Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
gozza

Default People Should Tie Down Items In Trailers

I was driving along the riverside express yesterday afternoon.
I noticed a double matress in the middle lane and then the civic in front of me swerved from out of the right lane....at the last second in slow to a halt due to a bloody pedestal fan sitting right in the middle of my lane...i just had my bumpers resprayed and like any normal car lover i opted out of driving straight over it UNTILL a van came screaming up my a55 on fully locked brakes and smoke streaming from them so i had to choose to take damage in the rear or charge over the fan....i charged over the fan and avoided the accident..

Thank god there is little unobvious damage and thank god no accidents occured...a few k's down the road i saw the moron checking all his gear in his trailer...
Rant mode off...it just annoys me because its harder to keep your car in good nick these days with idiots on the road and jelous peeps we don't need objects flying off trailers

gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I was driving a 2001 corolla at 110 km on the M1 (yes the corolla can do 110 only just) when a big plastic bin was rolling in my lane. there was a landcruiser next to me so no where to go. The bin exploded into a million little bits on impact and was more funny than anything. it could of been a serious accident but i just didnt care about the corolla and it made it out alive with only a small scratch that buffed out!!

Lucky
Old 03-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It's illegal not to cover loads ... and bloody dangerous as well.
I always cover my load when heading to the tip ... or moving stuff.
Even if it is in the back of the ute ... I always strap it down with my tonneau.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
falcon91

I was driving Richmond to Nth Richmond (NSW) in my XE about 17 years ago and a Car (Can't remember the type) had an inflatable boat tied to his roof in front of me. This was a 100k zone and the boat just lifted in the air, did a backward somersault above me and hit the car behind fair and square on the centre of the windscreen. Car careers off the road, down an embankment and rolls onto the horse polo fields. Cops everywhere Ambo's too. The guy who had the boat was taken by the cops screaming "It was an accident"?
Go figure!

Also a few years ago here in SA, travelling along Main Nth Rd near Salisbury and I see one of those Home Welders tumble out of a trailer and slide along the road until it hit a EL-EF Ford in the front bumper. It looked like he'd hit a stobie pole (Telegraph Pole).

A couple of minutes extra time in thought, decent tie downs and a cover, would save plenty of heartache I reckon.
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post