Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Learners moto riders doing 80 on the hume freeway!

Just been up to Sydney, and came across this absolutely absurd situation of a Learner motocylist being rounded up by cars doing 110 or 120, and all the b double trucks doing 100+. He has his ridiculous L plate with a 80 sign, and is actually doing 80! Its so dangerous, cars and trucks ducking and weaving around this poor bloke doing his "lawful" thing!

Does the government not understand whats going on here!? It would be much much safer for him to at least go along at the trucks speed.

Maybe 80 is fast enough for him in suburbia, or down a winding road, but there is such a difference between that a huge wide straight freeway!

How can we have any respect for our laws?

EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #2
Rollin
Banned

Nah mate, if you don't speed it's impossible to crash, didn't you know?

100 in a 100 = safe no matter what, so 90 in a 100 is even safer, and therefore 80 in a 100 is even safer again!

If that motorbike driver keeps that up, he will outlive us all
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

i agree, so much more dangerous plodding along at the slower speed on a highway than if he was actually doing teh same speed as the rest of the traffic...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't qoute me on this but im sure that learner drivers arn't allowed on freeways or expressways in N.S.W because of the safety reason

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

I find that sitting below the speed limit as outlined in the above observation, is a minor cause of accidents. Say your doing the wonderful Brisbane to Sydney run, and you get stuck behind someone doing 80 in the 100 zone, not many places to pass, people are going to take more risks in trying to get around them wherever they can. PLus it is a major cause of road rage.
Old 15-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79XD351.4v
Don't qoute me on this but im sure that learner drivers arn't allowed on freeways or expressways in N.S.W because of the safety reason
You are certainly allowed.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Spare a thought for the learner rider. He is obviously making an effort to follow the law, only to have bloody cars and trucks trying to dodge him. He's probably got a few things to say to the government as well out:
Old 15-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
You are certainly allowed.
When I was on my L's, On the freeways I followed the speed limit signs. My parents at first gave me an earful for it and whilst in the pacific hwy to QLD they told me to slow down back to 80, I stated that its a bullshiit rule, more likely to get killed doing 80 with all the traffic having to work out a way to navigate around me. Then out of nowhere a Toyota Dyna truck undertook me on the shoulder... My parents never questioned my judgement about driving since.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post