Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Climate control

Went out before in the TE it was raining so the usual fog on the inside of the windscreen. Turned on the climate windscreen defogger. Worked fine then the A/C cut out and it was just blowing moisture filled air onto the windscreen. Made it very dangerous to drive as i could barely see. Got home shut the car off turned it back on and put the defogger back on and all good : Anyone had this problem?

Old 27-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Guess no one has AU's with climate control mine must be special
Old 27-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahha
never had that problem with mine
and living in Tassie, I use it a lot
Old 27-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I wonder if its an A/C fault and not a Climate fault. It has cut out before when it is on Auto. But returns to normal function once car is turned off then back on.
Old 27-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Worked fine then the A/C cut out and it was just blowing moisture filled air onto the windscreen.
Did the air blowing onto the screen look like white smoke or steam? No smell attached and not smoke or steam... just looks like it?

If so, I've had it happen in my wife's car a few times. I've looked around for an answer and this is what happens (if yours is the same symptom).

From http://www.engadineautoelectrics.com...condition.html

"This odourless white vapor is most likely caused by humidity, in which case what you would be seeing is actually very small water droplets which condense out of the hot, humid air as it is cooled, then quickly disappear as they vaporise again when they mix with the warm air inside your car. It happens when hot humid air passes through the A/C cooling chamber too fast for all the condensing moisture in the air to form into water droplets on the cold metal fins of the evaporator core and are carried by the air through the outlet vents in your dash. This water vapor is not harmful and usually doesn't persist for long periods but selecting recycled air from inside your car rather than outside air will often stop water vapor forming (the recycled air inside the car will generally be lower in humidity than the outside air)."
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yeah ive had that problem before but the A/C still worked while doing that, dunno if this is the same thing. Hard to report as it doesnt happen very often :
Old 28-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

i dunno, sometimes when i turn the windscreen defogger on, it actually fogs up the windscreen more.

but i dunno if im being a retard or not, and whether i should blow cold or hot air onto the windscreen to defog it quicker?
Old 28-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

it doesn't matter. just so long as your aircon compressor is running.