Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
351ciofgrunt
Go Hard or Go Home

Default How much is my XC worth?

Hey guys i'm selling my XC, i've pulled the 351 out to put in my GQ patrol and i've put in a tame 302c

Want to sell it now but i've got no idea how much to start asking for.

Engine: 302c, 750 Holley VS, mild cam, heavy duty V springs, standard manifold, tri Y extractors, brand new procomp dizzy, brand new coil.

Fuel: Holley Red Fuel pump, 1/2 inch line (inside diameter) Holley regulator with fuel pressure guage.

Gearbox: Toploader, centreforce clutch and hurst indy shifter

Diff: Brand new, done less than 100kms fully rebuilt 9inch with 3.9 gears and mini-spool owes me over $1200

Other stuff: Has McDonalds Bros 2 link traction bars, 3 inch dual exhaust with Lukey mufflers, mandrel bent over diff. Line Lock in cabin to switch off rear brakes (for burnout comps) King springs super lows in front. New steering arms, new brake pads.

12 slotter wheels and good tyres.

Bad Stuff: body is in poor condition, rust in guards and bonnet, needs rust repair and paint, interior is in poor condition, cracked dash worn carpet, etc

so what do you think i should have for a starting price?

351ciofgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
BJ
Banned

It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. But having said that it might be worth say any were between $3,000 to $5,000 given the type of person who buys it.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Sounds like the car is only worth the running gear if the body and interior are
poor. Guys are always after toploaders, 9" diffs and 12 slots, maybe wrecking
it will bring you more cash but as for complete sale its hard to say without
actual pics.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A few years ago I basically couldn't give away my '78 XC GXL - mild 351C, tri-Ys, big twin system, kitted FMX, disc-braked 9", A/C, factory tint, very neat interior and exterior .. only issue was slight bubbling under vinyl roof. I ended up trading it for my old '69 Dodge Phoenix hardtop (minus the 440/auto). Effectively this was about a $1500 value ..... :(
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
351ciofgrunt
Go Hard or Go Home

Bugger...i hate the way you never get your money back...well maybe i'll put it on ebay and see what the 'market forces' reckon

i dont think the people at the new place i'm living at will let me strip the car in the backyard...
351ciofgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
coupdy do

As some else said better off pulling it all apart and sell bit by bit on ebay say $700-$1500 for motor $700 for diff etc you will soon get over whatever people are prepared to pay for the whole lot.
This is why i bought a Landau after having a XC PV that no one wanted.
coupdy do is offline   Reply With Quote