Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

Default Craig Lowndes Hot Laps

:1syellow1

We are very excited to announce that Variety Queensland - the children's charity - is having an auction in Brisbane on Saturday 21 January. Besides lots of electrical goods, furniture, 4WD equipment etc we have one only very special opportunity that should really pack the gallery. . . .

If you have ever wondered what it would be like to go around a race track - Willowbank in this case - at race speed driven by someone who has won three V8 Supercar Championships then this is your golden opportunity.

The successful bidder will participate in a Triple Eight / Team Betta Electrical ride day. He or she will be strapped in tight in a special passenger seat in the 888 car and do a few laps of Willowbank driven by Craig Lowndes.

This is an extremely rare opportunity that should make every racing fan sit up and take notice.

The successful bidder will also receive a photograph of he or she with Craig Lowndes to enable them to really make their friends envious for years to come.

And 100% of the proceeds will go to Variety Queensland to support their work with disadvantaged children in Australia. What more could you ask?

The auction will be held at Shailer Park High School on Saturday 21 January. (Bryants road entrance.) Registration commences at 8:00am and the auction bidding will kick off at 10:00am sharp.

If you would like to bid but are unable to attend in person then please contact me at bowring-at-iinet.net.au (Replace -at- with you know what)
as soon as possible so we can put you in contact with Variety who will make arrangements for you to bid remotely.

Special thanks to Triple Eight Race Engineering for making this possible.

Please feel free to forward this note to other Craig Lowndes fans.

Regards,
Graham

Qld_Basher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know you could have just posted this once in the Pub or Bar. Keeps all the replies together.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
You know you could have just posted this once in the Pub or Bar. Keeps all the replies together.
Yeah that's a good idea, merge them all to the Pub at least that way you will get more exposure, Ill PM one of the Admin guys _2:
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

My apologies. I did not realise that at all. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,
Graham
Old 11-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qld_Basher
My apologies. I did not realise that at all. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,
Graham
No need to apologize all is good just sent a PM to one of the Admin guys, it will be easier for you to maintain if all of the replies are in the one area.
Good luck

Hoops
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #6
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

If anybody can do anything to help us promote this charity auction then we'd truly appreciate it. Someone is going to be wearing a big smile Saturday week so why not give it a go?

Regards,
Graham
Old 18-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

Anybody that would like to bid but cannot attend the auction please contact:

Rob Goodwin at Variety:

Phone (0404) 849-387 or rob@varietyqld.org

An opportunity not to be missed . . . . . you may just kick yourself if you don't submit a bid. Credit cards OK.

Old 18-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

Default Craig Lowndes Hot Laps - More Information

: :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1
Just received some more information today which is fantastic news for all race fans living in the southern states.

That is, Triple Eight has offered to allow the lucky purchaser to choose from either one of two ride days, i.e.

a.. 5 December at Phillip Island
OR
b.. 15 December at Queensland Raceway

The auction will be held at Shailer park High School on Sat 21 Jan so if you'd like further information OR to make a remote bid please contact Rob Goodwin via rob@varietyqld.org or call him on 0404 849 387
Someone will have a super smile in December!!!
Old 20-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #9
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

We have an advance bid of $500 but will be disapointed if we don't get at least twice that amount.

If you are interested please contact Rob Goodwin at Variety urgently as per previous message.

Regards,
Graham
Old 20-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #10
Qld_Basher
Qld_Basher

Last chance everybody . . . . will be sold tomorrow.