Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Manual T5 Box Out Of S2 Au Xr6 Into A S1 Au Fotre

well i had very good luck today, went to oxely wreckers in brisbane and found a s2 au xr6, sitting there, so im looking and i go. omfg, its a manual, my car is a seres 1 au forte

i thought this would be the only chance i get to score a manual box, so im going there monday to find out how much they want

just gonna get the box,

that way i will store it, and when i move to melbourne i can aqquire the rest of the parts for it,

question time,

will s2 manual ecu work with s1 auto wiring,

will i need to pull all auto wiring and replace it with manual wiring

can i just get my auto manual ecu flashed to accept the manual box,

how much should i be paying. for the box and bellhousing, other parts i will aquire in melbourne later

any thing else i need to no let me no cheers

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
well i had very good luck today, went to oxely wreckers in brisbane and found a s2 au xr6, sitting there, so im looking and i go. omfg, its a manual, my car is a seres 1 au forte

i thought this would be the only chance i get to score a manual box, so im going there monday to find out how much they want

just gonna get the box,

that way i will store it, and when i move to melbourne i can aqquire the rest of the parts for it,

question time,

will s2 manual ecu work with s1 auto wiring,

will i need to pull all auto wiring and replace it with manual wiring

can i just get my auto manual ecu flashed to accept the manual box,

how much should i be paying. for the box and bellhousing, other parts i will aquire in melbourne later

any thing else i need to no let me no cheers
The wiring is okay, but will need a few little changes to help with the reverse lights and a few other bits.

I'd grab the ecu as well, however the auto ecu can be flash tuned to suit. I'd grab the ecu though, as it's easy to grab and store.

I'm not sure on the prices though. When I was hunting around for boxes for mine, I was being quoted around $1,500 for the box and a few hundred more for the housing.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats dear, up in queensland, mate who works at wreckers wants 500 for a box, just the box

thats why im gonna jump on this fast

but then he told me

i could fit a e series box into myn with a few modifcation around the sump area

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would need to make new plates up etc, but the eseries one bolt straight up to a au motor, but requires a few mods

Old 09-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

E series box wont really work as the shifter will be in the wrong spot.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm, im going back to oxely anyways to see how much they want for the box, just the box it self, will collect few things later down the track.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You'll need the gear box, pedal box, clutch cable, ECU as well - Paying Ford $100 or so to get the ECU to talk to your cars BEM is cheaper than a $1500 flash tuner. All up, you should be looking at around $1k for the lot, based on your mate's price of $500 for the box only, but in reality, more like $2k, based on non-mates rates.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 09-08-2009 at 08:09 AM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh i no. but up here in queensland, my mate works for a wreckers, not setup like abc wreckers, but a independentr one, and the wreckers he works for is a lot dear then the 4 abc one here in brisbane\

the abc wreckers up here are lot cheaper then his wreckers, hmm

but i will go ask tommoro and report back on how i got