Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #181
Boss 290

hey i started this thread as a simple discussion about ricers and girls and i was never expecting it to spread to another forum. it turned from a simple discussion into an assumption of my cars and my ego and how im am threatend of my g/f leaving me for a guy in a ricer lol. although i may have argued a few points i always managed to find a laugh about some of the posts people have written. i welcome new people with different ideas on brands and cars. aslong as we can all talk about cars and compare in a way that is civilised and follow the rules of the forum then i dont have any problem with people joining. i welcome people like ricedricer but shazza you are one sicko and i hope you have been deleted by now. cheers
Old 14-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #182
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Turbocharging was an 80s fad. Recall: Honda City, Charade, Pulsar ET, all with less than 80Kw. Formula 1 dropped it years ago. XR6T is just a mix of aftermarket parts that have always been available, except for the twin cam head that was developed around the time of the EA.
I am just lost for words with this one...
:
Old 14-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #183
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

*shakes head*

TS50 Build
Old 14-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #184
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Gee guys... this thread is a total waste of energy. :ticking:

I much prefer the type of girls that liked me without knowing what car I had....
Saved me the worry of finding out she'd take off because the next car she saw had a bigger tirbo/exhaust! :ticking:

Ricer is a term that has changed so much.....
after all some of the "mods" on here that have been done to EA-EL's fall in to my idea of "RiCE".

I have a few friends that have Skyline/Rex/EVO/Supra type cars.
Nice enough, not my cup of tea, but they say the same of my GT.

Each to their own.

D:
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 14-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #185
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Shockwave XR8 Thats exactly what I was thinking!!!!

What I found most entertaining is the skyline guys getting upset about being pigeon holed cause they felt they were getting labelled ricers... but were happy to bring up their own pigeon holeing in response. Love it.

All the while the guy across the road in his integra with 18's, a big exhaust and stick on decals (which couldn't match my old XF station wagon in a straight line... twice) is parked the local shopping centre with chicks all around him. Funny 'ol world.
Old 14-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #186
mad082
Banned

i see heaps of fords and commodores with 'rice' mods done. the moment you put a tickford sticker on a non tickford car you become a ricer. you are doing the exact same thing as someone putting a nismo sticker on a nissan that has no nismo parts.

or if you put a xr8 bonnet on a 6 cylinder falcon you are a ricer. or if you put an xr bodykit on a futura you aren't much better than a lancer with an evo kit. you are pretending its something it isn't, even though you just put it on there to make the car look better. why can't someone with a lancer put a bodykit on a boring stock lancer to make it look better?

as for bagging out imports, drive one before you make judgement. racing one at the track or on the street doesn't tell you how fast they are compared to your car. the guy in the other car might not be able to drive his way out of a wet paper bag. find someone with a skyline or silvia with an exhaust, cooler and a touch more boost and take it for a drive and see what you think. a lot of you guys will be suprised at what they can do. not just in the power department but in handling and braking as well.
Old 14-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #187
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your dad is worried cause you bought a car with less displacement than his lawnmower
thats gold.

heres some advice
1. close this window and any other windows with any forums in them.
2. call ISP and disconnect internet for 1 week
3. take a deep breath
4. say "i have a nice car and i like it"
5. read your learners manual......learn how to drive sensibly
6. think about what you say then call ISP 1 week later and reconnect
7. log into forum and DO NOT reply to this thread or any other that is similar
8. take my miss's and its not gonna be about who has the fastest car... :gren:
9. GO ON A HOLIDAY and if someone wants to race you or something think about these steps but replace ISP with ignition key, disconnect/reconnect with turn off/on, and internet with car.

safe driving now.

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 14-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #188
mad082
Banned

and anyone who buys a particular car to pick up chicks need to get a therapist.
Old 14-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #189
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Well having been on all sides of every fence, (well I haven't had a TRUCK yet I guess!), my S15 200sx inspired MANY MANY more girls I know to ask for rides than any other car I've ever owned.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no theory - it is a cold hard FACT!

Couldn't agree more with this. I drive my mates turbo Integra as he lost his license, and automatically get a ton more attention from girls then any lumpy V8 Falcon/Commy I've rolled in.

I considered myself pretty one-eyed Ford fan, but you have to give credit where credit is due.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #190
Chris_R33
Starter Motor

All I see here is a bunch of Bogans who drive agricultural old V8's with less tech than your average brush cutter. Ricers? how many Falcodores do you see every day with GT RACING SUPER WINGS?

Not disrespeecting nicely engineered engines of any discription - BUT if you set out to say something that is not correct you shall be CORRECTED.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #191
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad I don't own a Falcon or Skyline at the moment. Could turn ugly!
Old 14-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #192
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

[QUOTE=Chris_R33]All I see here is a bunch of Bogans who drive agricultural old V8's with less tech than your average brush cutter. Ricers? how many Falcodores do you see every day with GT RACING SUPER WINGS?

Not disrespeecting nicely engineered engines of any discription - BUT if you set out to say something that is not correct you shall be CORRECTED.[/QUOTE LOL R33.What a constructive observation..Everyone should be suitably humbled..
Old 14-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #193
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
Couldn't agree more with this. I drive my mates turbo Integra as he lost his license, and automatically get a ton more attention from girls then any lumpy V8 Falcon/Commy I've rolled in.

I considered myself pretty one-eyed Ford fan, but you have to give credit where credit is due.
I have a few mates that drive these type of cars,and I think this is a generalisation,there is one nice old classic muscle car in our group of friends that gets pics and vids taken of it by random strangers when out cruising,at every set of lights kids hang out of car windows yelling "smoke it up"
he has also had two "encounters" with pretty young girls who actually just pulled him up in the car,pretty good considering he drives it no more than once a month..
Old 14-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #194
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_R33
All I see here is a bunch of Bogans who drive agricultural old V8's with less tech than your average brush cutter. Ricers? how many Falcodores do you see every day with GT RACING SUPER WINGS?

Not disrespeecting nicely engineered engines of any discription - BUT if you set out to say something that is not correct you shall be CORRECTED.
Define old v8, if you want to get right into it your rice box R33 is old tech as well. OHC engines have been around for what 8o+ year's, your little orange juice carton isn't as advanced as you may think.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #195
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:

So without talking crap, explain to me how a BARRA190 or a BOSS260/290 is agricultural?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #196
Chris_R33
Starter Motor

I guess I just proved my point. I offended you.

However the comments made by members of your forum offended me.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #197
Chris_R33
Starter Motor

Quote:

If you read a single word that I said...

Ricers drive cars of many different descriptions. falcons. lancers etc.

Stop singling out single groups for your own amusement.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #198
LUXO_8
windsor user

this thread is hilarious......
whilst i love my V8's, the cars classed as "ricers" in this thread are certainly not

boss 290, you worry way too much.......

to the bunch of new members, enjoy your stay..... not all of us are singleminded tools who think skylines/supras/et al are rice.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #199
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm suprised this thread (and the one that started it all) are still going.

I like my car. Thats why I bought it. I don't mind my ex's 'line, it's not a bad car, but if I had the choice, I'd still pick the BA, because it's what I prefer.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 14-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #200
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
If you read a single word that I said...

Ricers drive cars of many different descriptions. falcons. lancers etc.

Stop singling out single groups for your own amusement.
What are you talking about? You just said a few posts ago that "All I see here is a bunch of Bogans who drive agricultural old V8's with less tech than your average brush cutter. ".

Didn't you just single out a group for your "amusement". You said that they are low tech, just wondering how you came to that conclusion?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #201
Chris_R33
Starter Motor

And im not saying that my R33 is better than a V8 Falcon. But i take offence to being called a ricer as my car is anything but.

Stop Stereotyping.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #202
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone please put this crap out of it's misery.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #203
Chris_R33
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Define old v8, if you want to get right into it your rice box R33 is old tech as well. OHC engines have been around for what 8o+ year's, your little orange juice carton isn't as advanced as you may think.
Okay. Lets stop and think for a minute.

DOHC VVT 24 Valve Turbo Intercooled L6 is old tech isnt it. You should do your homework.

Nissan designed this tech in the early 1990's. It took ford over 10 years to catch up.
Old 14-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #204
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Agreed what makes the boss 290 or barra 190 low tech exactly? please tell me.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Old 14-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #205
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does anyone take these things so seriously. Fair enough get offended but why cry. Some people are very thin skinned!
Old 14-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #206
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Okay. Lets stop and think for a minute.

DOHC VVT 24 Valve Turbo Intercooled L6 is old tech isnt it. You should do your homework.

sounds like an xr6t motor to me.....

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Old 14-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #207
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
And im not saying that my R33 is better than a V8 Falcon. But i take offence to being called a ricer as my car is anything but.

Stop Stereotyping.
I can stereotype all I want, the fact that I dont is my choice.

As is your choice to not get so worked up over what someone says on the internet.

Yourself, Boss 290 and that other tosser from your site Nismo Boy need to get your heads checked.

What do you care what we have to say, you dont even know us, I dont know you, and I dont care.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #208
Chris_R33
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
sounds like an xr6t motor to me.....
As i was saying it took ford 10 years to catch up and they are still 10 years behind.

Dare I say to look back to about 1992 where GTR Skylines absolutely thrashed V8 Super cars? And were banned cause they were too fast?

Looks like u need a grain of salt not rice
Old 14-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #209
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
As i was saying it took ford 10 years to catch up and they are still 10 years behind.

Dare I say to look back to about 1992 where GTR Skylines absolutely thrashed V8 Super cars? And were banned cause they were too fast?

OMG if I hear that bathurst line again ill blow up. The category changed ya mong, other cars have been "banned" before aswell.

How is the I6T behind exactly? What other engine is better in your mind?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #210
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:

Mate isn't there something happening on your forum to amuse you ?. Give us a rest..GO HOME..Someone please close this crap..