Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Default GT Driver hands himself in

The Driver of the GT Falcon suspected of racing the Ferrari shortly before the Ferrari lost control and killed it's two occupant's has handed himself in to the police.
The 42 year old man went to the Moe police station and said he owned a car similar to the silver GT Ford Falcon investigators were hunting for over the crash.
The car was seized for forensic examination and the man released pending on further investigation.
Witnesses told police they saw the Ferrari being driven erratically and at high speed beside the high performance GT Falcon shortly before it crashed.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
Old 29-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

A sad ending for the red car, at least now, hopefully the cops will stop pulling me over, thought for a while we might have to take the orange strips off the XR8. The cops said they had instructions to pull over all silver cars with orange strips, even when I was in Bendigo, they also mentioned that the crash was more like at 200kph
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 29-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
The 42 year old man went to the Moe police station and said he owned a car similar to the silver GT Ford Falcon investigators were hunting for over the crash.
WTF........He either knew it was him or it wasn't him.
Why would you hand yourself in just in case you thought you might have done it ????.........

Hmmmmmmmmm

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 29-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Kryton

what sort of forensic evident could they possibly get from the car anyway?
Old 29-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Interesting news...

How did you find that out john. Could it be a member from this forum? Anyway he did the right thing by turning himself in. I just hope some people on the forum here learn by this. If you want to go nuts in your car, take it to the race track.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Old 29-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
My guess is they'd possibly be looking for red paint marks or damage...?

Old 29-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Why would you hand yourself in just in case you thought you might have done it ????.........

Hmmmmmmmmm
Only speculating of course but maybe he wast driving it at that time?

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
Rollin
Banned

If you race someone and crash and die, yeah is bad, but tough.

If you don't have the skills to back up your driving style, don't race.

Unless the GT and ferrari actually came into contact and the ferrari crashed as a result, then I don't see why the GT driver should be charged with anything, apart from possibly dangerous driving or 'hooning' or something of the like.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Dilan

What about leaving the scene of an accident? Or is that only in the US? :
Old 29-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
Its not bad, its devistating for allot of people. Try to tell these people's family "tough"..

Quote:
You shouldnt race on public roads FULL STOP.

Old 29-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:

Unless the GT and ferrari actually came into contact and the ferrari crashed as a result, then I don't see why the GT driver should be charged with anything, apart from possibly dangerous driving or 'hooning' or something of the like.
Dude

They shouldn't have been drag racing on a public road.......PERIOD.....contact or no contact it's ILEEGAL and WRONG for all the right and logical reasons

It could have been you and your family in a car coming the opposite way that may have encountered an out of control FERRARI or whatever doing 150K plus heading directly for you..........just think about that for a second.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 29-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #12
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP

Hmmmmmmmmm
You dont admit anything.

He could say he was in the vacinity of the area at the time, but didnt see the accident. And because his car is performace vehicle and looks distinctive, it was singled out at the time for being involved.

If he admits he was involved he will be charged, probably loose his car and maybe even get a gaol term.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #13
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Interesting news...

How did you find that out john. Could it be a member from this forum? Anyway he did the right thing by turning himself in. I just hope some people on the forum here learn by this. If you want to go nuts in your car, take it to the race track.
It's in todays Herald Sun. Word for word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
They shouldn't have been drag racing on a public road.......PERIOD.....contact or no contact it's ILLEGAL and WRONG for all the right and logical reasons
I agree. Its an Extremely tragic event, however, Street Racing is NOT Drag Racing.
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #14
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Interesting news...

Cheers.
This information was in today's Herald Sun.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
Old 29-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #15
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well at least everyone with silver GT's with ornage stripes will stop being pulled over, saw one yesterday being pulled over on Sydney road
Old 29-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #16
XRQTOR
Banned

It's his own fault if he wasn't racing he wouldn't have been killed, if the driver of the GT never collected the other car i don't see how he could be charged with anyhting other than street racing.
Old 29-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Alright you guys keep saying he should not have been racing,take it down the track, etc etc.

But lets face it without thinking what happen to the ferrari for a minute OK. How many of you would be in a position where you where in a High performance Aussie car or Jap car for that matter, turn at the light to find a Ferrari there next to you. And all you could think of is give him the run for his money. You would like to see him lose in that $$$ expensive car wouldn't ya. Bit like the movie! ing_sm

No offence here as i'm just making a point. I respect for those who lost there lives and condolences to the family.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
Old 29-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #18
YOOT
Banned

Quote:

I think you find NO ONE has the skills to stop a car instantly, moving at ANY speed (including 200km/h) when another car pulls in front, your tyre blows out, oil on the road, pot hole, road works, pedestrains, shall I go on? Its called physics, its called bad luck, and it will happen more often than not, simply because the odds are against the users of the public road system. As soon as you add a wild card, such as a maniac in any type of car (let alone a fast one) its like throwing bowling balls in a china shop.

If you stick to the road rules, you won't be garanteed safety, but you won't make the likely hood of death such a one sided affair.

Personally I couldn't careless what other drivers think they and their cars can or can't do, because when they smash into my wifes car, and kill my baby son or daughter, no amount of bragging rights will ever make up for it. Somehow I don't think 'tough' will cover it either, and 'bad' isn't even close to describing the loss.

Get your head examined - for the sake of me, others, yourself and my family (present and future). :togo:
Old 29-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #19
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
I think you find NO ONE has the skills to stop a car instantly, moving at ANY speed (including 200km/h) when another car pulls in front, your tyre blows out, oil on the road, pot hole, road works, pedestrains, shall I go on? Its called physics, its called bad luck, and it will happen more often than not, simply because the odds are against the users of the public road system. As soon as you add a wild card, such as a maniac in any type of car (let alone a fast one) its like throwing bowling balls in a china shop.

If you stick to the road rules, you won't be garanteed safety, but you won't make the likely hood of death such a one sided affair.

Personally I couldn't careless what other drivers think they and their cars can or can't do, because when they smash into my wifes car, and kill my baby son or daughter, no amount of bragging rights will ever make up for it. Somehow I don't think 'tough' will cover it either, and 'bad' isn't even close to describing the loss.

Get your head examined - for the sake of me, others, yourself and my family (present and future). :togo:
VERY well said!

: Cobra :
Old 29-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #20
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA
Alright you guys keep saying he should not have been racing,take it down the track, etc etc.
But lets face it without thinking what happen to the ferrari for a minute OK. How many of you would be in a position where you where in a High performance Aussie car or Jap car for that matter, turn at the light to find a Ferrari there next to you. And all you could think of is give him the run for his money. You would like to see him lose in that $$$ expensive car wouldn't ya. Bit like the movie! ing_sm
No offence here as i'm just making a point. I respect for those who lost there lives and condolences to the family.
Your right that thinking belongs in movies, i'm sick of tozzers lining me up at the lights with thier heaps of crap, people with cars that they know have the goods don't even bother with this crap, they don't need to.
Old 29-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #21
Lushau

Hey cannot be charged with anything - it's witness against witness if he denies everything he will be ok - unfortunate event but they cannot prove how fast he was going etc and if the car didn't come into contact with the Ferrari i can't see any reason to charge him - all he has to do is deny he saw the accident and he is fine - if he admits fault then he's buggered

But dangerous driving at the moment IF anything can be proved, witness against witness i dont think the court will take some persons perspective of the incident
Old 29-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #22
F6Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT

It is about time someone said this. It drives me nuts that the goverment keep blaming the performance cars when obviously its the low performance drivers who don't think what the damage will be caused (not could be). A year ago I was passed by a white skyline on the M1 in QLD not racing anybody just low flying I guess about 200+, 20 mins later I found the crash site I got there as the cop did and started to help, all that was found was a lot of white scrap metal, he had lost it on the smith st bypass and gone into the grove of trees, 650 meters before he left the road there was a white scuff mark on the concrete wall. The body was not identifable as it was mostly just red smears.
Old 29-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #23
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

Well said guys.
Even if you do survive...i'm the poor bugga who has to fix you up. The one part of my job i don't like is seeing "mates" and young people smashed up, because of easily preventable automotive related accidents.
I just ask that everyone be sensible with there own and others lives, it would make my job alot easier.
Old 29-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #24
billyb35

Could be charged with dangerous driving. Manslaughter.... maybe but difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the GT's driver's actions were sufficiently related/proximate to the death of the Ferrari driver.

And there is not much other than circumstantial and heresay evidence to pin anything else on him (i.e. red paint on his car would indicate a collision between the two vehicles but it would not indicate that he was driving dangerously at the time.)

By the sounds of it though he has probably given a confession of some sort as to the events. Would be interesting to see the outcome.

Good to see the media is still flogging the "high performance cars are the devil" horse.
Old 29-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #25
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Your right that thinking belongs in movies, i'm sick of tozzers lining me up at the lights with thier heaps of crap, people with cars that they know have the goods don't even bother with this crap, they don't need to.
Might be like that down your way Doc but up here anyone with alittle bit of power has to prove it regardless of the price of the car they are driving and thier age.
Old 29-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #26
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

From what I hear where the crash occurred was a pretty difficult bit of road, where the driver of the Ferarri knew the area and the driver of the Falcon didn't.

Im told it was leading up to a corner to which if you knew the corner you'd have known how fast to approach it, which the guy driving the Ferarri locked up/braked hard the dude with the Falcon didn't know, hence clipping the Ferarri and knocking it off the road.

But it's all hiersay
Old 29-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #27
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
From what I hear where the crash occurred was a pretty difficult bit of road, where the driver of the Ferarri knew the area and the driver of the Falcon didn't.

Im told it was leading up to a corner to which if you knew the corner you'd have known how fast to approach it, which the guy driving the Ferarri locked up/braked hard the dude with the Falcon didn't know, hence clipping the Ferarri and knocking it off the road.

But it's all hiersay
Given this is an extremely sensitive and serious matter wouldnt it be better to stick with known facts and info rather than spread "hearsay"?

Old 29-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #28
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
The cops will probably just pull it to pieces out of spite.
Old 29-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #29
red_hotxr6
Banned

I wonder if they knew one another.They could have been mates racing one another.?
Old 29-07-2006, 06:20 PM   #30
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

This is a discussional forum 4Vman, was just adding a bit to it.
Closed Thread