|
Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated. |
|
Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides |
|
31-03-2009, 11:16 PM | #181 | ||
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT
|
Now thats impressive - thats thinking outside the square - love the Bulge
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM | #182 | ||
ORSMT5
|
finished the last layers of glass.
now i'll flip it over & start on the underside
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon |
||
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM | #183 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruisers
|
I should come over one day Ron for you to teach me the finer arts of glassing. I have always wants to try it myself.
Matt
2004 Harvest Green XR6 Orsm Ford Cruisers ORSM Ford Cruiser's Web Site Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info. |
||
03-04-2009, 06:53 PM | #184 | ||
Formerly EL-351
|
Dont let him near your garage Matt.....................................aka MR DUST
03-04-2009, 07:06 PM | #185 | |||
ORSM Ford Cruisers
|
Quote:
I see a fiberglassing day coming up lol
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM | #186 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruisers
|
Bulge, Dust and Dish
2004 Harvest Green XR6 Orsm Ford Cruisers ORSM Ford Cruiser's Web Site Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info. |
||
19-04-2009, 04:05 PM | #187 | ||
Formerly EL-351
|
found this for ya
19-04-2009, 06:02 PM | #188 | ||
ORSMT5
|
sweet, looks like it's done in europe due to it being a 3 door & the MS-Design bodykit.
got started on the underside of the bonnet, first up had to clean off any excess & runs/dags left from doing the top. sanded it back then removed any leftovers to leave things nice & clean next up was to see if i could remove the catch but it's too large to fit out of the hole so next up will have to be a bit of surgery
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon |
||
14-05-2009, 07:19 PM | #189 | ||
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT
|
Love the lights. all of them...............
02-07-2009, 09:29 PM | #190 | ||
ORSMT5
|
well its been a while since i did anything but i got some more done today
WOOHOO i began with some aluminium sheet then using the template, the under bonnet protector, marked it out then cut it out with snips it was then ready to be placed on to see where i have to do the final fittting i gave the edges a quick clean so it fits neater next will be to get it fitting properly and stick it down
||
03-07-2009, 11:35 AM | #191 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruiser
|
looking good,
i can't wait to see this bonnet!! Cheerz, |
||
03-07-2009, 12:56 PM | #192 | ||
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT
|
Interesting BUT where is the the Fitted Bonnet Bulge :
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM | #193 | ||
ORSMT5
|
it's on the top side.......
this is the underside, it will be a while before the complete new bonnet sees the light of day
||
20-07-2009, 06:09 PM | #194 | ||
ORSMT5
|
after checking out a few different ways to hold the aluminium down the easiest and quickest was to use body filler.
some pics of the aluminium being stuck down after it was all stuck down i cleaned it up ready for some plasticine i used plasticine to fill in any gaps around the edge of the aluminiun after removing the excess plasticine i'm left with an even blend line all i have to do now is cover most of the holes and then i can apply the release agent and start making the mould of the underside it's not a perfect surface but it's easier to work it when iv'e done the mould
||
20-07-2009, 08:45 PM | #195 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruiser
|
i can't wait til its down.
nice pic of the beast in the corner |
||
27-07-2009, 05:47 PM | #196 | ||
ORSMT5
|
over the weekend i got the mould for the inner done, got the gelcoat done on friday arvo
now it's all the same colour it gives a better indication of what it will look like when finished got the first 2 layers down on saturday & finished it off today first layer on the final layers on next up will be to clean the edge up & then i will start to demould the mould from the bonnet
||
28-07-2009, 07:32 AM | #197 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruiser
|
Ron, you are a star
|
||
28-07-2009, 05:04 PM | #198 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruisers
|
Hump Hump Hump!
||
28-07-2009, 05:16 PM | #199 | ||
ORSMT5
|
cleaned the edges up & demoulded the top mould today.
put some wedges in a few spots and it popped right up, came out clean with no dammage to either the mould or the original bonnet next will be to prep the mould up so it's ready to make the top part of my new bonnet, this will consist off deburring the edge, fixing any negative imperfections & then waxing. i will also remove the PU foam from the original bonnet & make a quick mould of that area so i can make the insert for under the buldge
||
28-07-2009, 09:11 PM | #200 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruisers
|
Inverse Hump. Sexy. Seriously cant wait to see the next stage mate.
||
28-07-2009, 10:23 PM | #201 | |||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
|
My Hump, My hump, my lovely lady hump... :
29-07-2009, 02:15 PM | #202 | |||
ORSM Ford Cruiser
|
Quote:
|
|||
29-07-2009, 05:41 PM | #203 | ||
Audi S3
|
wow! i just clicked on this thread by chance but its awesome!
08-08-2009, 05:43 PM | #204 | ||
ORSMT5
|
after releasing the outer mould i had to clean off the hump so i can make a mould off the originial surface
looks like this i finished cleaning the bonnet surface down & masked the area i need to make the infill mould i then applied the release agent, let it dry then applied the gelcoat & let it dry over night. the first 2 layers of glass were then applied. while the glass was drying i began detailing the top mould, started by sanding the edges to remove the small lip then applied a dye & began sanding the entire surface with wet & dry paper. it is now ready for waxing the glass on the infill mould was now dry so i turned it over & began releasing the inner mould now i have to detail it
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon Last edited by MR_LON; 08-08-2009 at 05:50 PM. |
||
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM | #205 | ||
ORSM Ford Cruiser
|
are you looking to re-produce? haha
|
||
10-08-2009, 06:38 PM | #206 | ||
ORSMT5
|
lol, not at this stage
||
10-08-2009, 08:12 PM | #208 | ||
ORSMT5
|
hey sgt,
not so much painstaking just long, i have no idea how many hours i have put into it but you could double the labour hrs in thinking hours. at least the finish is in sight how's your new beast going?
||
11-08-2009, 07:56 AM | #209 | ||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
|
love it ay.
starting to look for places to do intake and tune. Also asked race brakes about an upgraded braking package. So far I've stuck to my word of leaving it alone, but as you can see, after a week and a half, i'm not doing too well
11-08-2009, 07:22 PM | #210 | ||
ORSMT5
|
have fun sorting out what you want, as for brakes chuck in some EBC reds and they work great
everything i've done is in this thread maybe it will help you decide what you want to do. with tuning there may be a better option soon
||