Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #2551
sen

i still don't see it, are they parked in the middle of the road?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #2552
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen
They're parked in the exit lane for that section of carpark.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #2553
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen

the line markings give it away...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #2554
stevz
Banned

$22k for a 1986 Toyota Corona?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...2326&silo=1011
Old 03-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #2555
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
Why Not ?

Up for sale is my pride and joy! I purchased the corona 14 years ago of my Nan, who purchased the car new from Toyota in 1986. This car has been in my family since new and has cost me over $100,000 to get it to where it is today.

There literally isn't a part of the car that hasn't been modified. There isn't a mark, dent or scratch on it! That's also the main reason for the sale. I have invested so much of my life making this car perfect, I can't bear to drive it. The custom turbo charged engine, hasn't even got 5000klms on it yet!

PHOBIA was featured in Issue No.152 of Hot4's including a cover shot. Made the top 5 in Zoo 2010 Car of the Year & has done very well in the shows entered!

PHOBIA is currently insured through Shannons for $25,000, has full registration, and has never had any problems with the police in the 14 years I have owned it!

Full Specs...

Car

1986 Toyota Corona RT-142.

Engine Hardware

22R-E 2.4L Custom Turbo.

Engine Accessories

Ceramic coated Garret GT30/76 turbo, Tial 38mm external wastegate, HKS SSQ blow-off valve, GReddy oil catch can, custom front-mount intercooler, Blitz DSBC electronic boost controller, Motec turbo timer, custom ceramic coated turbo manifold, custom duel fuel rails, four Group A secondary injectors and four 22R-E injectors, Altronics injector driver, Bosch 044 Fuel pump, 75mm custom throttle body, Earls braided lines, Delco programmable engine management, Delco ignition, ported and polished head, machined receiver groove, 2mm copper head gasket, O-ringed block, custom dished forged pistons, re-grounds 272deg cam, adjustable cam gear, oversized valve springs, re-drilled water jackets, custom water pump housing and pump, custom alloy radiator, 16" thermo fan, custom 3" ceramic coated dump pipe, 3" Hi-tech Exhaust.

Driveline hardware

Supra W58 five-speed manual, Exedy Five-puck button clutch, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, MA61 LSD in an F-series IRS diff.

Bodywork

White base coat with House of Kolor Green Ice Fleck, full side vinyl graphics, custom front and rear bars, molded matching side skirts, custom bonnet, shaved aerial, window washers and wipers, de-badged, side moldings removed, colour coded everything, laser cut polished stainless steel wheel trimmings.

Brakes and Suspension

Four-wheel disc brakes, bendix high-temp pads, high-pressure race fluid, custom four-way independent airbag adjustable suspension with Koni dampeners and custom strut tops.

Rolling Stock

18x8 inch NK07 Trilogy S2 wheels, 215/35 Falken GRB **451 tyres with white walls.

Interior Gadgetry

MY99 WRX front seats, full beige leather re-trim, custom door pods and pleated leather inserts, custom A pillar tweeter pods with in-built Carbon Series Auto Meter boost and volts gauges, Auto Meter Carbon Series Tacho and Temp gauges, glovebox-mounted switches and gauges for the airbags plus external switch box, boot-mounted floating air tanks, dash-mounted boost controller and turbo timer, carbon-fiber pedals, Momo gearknob, colour-coded leather wheel, colour-coded centre console and punched aluminium floor mats.

Stereo Components

Kenward KDC PS911R motorized head deck, Boston Acoustics 6.5in front splits, and 6.5in three-way rear, alpine V12 four-channel amp, two Soundstream SPL 12in subs in a custom sealed enclosure, Soundstream Reference 500 two-channel amp, Optima D34 Yellow Top battery, all Jaycar heavy duty cabling and gold plated terminals.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about PHOBIA. There will be no test pilots or joy flights, but I do encourage any inspection. I have full photographic evidence of all parts that can't be seen. Including the entire build!

Please note. I'm not chasing cash, nor am I in a rush, so no crazy offers please. Having said that, I am open to swap or trade, with cash adjustments either way! Any E46, E90, IS200, S15, R34 or WRX would get my interest, but im open to all offers
Old 03-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #2556
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Quote:
$22k for a 1986 Toyota Corona?
C'mon, hardly a fail. It may not be to your taste, but clearly a lot of work has gone into it. The quality of his work is pretty good to my eyes.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #2557
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOracing
C'mon, hardly a fail. It may not be to your taste, but clearly a lot of work has gone into it. The quality of his work is pretty good to my eyes.
i agree. id say it stopped being a mere '86 corona about 60k ago...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #2558
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
I agree with this, not a fan of the rear bumper or the decals, but the rest is pretty well done.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #2559
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

It's still a 1986 Toyota. People have more money than brains!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #2560
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Could say the same about any car related modifications. All it's supposed to be is a way to get places faster than walking.

Doesn't stop people (myself included) spending money on family barges.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #2561
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #2562
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh JWM I6
Could say the same about any car related modifications. All it's supposed to be is a way to get places faster than walking.

Doesn't stop people (myself included) spending money on family barges.
That's true, no argument from me but for $22,000 it's overpriced.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #2563
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work thats gone into it, but it's still a 1986 Corona which is one of the blandest appliances ever made and lacks any street cred whatsoever. The ad states that it's the only modded Corona in the country..I wonder why?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #2564
Highway

Old 03-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #2565
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would not say the volvo above is a fail just someone prob a backpacker or a kid injecting some personality into his ride the best way they can

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #2566
OZF6
Starter Motor

That Corona is quite obviously well engineered or appears so, its all neat work.

It looks comprehensively awful.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #2567
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
So a 1972 falcon is still a 1972 falcon Carrying that type of attitude gets nothing done...open minds people!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 04-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #2568
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
AE86 corolla's are still 1986 toyotas
And they are one of the few rice cars i freakin love!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #2569
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
AE86 corolla's are still 1986 toyotas
And they are one of the few rice cars i freakin love!!
oh dear.... the ae86 is one ricer i will never understand
Old 04-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #2570
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
So a 1972 falcon is still a 1972 falcon Carrying that type of attitude gets nothing done...open minds people!
Yes it's still a 1972 falcon, but unlike the car above some of them don't look like crap and are actually worth something.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #2571
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
oh dear.... the ae86 is one ricer i will never understand
Whats not to understand? It's RWD, light weight, 5-spd manual, huge aftermarket, well balanced and powered by the awesome 4AGE engine. It is perfect for any sort of motorsport (They're used in Rally, Drift, circuit, drags etc etc)

They are cheap to find parts for too and they look awesome
Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #2572
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Whats not to understand? It's RWD, light weight, 5-spd manual, huge aftermarket, well balanced and powered by the awesome 4AGE engine. It is perfect for any sort of motorsport (They're used in Rally, Drift, circuit, drags etc etc)

They are cheap to find parts for too and they look awesome
its the looks i dont get, an ugly thing at the best of times.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #2573
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Its not just the looks, its the fact its an AE86, its got rep, and just looks like a drift pig.
me rike em rots an rots
Old 04-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #2574
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
me rike em rots an rots

Old 04-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #2575
Fled74
The Thread Killa

They've deservedly become a cult car; I wouldn't mind having one.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #2576
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What an absolutely and unmitigatedly hideous monstrosity this pile of xxxx is . Wouldnt pay 22 cents let alone $22,000.00 .
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #2577
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
its the looks i dont get, an ugly thing at the best of times.
looks aresuch a personal thing, me i love em...

Old 04-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #2578
marty1000cc
one sore bore...now 13.4

This guys been trying to get rid of this for ages....cant imagine why it's not selling?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ford-xm-ute-/...item2a0d0d5867
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #2579
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

7g for a V8 engineered Xm, not bad...I'd have to return the body to stock though...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 05-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #2580
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1000cc
This guys been trying to get rid of this for ages....cant imagine why it's not selling?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ford-xm-ute-/...item2a0d0d5867
Possibly because when you modify something and then try to sell it, its not gonna to be to everyones tastes... that thing is hideous!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Closed Thread