integrity of Drive.com and their tests etc. If you push, you will more than likely get pushed back, especially in business. And this IS business.

I also dont think we should forget about that supreme and aggressive beast that is the Holden Marketing Team. They have outwitted Ford for many years now and i wouldn't underestimate them.
I sure am hoping the GM Holden arrogance has bitten them. Perhaps Ford can now get a fair run in the media. Dreaming, i know.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #152
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
I sure am hoping the GM Holden arrogance has bitten them. Perhaps Ford can now get a fair run in the media. Dreaming, i know.
I don't think Ford need a fair run in the media. If Ford continue impressing the right people/media the quality of their products will sell themselves. Holden and Toyota are like what McDonalds is for health food; Britney Spears is for entertainment and Coke is for an uplifting drink. All are garbage yet spend millions of dollars on marketing and advertising attempting to convince the public otherwise.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #153
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

The public are stupid sheep and marketing works.

If you want to win, you've got to play the game.

While it's been nice for idiots to be kept out of Fords by natural selection, if Ford doesn't sell more Falcons they'll be scrapped sooner or later - or worse badge engineered Tauruses (Tauri?).

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #154
Chopped
as in chopped

This is brilliant, the Evil Motoring Media have switched sides and are now bagging Holden for any little thing - and Ford can now do no wrong - Awesome result.

See a result you like "must be correct / great review"

See a result you don't like "must be a flawed test"

All of the forums school children quotes / crying about media bashing of Ford can now stop (forum credibility can return) as it seems Ford must now sponsor the media as the results are now going Fords way! (poking a stick in your ribs).

The media is playing all of you.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #155
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still laughing......... Now lets if the market changes and people make 'real' decisions on 'real' driving????? How many 'normal' people drive over the limit in the upper rev ranges..............Not many!!!!!
A torquey engine like our 4.0 or all the Diesels around don't need to 'rev' to get u places and therefore they use less fuel......Not hard :

Last edited by GASWAGON; 11-11-2009 at 07:08 PM.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post