Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
steamin63
old skool

Default a funny thing happened

a funny thing happened on the way home from work this arvo. as i was travelling home to cleveland this arvo , a knob in a new ss commonwhore ute was doing his peter brock impersonation, weaving in and out of traffic, at high speed in very greasy conditions. eventually i pulled up behind him in the left hand lane on a dual lane stretch of road that merges into one lane 50 meters further on. next to him was a young bird [about 20] in a new corolla. when the lights turn green he tromps it and goes nowhere [pulling 5 grand at least and wheels spinning].the bird takes off, quite sharply, no wheelspin and she's gone. barry bogan is still tromping it and still not going anywhere so i decide to go around him [in an 86 nissan pintara, bog stock, my going to the tip car]. as i pass him, i give a toot and a wave but i don't think he saw me because he didn't wave back. he finally works out that if he decreases his revs his car will actually go forwards not sideways but by this time it's to late. the chick in the corolla and the old guy in the pintara have left the party and are happily on their way home. he did catch up to me but stayed back a bit [snob if you ask me, i did wave].
thank god for holdens, it keeps the knobs out of fords.

Old 18-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ahh Qld, Toyota one day Nissan the next!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm.. must have been a genius to figure that if he stoped revving it, the car would actually move!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

New SS ute? I'd say he was being a knob deliberately then, dont they have TC?

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
New SS ute? I'd say he was being a knob deliberately then, dont they have TC?
i doubt tc would make that much of a difference with greasy roads + high revs + standard rims and tyres + and a low IQ. there's no excuse, the guy was a knob who just couldn't drive. when i passed him he was staring at his dash and looked totally confused. cheers.
Old 19-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

hahahaha! This happens to me all the time when im in the XR8!, had some chick in an 86 rolla with HDT stickers try to drag me in the cbd once!, was so funny lol!!
Old 20-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
TERRY TORRY

: The trouble is they let these inexperienced drive a driver's car ( HOT ) and have no experience at all. It is a wonder he wasn't looking to heaven when his car didn't move off. Hey, I saw a bloke the other day wearing a T shirt that said he was the STIG.:
TERRY TORRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
Nickxb
XB in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRY TORRY
Hey, I saw a bloke the other day wearing a T shirt that said he was the STIG.:

maybe he was....
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRY TORRY
: The trouble is they let these inexperienced drive a driver's car ( HOT ) and have no experience at all. It is a wonder he wasn't looking to heaven when his car didn't move off. Hey, I saw a bloke the other day wearing a T shirt that said he was the STIG.:
Experience is not everything, as your post seems to suggest. As far as we know, he could have been driving for many, many years and driven many, many cars.
There are people who have been driving for a long time, and they still don't know some of the basic rules, and lack courtesy on the road.

A lot of the P-Platers that get wiped out are the ones acting like tools and not understanding the limits of their vehicles.
There are many "inexperienced" drivers who drive safely and know how to use their car properly.

Don't snap my undies.

Last edited by uranium_death; 20-06-2008 at 09:07 PM.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post