Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #211
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Post-2016 Falcon News and Discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxf
The only NEW lamb burger ads i have seen are the HUNGRY JACKS ones!!!!
I think big Sam Kekovich will be coming to visit you and "lambast" you!!
Old 24-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #212
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Base model Falcon is too expensive, put it at 30 grand to bookend the small car market, and price at where the AWD Compact SUVS start to sell. Large cars do not cost that much more to build than small cars, a base model Falcon at 30 grand is appropriate for the market and competition. The rest of the Falcon lineup can stay roughly where they are, but at the moment the base model Falcon is doing nothing to bring customers through the front door.
....... Read the latest Cars Guide in the Herald Sun today. Had the Falcon EcoBoost up against Camry. Both scored highly, Ford came out on top and as stated, the price of the Falcon XT is $4,000 cheaper than the Camry. For BFYB the Ford was the winner, both driving and ....... heaven forbid ..... what you got for the price paid.

They did say at the end that it was a shame no one knows about it though ..... and they also stated that the (lack of) sales of the Falcon by no means reflects the quality of the superior car.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 24-08-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Cars Guide it was!!!
Old 24-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #213
Sinead Phipps

Hey folks, I see that the advertising debate continues - I'm not going to keep discussing it too much in this thread because there isn't really a lot more that I can say. I'm / we're not ignoring you though - there is just a limit to how much info we can share publicly about what we're doing.

What I can tell you though is that we have a really busy week coming up next week. In amongst all the doom and gloom and concern about the future, we're continuing to invest in our business - both our facilities and the technologies we use to develop our vehicles; and in the technology we have in our global vehicles as well.

We have more than 45 media from a variety of outlets (not just auto - we've got design and tech media and bloggers as well), as well as a contingent of international journalists coming to our refurbished Design Centre on Tuesday and Wednesday (running two waves of a one-day program), where we'll be showcasing some of the pretty cool stuff that helps us be one of Ford's global Centres of Excellence for vehicle design and development. I'll post some info here on Wednesday to share with you all. We'll have photo and video as well, which we'll post on our Facebook pages at various stages after the event so keep an eye out for that as well.

In the meantime, have a great weekend!
Old 24-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #214
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Unfortunately though, regarding the promotion of the Falcon, it will be a talking point for some time and while it is going to drive you blokes (& gals) at Ford mad, the passion for the Falcon will continue amongst the enthusiasts here ...... and in a topic such as this one.

Most of us can accept that there is things happening behind closed doors and FoA are taking a direction that will (hopefully soon) become apparent ..... but in the meantime, unfortunatley, it is going to be a bit of a bug bear.

....... and hope you enjoy your weekend as well Picking up another Ford on the weekend to add to the collection so all is good.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #215
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

We just don't want to see the Falcon go down without at least throwing a decent punch at the opposition.
Old 24-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #216
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Unfortunately though, regarding the promotion of the Falcon, it will be a talking point for some time and while it is going to drive you blokes (& gals) at Ford mad, the passion for the Falcon will continue amongst the enthusiasts here ...... and in a topic such as this one.

Most of us can accept that there is things happening behind closed doors and FoA are taking a direction that will (hopefully soon) become apparent ..... but in the meantime, unfortunatley, it is going to be a bit of a bug bear.

....... and hope you enjoy your weekend as well Picking up another Ford on the weekend to add to the collection so all is good.
only because many refuse to accept the little snippets we get from the horses mouth, and would rather believe the tripe conjured up by the poor excuses for journo's who are just looking for a headline and a sale. it is much easier for the forum experts to jump on a bandwagon than to believe that a multi million dollar company actually knows what they are doing.
Old 24-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #217
XRDeeze
UTRIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead Phipps
Hey folks, I see that the advertising debate continues - I'm not going to keep discussing it too much in this thread because there isn't really a lot more that I can say. I'm / we're not ignoring you though - there is just a limit to how much info we can share publicly about what we're doing.

What I can tell you though is that we have a really busy week coming up next week. In amongst all the doom and gloom and concern about the future, we're continuing to invest in our business - both our facilities and the technologies we use to develop our vehicles; and in the technology we have in our global vehicles as well.

We have more than 45 media from a variety of outlets (not just auto - we've got design and tech media and bloggers as well), as well as a contingent of international journalists coming to our refurbished Design Centre on Tuesday and Wednesday (running two waves of a one-day program), where we'll be showcasing some of the pretty cool stuff that helps us be one of Ford's global Centres of Excellence for vehicle design and development. I'll post some info here on Wednesday to share with you all. We'll have photo and video as well, which we'll post on our Facebook pages at various stages after the event so keep an eye out for that as well.

In the meantime, have a great weekend!
It was worth a shot LOL.

I would hope you can send the Falcon to the States (amongst other countries), although costly , I think it'll pan out better for the money spent and for the returns, you could have one on stand at the V8 races at COA track come 2013, so we can show them that we race "stock cars" and they get to see the vehicles on track resemble their road going counterpart. it'll sell in droves

Townsville Drag 1/10/11 PB: 15.34 @ 91.09 mph
Old 24-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #218
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
We just don't want to see the Falcon go down without at least throwing a decent punch at the opposition.
There's a pretty big punch coming in 18 months or so. Just wait for it!
Old 24-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #219
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
only because many refuse to accept the little snippets we get from the horses mouth, and would rather believe the tripe conjured up by the poor excuses for journo's who are just looking for a headline and a sale. it is much easier for the forum experts to jump on a bandwagon than to believe that a multi million dollar company actually knows what they are doing.
I admire your confidence in FoA..but lets just step back...if they are all knowing then why does this thread exist. Lets not pretend that they are perfect, sure they are doing the best with what they can and they do it well..but thats obviously not enough. Hard not to be skeptical isnt it?

If this thread is about post 2016 Falcon then riddle me this, anyone within the industry...Is there currently work scheduled for a falcon based car within FoA or suppliers post 2015/16. If not then you have to question whats going on...because the longer it goes on the harder its going to be. People who are in the game know the lead time for a new update is 5 years minimum (sure the first 1-2 can be purely office/CAD based).

So could one then assume the longer it goes on the more sure you could be that local content will be minimal at best.

I hope Sinead is privy to some pretty good internal memo's from Mr Mulally! So why Ford have to address the current issues, and IMO its image not the product itself..the silence about the future is deafening and addressing this will possibly help the current ranges cause.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #220
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I admire your confidence in FoA..but lets just step back...if they are all knowing then why does this thread exist. Lets not pretend that they are perfect, sure they are doing the best with what they can and they do it well..but thats obviously not enough. Hard not to be skeptical isnt it?

If this thread is about post 2016 Falcon then riddle me this, anyone within the industry...Is there currently work scheduled for a falcon based car within FoA or suppliers post 2015/16. If not then you have to question whats going on...because the longer it goes on the harder its going to be. People who are in the game know the lead time for a new update is 5 years minimum (sure the first 1-2 can be purely office/CAD based).

So could one then assume the longer it goes on the more sure you could be that local content will be minimal at best.

I hope Sinead is privy to some pretty good internal memo's from Mr Mulally! So why Ford have to address the current issues, and IMO its image not the product itself..the silence about the future is deafening and addressing this will possibly help the current ranges cause.
like a dog with a bone! riddle me this. what is so magical about 2016? why is it so important for ford to come out with some announcement? why do they need to be open and public about their plans???

it is all this noise that fuels the fire, not ford. ford are under no obligation to reveal their plans. if you want to believe that is the cause of the drop in sales of the whole large car segment, then thats your prerogative.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #221
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Everyone at team red will gush praise on the VF Commodore but I have a feeling that the 2014 Falcon will stun a few critics too....
Old 24-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #222
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Road_Warrior likes this

Quote:

<4 with virtual build (which Broady now has)

At this point in time, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt and have a better clue than a bunch of internet know it alls on a forum full of haters. Don't forget they're in the middle of/starting to shake off a painful restructuring process; there's going to be a lot of baby steps and careful silence for a while.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 24-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #223
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
like a dog with a bone! riddle me this. what is so magical about 2016? why is it so important for ford to come out with some announcement? why do they need to be open and public about their plans???

it is all this noise that fuels the fire, not ford. ford are under no obligation to reveal their plans. if you want to believe that is the cause of the drop in sales of the whole large car segment, then thats your prerogative.
You clearly dont grasp the importance of it..you always pull out the old forehead slap but dont actually engage or reply in a constructive manner , this is about post 2016 Falcon is it not, not what marketing strategy they have employed now.

There are many ways in which you can gauge how a company feels they are traveling for the future...for example..now how they are hiring at the moment?

All the people that talk in the media generally know how the industry works and that things just dont happen at the last minute, not major things like this anyway.

Point being Ford does not need to come out with a decade roll out of new models...but what have you heard about the next falcon..mild upgrade or not..VF seems to be making "decent" progress.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #224
Windsor220
Now Fordless

VF is out next year isn't it? Can't compare it to 2016.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #225
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
You clearly dont grasp the importance of it..you always pull out the old forehead slap but dont actually engage or reply in a constructive manner , this is about post 2016 Falcon is it not, not what marketing strategy they have employed now..
People in the Industry only know of a Falcon update in 2014, consider past history a model update is good for no more than 2 years tops, which brings back the 2016 question (as per thread topic) many are not comfortable in discussing that year when it comes to the Falcon.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 24-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #226
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

He's talking about 2014.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 24-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #227
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Point being Ford does not need to come out with a decade roll out of new models...but what have you heard about the next falcon..mild upgrade or not..VF seems to be making "decent" progress.
2014 falcon will be a worthy opponent.

i'm amused that after all the years of empty and broken promises, people still absorb everything they say as gospel and act like they can do no wrong. in fact holden have pretty much admitted that commodore is on death row and yet falcon is still the one that gets all the attention. i guess i will never understand.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #228
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
VF is out next year isn't it? Can't compare it to 2016.
That is a good point, perhaps VF isnt the greatest example...but look at the difference in pro-activeness and integration.

It must be a killer plan Ford NA are working on, all the possibilities are there but like I said, they couldnt skimp around the issue more if they tried and the continual dodging of the subject is actually to root of all the conjecture.

I dont buy the restructuring line because at the end of the day its a multinational and you must be able to handle issues from all regions at once.

Whats happening pre 2015/16 is of not huge importance, its all but locked in and done now.

Im as passionate about the brand as anyone else here, been there, know the people and it kills me to see the foggy future.

edit: sorry spoolman I posted after...thats the end of other model talk from me
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #229
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Guys and Gals can we leave the VF and any other vehicle manufacturers out of this Falcon thread.
To discuss these topics start a thread in the appropriate Forum.

Old 24-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #230
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
No, not necessarily.

While the journo's have had a loud say on the lack of marketing ..... and personally I get tired of the constant sniping at Ford from the journo's and some others ..... but at the same time ....... it IS a real fear that the lack of promotion through main stream media may bring about the untimely demise of the Falcon before 2016. I honestly believe this. I might be wrong and really really hope I am.

FoA can say they are using other forms of media, have a plan that will take effect soon, reassure that they are doing everything possible to promote ...... there is still an actual silence at this very moment in time ...... and a long time before it ....... on the Falcon, EcoBoost & EcoLPI in particular.

Something right this minute is not working ...... EcoBoost and EcoLPI is not known. They are not selling as they should. I am not going to say all is OK when I feel it is not ...... call it a Bandwagon or whatever ..... I do not care. I want the car to last for as long as possible because I want to continue buying it. Call it selfish but it is a damn good car ..... I have driven the EcoBoost and it IS a GREAT car. It should be selling reasonably well and be well known and a real and definite threat to Camry and the likes.

FoA can get annoyed about the constant gripes about this topic and continue saying that it is all under control and yourself and others can just keep quiet and accept this ....... but sorry ...... I cannot. I also do not want to see it disappear without a damn good fight from those who are passionate about the model and from FoA.

Yes, it is all just little snippets and can 100% understand that is all they can announce at present. I do not expect them to announce too far out their future plans. I am just talking about the present ....... this is what it is all about! Having THE BEST vehicle produced in Australia .... ever ...... and marketing it in a quiet manner? Every journo agrees ..... but is that message getting across?

While I do understand that the market has changed ...... so has the Falcon and it is better, with more models and engine options than ever before.

Possibly, reading between the lines, something might be happening with promotion ...... and will be the first to applaud it.

Passionate? Worried? Bloody oath I am ...... and I am someone who has never ever been on a Bandwagon. That is for sure. Yes, things will wind up eventually but just want, at the end of the day, someone to stand up and say, "DAMN .... we really went out with one hell of a fight .....!" I would like to think that I at least tried.

FoA is NOT the Falcon Car Company. We know that ..... but it is for many, what it is all about here in AU.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #231
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
People in the Industry only know of a Falcon update in 2014, consider past history a model update is good for no more than 2 years tops,
why invest large sums of money in a model if it will only run for 2 years? you assume it will be more like a FG3 than FH (or whatever).

maybe the fact that there are a few platforms in the ford world that will have run their course in the next few years and new global ones are being developed, is the reason for their playing their cards close to their chest.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #232
nstg8a

if 2014 is going to be the significant update that all the evidence seems to be pointin to, do you really think ford will go to that effort for just two more years?

faith is whats needed, not crying into our cereal over what may or may not happen 11ty years into the future.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #233
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

I like to ask if anybody actually understands why 2016 is a significant date? And how this translates to falcons 'survivability'?
Old 24-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #234
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
I dont buy the restructuring line because at the end of the day its a multinational and you must be able to handle issues from all regions at once.
If that is your view, that's fine. However in reality Ford is not capable of handling 'issues from all regions at once', because the regions are expected to deal with their own affairs. The tipping point is when sales and/or profits go down the gurgler, which attracts the attention of head office because it affects the corporate balance sheet and by extension, the value of Ford's stocks and its credit rating.

Ford has restructured on an as-needed basis, because of poor strategic planning. North America came first from 2004-ish right through until 2008. Plants were shuttered, models were discontinued, people were sacked. It was painful. Australia came second, 2009 until now, models were discontinued, projects canned and people were sacked. It is painful. Ford of Europe is about to go through a similar process to what the US did, and it will be painful. All of this costs money and takes time, and with the size and scale of these operations across the globe, with the market, political and union interests involved in these actions, it is little wonder things have taken so long and the silence been so deafening.

That said, I hope Ford Australia starts opening up more over the coming months because time is starting to slip away.

Old 24-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #235
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
People in the Industry only know of a Falcon update in 2014, consider past history a model update is good for no more than 2 years tops, which brings back the 2016 question (as per thread topic) many are not comfortable in discussing that year when it comes to the Falcon.
'People' in the industry huh...like the mouthpiece quoted in that Fin Review article a few weeks back?

Old 24-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #236
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
I like to ask if anybody actually understands why 2016 is a significant date? And how this translates to falcons 'survivability'?
Because that seems to be D day for an Australian designed Falcon ...... true or not, of course, time will tell. Alot is speculation as what happens in 4 years within the Automotive Industry is a hell of a long time and really, anything could happen.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #237
SpoolMan

Quote:
why invest large sums of money in a model if it will only run for 2 years? you assume it will be more like a FG3 than FH (or whatever).
Yes for the sake of it being a awkward subject for some lets call it assume and therefore only time will tell if those who are writing these articles and these so called rumors are correct or incorrect.

I as much as anyone here I wouldn't happy if I cant buy a Falcon post 2016.
AU Sedan, BA XR8 Ute, BA XR6 Ute, BF F6, FG XR50 Ute, 5 Falcons since 2000 yeah I love my Falcons, what else would I drive..
I will always continue to support the Blue Oval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
'People' in the industry huh...like the mouthpiece quoted in that Fin Review article a few weeks back?
Yes we keep hearing the sources are of no substance, wouldn't it be better then if some comes out and just says its all lies lies, rather than who is this source he has no credibility, just trounce on it as 100% bull dust..
Its hard to talk about post 2016 because the sources apparently know nothing, until now we relied on these sources to get any upcoming information but it appears its all no good..
I am not here to argue about the Falcon or sources who write about it, as stated many times I love this car, in the end we can all believe what we want and only time take care of that.
I have had my say and will move over and just read on.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 24-08-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #238
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Emissions?
Old 24-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #239
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Emissions?
You win, and how many engines currently do ford Oz have that can meet those requirements with little work?
Old 24-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #240
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think also because that is the date that Ford is committed up to with Falcon after receiving the funding from the Australian Government; that is where the significance lies and naturally, people will ask what happens after 2016.
Closed Thread