Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
EDXR
GRRRRRR

Angry Which came first?!??!?!

I realised something on my trip home from work today.All these years i had thought that i hated commodores, but it turns out that's not the case.
I have no problem with the car itself......more with the morons that drive them.
Tonight i had some stupid b1tch nearly in my back seat she was following so close and every time the traffic would slow and in turn i would slow i could see her in my rear view mirror throwing her hands up in the air in frustration.
What do you want me to do???!!!! Maybe drive through the car in front???!!!!
And what was she driving you say???!!! A white vr station wagon!!!!!! (bucket of sh1t)

I'm not a sunday driver and i don't just hit the brakes for no reason but i think a stopped car 2 car lengths in front is a bloody good reason to stop!!
When i was upgrading my car recently i actualy looked at a few ss commodores and the only thing that turned me off was that i would be seen as being part of the........how should i say......"special" group. :sm_drool:

I am not saying that every single person that drives a commodore is a d1ckhead but when you can play "guess the series of commodore" on the 6:00 news car crash reports because it is very rare to see any other model it sure isn't saying much for their driving ability.

So the queston i'm posing is:
What came first, the idiot or the commodore?
Do they buy said car because they are too stupid to realise there are other cars out there or are they perfectly normal resposible drivers until they buy the commodore and it changes them?

INSTANT D1CKHEAD......JUST ADD COMMODORE!! :

EDXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Look I agree there are plenty of idiots out there but Im getting really sick of the same old Commodore bashing threads.
It's not a war, without Commos Fords wouldnt be as good as they are today. The way some people on here act they'd drop dead if they even sat in one.

Im sorry, but get over it.
Old 21-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

sleep: *Yawns* Spare me please.

Last edited by Velociraptor; 21-09-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
EDXR
GRRRRRR

Sorry if i offended the masses.
I was just trying to blow off some steam.(i guess thats not allowed here)
Maybe you could try reading the post again or even print yourself out a copy so you can keep reading till you get the point.
I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DRIVERS!!!!!!! NOT THE BLOODY CARS!!!!!!

It just seems that alot of the time the maniac cutting me off or tailgating me seems to be driving a commodore.

Thats all!!!!! I don't care about the holden vs ford battle. If i drove a bloody dawoo i'd be just as ****ed.
Old 21-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6Tickford
Maybe you could try reading the post again or even print yourself out a copy so you can keep reading till you get the point.

It just seems that alot of the time the maniac cutting me off or tailgating me seems to be driving a commodore.

Thats all!!!!! I don't care about the holden vs ford battle. If i drove a bloody dawoo i'd be just as ****ed.
Mmm umm yes thats better now understand.
Old 21-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think you would find TRICK_XD disagreeing with you.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 08:01 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Unfortunally, the roads are getting worst due to lack of policing. It has nothing to do with what car they drive.

I look at Ford Hoons and I shake my head in discust..
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #8
EDXR
GRRRRRR

What do you think the answer is?
They constantly pay out on p platers yet the bad ones i come across tend to be late 30's early 40's. I am objective on this as i am not on p's or in my late 30's.

Everyone seems to think it should start with licensing and i do agree with that though there are alot of drivers on our roads that are old enough and have been driving long enough to know better. used:
Old 21-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:

No dramas mate, sorry if i came across a bit strong, i just get tired of the brand bashing threads that pop up sometimes. I understand what you mean though.
Old 21-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #10
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If i drove a bloody dawoo i'd be just as ****ed.
If I drove a Dawoo, I'd be ****ed off too. Parts must be hard to get.
Old 21-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #11
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even though I love Commodores I cant stand some of the d1ckheads that drive them.

I hate it when ****ers yell out the wndow at me with their retarted bogan slogans.

But as you said EDXR6TICKFORD the problem isnt the car its the idiots that think their better then everyone.

Last edited by Ryan; 21-09-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #12
EDXR
GRRRRRR

I would also like to appologise if i have caused anyone any offense with this thread.

I know i shouldn't blame a particular model or brand for the stupid driving of one person. It's just so frustrating when you put so much effort into cleaning and maintianing your vehicle to have people sitting up your backside and risking an accident.

Just needed to get it off my chest. _2:
Old 21-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #13
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries mate I know what you mean.

You havent offended me cause as I said before I cant stand the morons either no matter what car they drive.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #14
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Well personally I've found there's bogans on both sides of the fence, but much more on the Commodore side. There seems to be no end of Commodore owners that wear caps while driving, `surge' an automatic, and steer by `fist on the wheel'. Ford owners tend to be more open-minded, but the brand loyalty is still there generally.

A friend noted the other day how much `competition' there is on the road. If you drive a Ford and have a Commodore behind you, chances are he'll overtake you at full throttle.

Just my $0.02.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #15
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the idiots came first. Before Commodores, they probably drove HQs or earlier Holdens
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #16
xagtly

Try riding a motorcycle and see how many c0cksuckers drive anything with 4 wheels.
As soon as you put the helmet on, every man and his dog is trying to kill you.
And what the heck is it with hogging the right hand lane. There's clusterf@cks one after another. It's simple. Pass in that lane and then get the !@#$ back into the left one. (Rememebr to indicate when you do. Yeah, that's the little lever on the side of the steering column)
Mate, I know exactly how you feel.

**Stupid Advice to speed removed**

Anyway, I've had my winge. Back to you all.
Steve

Last edited by Sourbastard; 22-09-2005 at 09:35 AM. Reason: illegal rantings & ravings
xagtly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #17
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagtly
Try riding a motorcycle and see how many c0cksuckers drive anything with 4 wheels.
And what the heck is it with hogging the right hand lane. There's clusterf@cks one after another. It's simple. Pass in that lane and then get the !@#$ back into the left one. (Rememebr to indicate when you do. Yeah, that's the little lever on the side of the steering column)

Anyway, I've had my winge. Back to you all.
Steve
Thank God for people like you ,I might need a new liver one day.

Last edited by Sourbastard; 22-09-2005 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Xagtly wisdom removed
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #18
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
More like once the helmet is on all the road law change to suit the rider!!
Quote:
That's right leave the right lane for the bike to fly by, otherwise they will have to use the emergency lane!

Always good to promote excessive speeding, great moral. Also don't forget while speeding, send SMS and drink alcohol!! [/sarcasm]
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe

Last edited by Sourbastard; 22-09-2005 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Xagtly wisdom removed
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #19
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These threads are so stupid - idiots in any vehicle, take your pick - of course commodores are overrepresented as they are the biggest selling car.

:

Where's the highway patrol gone? Answer that question and then you can realise why there is so many idiots at the moment.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 08:00 AM   #20
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
More like once the helmet is on all the road law change to suit the rider!!
Can we not turn this into a rider bashing thread......please.... :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #21
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We don't seem to haev the problems with Holden drivers over here that you have. Most of the idiots around here are in little jap hatch backs, Pulsars, Hondas etc.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #22
$needmoney$

ltdho im guessing your one of those ...... that sits in the right lane doin 95 in 100 zone. sitting in the right lane lane is an offence unless overtaking (that means driving past the car in the left lane) so your brakeing the law to. i bet when you do eventualy pull over the car behind flys past you with the s and you brand them the hoon brakeing the law
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #23
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

What amuses me more than anything in this thread is that people have to beat the censorship system and make it a point in their argument to swear.

Last edited by Laminge; 22-09-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #24
xespac

This post isn't to bag out holdens...but it just so happend that...

Three days ago a holden commodore (don't no much about holdens, nor care - but was fairly new) passed a car that was doin 80km/h an the guy probably passed it at 160km/h down the left side of the road(SERVICE LANE) - an he was a p-plater with his seat back...and layed back an with his cap on his head like he's cool =)

Again, this isn't against holden fans, but it just so happend to be someone driving one.... i'd of told this story if it was ford as well....but fortunently it wasn't :P

Though today, I had two ford drivers...1 passed me in 60 zone doin 80km/h an another didn't give way to me!

Last edited by xespac; 22-09-2005 at 10:19 PM.
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 12:23 AM   #25
BlueJ

Oh well, I'll join in for better or worse. Long post here, need to get it off my chest.

I have moved from 'central' Melbourne to 'Western' Melbourne recently and I am now driving to and from work using the Ring Road everyday at peak hour. I didn't use it much in the five years before I moved.

I used to see the occasional act of automotive stupidity while commuting to the North Western suburbs where I work from 'central' Melbourne. Now I see gross stupidity on a daily basis on the Ring Road. Some of the driving that I am seeing takes my breath away. I am sure we have all seen people driving like complete tools in heavy traffic, weaving in and out of small gaps, 30km/h speed differentials with no space and no margin for error, haven't we? No need to expand on this further, it is just stupid behaviour.

When a freeway (or any road) reaches capacity, the best thing to do is leave a gap, keep an eye on events a couple of hundred meters ahead and avoid trouble. You will get where you are going, just accept that several hundred other people want to do this all at the same time as you do.

So many people just don't get it. What on earth are they thinking? "I want to overtake the car in front, and then the car in front of it, bugger they are not moving over, I'll tailgate them for a while, OK they are braking so they must be trying to make me slow down, I'll move into the middle lane, bugger they are slower, I'll move into the left lane, beauty only 30 metres until this lane merges, I can pass two cars by then, back into the middle lane doing 120+, don't want to slow down now, they're all slowing down, they are all against me, only a few hundred cars between me and my exit, I can take them all!"

Or something like that.

If you want to drive like that, fine, do it on an empty road. Not during peak hour. Or get a PlayStation and play it until you grow up.

I won't comment on which cars I associate most with this kind of behaviour. Suffice to say I don't recall seeing many modern Monaros or Commodore wagons being driven in a dangerous fashion. They seem to be driven by sensible individuals! Likewise Astras, Vectras and Crewmen. That still leaves Commodore sedans and utes, but as I said I won't comment on the cars that I associate most with this kind of behaviour.

Still, the most dangerous behaviour of all is seen at the Southern end of the Tullamarine freeway where it merges into the Calder. The Tulla is two lanes for most of the way, but it carries a lot of traffic in the evening peak, and often comes to a standstill. This happens because there are 5 lanes merging within 5km or so, and then the two lanes of the Tulla (which is carrying enough traffic for at least four lanes by then) merges with the two lanes of the Calder (which is carrying enough traffic for three lanes) and becomes three lanes itself. You don't need to be Einstein to grasp the concept of a 'bottleneck' in this context.

What is the response of most people to this congestion? Most slow down. Some don't.

Some maintain their speed and drive in the emergency lane, moving from the emergency lane to the next freeway on-ramp and back again, only slowing down when another car is trying to merge onto the freeway in front of them. I wonder what these idiots are thinking? "This is a nice empty road they left for me, so they should I am much more important than they are, what is that idiot in front of me doing, he is trying to merge into that lane where all those slow cars are?, what a tool, oops he is moving 70km/h slower than I am and he is directly in my path, he is making me slow down, how dare he!"

What is interesting is that it only takes one to start driving in the emergency lane, and soon there are many. Interesting similarities between the group behaviour (and the survival strategies?) of lemmings and people who drive in emergency lanes.

Funnily enough these drivers are mostly in Porsches (yes its true), BMWs (no surprise there?), 4WDs (no! you don't say) and....FORDS (well, before you get excited, actually only the yellow ones with the lights on the roof).

There, took a while and I had a bob each way. Bewdy.

Last edited by BlueJ; 23-09-2005 at 12:26 AM. Reason: spelling...well it is a long post OK?
BlueJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #26
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I nearly had a VP Commodore Run up the rear end of me last week. I have experienced more times nearly been hit by a Commodore than a Falcon. Enough said thats my 2c worth.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #27
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Yeah its amazing, some fellow V8 crummydoors have respect, but its mainly the had (Half A Dozen) and the hoare (Half Of A Real Engine) brigade that want to scream past, and blow off at the lights. Especially female P platers in barina's and excel's.

Hey I am not bagging any demographics, just staing what I see.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #28
lms10

I would have thought that a ford driver,in a ford forum, should be able to vent his/her frustration at any other car make without ppl jumping all over them for doing so, especially retarded commy drivers.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #29
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Unfortunally, the roads are getting worst due to lack of policing. It has nothing to do with what car they drive.

I look at Ford Hoons and I shake my head in discust..
BZZZT!! Wrong, roads are not getting worse. Drivers are not getting better and it's due to lack of patience and courtesy.

Comode drivers aren't the worst. My nightmare is a Volvo driver with S.A. number plates wearing a hat and towing a caravan!

P.S. your spell checker batteries need replacing as well.
Old 24-09-2005, 01:32 AM   #30
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggajag
Drivers are not getting better and it's due to lack of patience and courtesy.
Patience and courtesy? Can't find those words anywhere. Are they a foreign language?
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post