Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default New or near new F6 or GS utes in SA

What a bloody frustrating state to live in. We have one of the most miserable selections of 'in showroom' or near new FPV vehicles in Australia.

Need to source one of these utes ASAP. I know one GS ute at a dealer. There was one near new that's just gone, but price diff didn't really sell it. Can't find a single new or near new (2011+) F6 or GS ute otherwise that isn't private or small dealer (1). I'd prefer near new to skip the showroom depreciation hit, but maybe a case of beggars can't be choosers. (tho demos scare me a tad with performance vehicles)

Anyway, lease restrictions say i can't buy private, and it has to be from a largish franchised dealer. Cannot buy from interstate cannot buy unregistered (which may have been a workaround otherwise). Must be a SA registered vehicle. (was thinking even a dealer interstate with a corporate relationship to a dealer here may have swung something).

SO>.....sharing my frustrations in the hope someone may have a lead on something which must be near immediately available (just traded!), a lead to a dealer who could help, some way of making a interstate vehicle work, anything. Makes life a little difficult when you have one vehicle to work with and I don't have time to order and don't really want the extra hit of ordering and not buying off the floor either.

I don't mind that one ute at all actually, but F6 would be my first choice. Some great choices interstate, nothing here (and yes I'm aware F6 ute is out of production). Some nice near new F6 ute's just not in SA :(

PM's ok if needed. Otherwise, ignore my whinging and whining....(one thing i do notice is the lack of discounting in FPV's compared to two years ago, at least here, prices are very much the same). XR6T ute is VERY tempting, but think the F6 would make me a happier man And GS...well...great deal but the XR6T loaded at low 40's makes it look a little overpriced.

(priced a awesome one up from Sathis over a year ago should've just done it while they were around and the lease co would still do interstate) :(

Old 25-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 
Default Re: New or near new F6 or GS utes in SA

Ford have a promotion for XR6T utes with manual for under $35k.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Yeah ive quoted that up and awesome value definitely on my mind.
Old 26-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Yeah know what you mean mate, bought my phoon as well as my misses's astra twin top from Vic. Then just rego'd it back here at regency park. Pretty easy, but I went and saw the cars I was buying both times to make sure they werent hit, re-sprayed etc. My wifes car was transported over at a cost of around $700.00 to our door. Saved around 8K off anything i could get here in SA so was well worth it and that was just for a car work 38K.
Old 26-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Talk to Ben Ruxton at Bryan Byrt Ford 3347 9900.

He has the last new F6 ute in Australia and also a few GS's.

He should be able to sort out your lease company issue.

Tell him I sent you!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

http://cars.bryanbyrt.com.au/view.ph...ility/6190775/

http://cars.bryanbyrt.com.au/view.ph...ility/6358678/
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
[Buckets]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does it need to be an SA registered vehicle? Never heard of this being a requirement for a lease before...Can you go through a different leasing company?
[Buckets] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Thanks Dash you never know.

Boss unfortunately it is and it's through the business I'm tied to them.

Wasnt always the case though I did it some years ago same company rules changed.
Old 26-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
[Buckets]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bummer, that's disappointing. I've purchased all of my leased vehicles from interstate for this very reason, Canberra's horrible when it comes to the selection of new and used cars...
[Buckets] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Well when I think about it, maybe I shouldn't whinge as ACT would be worse! It almost borders on discriminatory to those in the smaller states.