Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Back From The USA

I have come back from a holiday in America.
The new Ford EDGE looks great. As is the Focus. The styling is kinetic and looks nice.
The EDGE isn't built in r)hand drive but should be. FORD should get it here asap !!
The number of SUV's on the road is HUGE !!!
I saw an F650 on the road in VEGAS, one word, TANK !!!
The cars on the road that we dream off to have here , Mustangs, Corvettes, Charger's etc are common.
The Americans are complaining off $3.80 a gallon for gas but thats cheap compared too us !!
No camera so no pics. sorry... Definite eye candy place to go for cars.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen a number of Ford Edge's in the Middle East, they do look pretty good, but they're not that dissimilar in size to a Territory.
aquahead2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
The cars on the road that we dream off to have here , Mustangs, Corvettes, Charger's etc are common.
When I was in the USA about 2004(?) I didn't actually seem many old "classics" driving around (I was in Hawaii, LA, Vegas, SanFran, Seattle, Houston, SanAntonio, Memphis). I think I've seen more "driver" Mustangs and whatnot in Melbourne than I saw in my travels ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Quote:
I have come back from a holiday in America.
The new Ford EDGE looks great. As is the Focus. The styling is kinetic and looks nice.
The EDGE isn't built in r)hand drive but should be. FORD should get it here asap !!
The number of SUV's on the road is HUGE !!!
I saw an F650 on the road in VEGAS, one word, TANK !!!
The Americans are complaining off $3.80 a gallon for gas but thats cheap compared too us !!
No camera so no pics. sorry... Definite eye candy place to go for cars.

Just been to the states myself,great people and atmosphere, I felt so at home there.

Just out of curiosity,you went to america without a camera??????
Clint Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by edda bah
Just been to the states myself,great people and atmosphere, I felt so at home there.

Just out of curiosity,you went to america without a camera??????
Yes..didn't need to take foto's. Took plenty last time...going over same area
Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Been to the US twice in the last 2 years, only camera I own is on my phone and I'd prefer a phone without a camera for work purposes.. tough to get one though.

Driving past a car yard is an experience where I was. Think of the largest Ford Dealership in Australia, then imagine it just packed with Mustangs... and that was only 1/8th of the yard.

All the people I met were warm and welcoming and fascinated by Australia. Their airport timetables leave a lot to be desired though... and the 15 odd hour flight to and from the West coast is a killer.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Been to the US twice in the last 2 years, only camera I own is on my phone and I'd prefer a phone without a camera for work purposes.. tough to get one though.

Driving past a car yard is an experience where I was. Think of the largest Ford Dealership in Australia, then imagine it just packed with Mustangs... and that was only 1/8th of the yard.

All the people I met were warm and welcoming and fascinated by Australia. Their airport timetables leave a lot to be desired though... and the 15 odd hour flight to and from the West coast is a killer.
I agree !! Cattle class is really bad !! Then USA Customs and Immigration to get thru !! I agree the people are friendly but depends on the area you go to.
I saw a car yard that was nearly all Excursions, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators. Those Navigators are a LOTTO for me !!! The prices are what gets me, V6 Mustang $19990 drive away !!!! Focus $1199 drive away !!!
Nice to dream !!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
StookEB

Quote:
Focus $1199 drive away !!!
Is that the price? or do you mean $11990?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
Is that the price? or do you mean $11990?
oops !!! typo $11990 for the base model in Vegas
Old 09-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

how long did you go there for, this time?
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
Paxton
Cobblers!

The USDM Focus IS NOT Kinetic. It is USDM.

When I was there last, I could sum up the cars as the following: Mustang, Toyota, Crown Victoria. Everything else just blended in.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
When I was in the USA about 2004(?) I didn't actually seem many old "classics" driving around (I was in Hawaii, LA, Vegas, SanFran, Seattle, Houston, SanAntonio, Memphis). I think I've seen more "driver" Mustangs and whatnot in Melbourne than I saw in my travels ..
Same here I've been over 9 times and the only time I've seen old classics including a Australian Charger in any number was at car shows or swap meets such as Pomona in LA ( I purchased a 82 Collecter Edition Corvette ) and the one thats harder to get around than Ballarat swap meet was at the October Carlisle Fall swap meet in Pennsylvania it took me two days to walk around the joint and its got hills.
I was over there last March and the only new Ford passenger that I would buy would be the Mustang. The current Aussie Falcons leave there 4 door Fords well behind in looks and the crappy light steering Ok for tight parking but takes a bit to get used to on the 2007 Fusion that I hired was a average drive.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #13
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Yeah me too. I was there last November (mainly in Las Vegas) and 80% of the cars on the road were new Mustangs, Ford Crown Victorias/ Mercury Grand Marquis and Toyotas, and of course the large array of SUVs and Pick up Trucks. I hardly saw any cars that were more than 10 years old. Although I did see a mint XB GT Coupe though which blew me away.

What did you drive while you were over there? I had a Mustang Convertible (just a V6) Compared to my BF it was gustless but for a V6 it had sounded pretty good. Gutless engine aside, it was simply gorgeous to drive, and felt special.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:41 AM   #14
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
What did you drive while you were over there? I had a Mustang Convertible (just a V6) Compared to my BF it was gustless but for a V6 it had sounded pretty good. Gutless engine aside, it was simply gorgeous to drive, and felt special.
I've hired Fords, Chevs, Buicks, Dodges and a Toyota Camry the most ordinary drive was a 2003 Taurus. But then the others were not much better just transport. The Dodge was the quickest and largest boot.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #15
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've said it a few times on here... Ford Australia should import the Edge, it's a fantastic car, and the pictures dont do it justice. It feels very well built, has more legroom in the back than a Falcon (so it seems), it's hard to get out of one and straight in to the other.. and probably more capability than an Escape.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #16
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I've said it a few times on here... Ford Australia should import the Edge, it's a fantastic car, and the pictures dont do it justice. It feels very well built, has more legroom in the back than a Falcon (so it seems), it's hard to get out of one and straight in to the other.. and probably more capability than an Escape.

It would compete with our SUV Terrritory more so than a Falcon. Talking about bad design flaws in some cars while over there I hired A Buick Rendezuous to do the National parks when you pulled the sun visor down it was so big it blocked your vision no wonder they gave that gutless ugly sucker the flick