Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

Default Has this ever happened to you...

Hey.....
I was just wondering who has this happened to...

I was drivng along with Glenn to the movies... and this guy tried to commit suicide on my UTE

NO LIE I have photos etc I am in complete and utter shock.. he has f@xk my door and panel...

He is ok ... just a few scratches thankgod.. I was onlu doing 60kms in an 80 kms zone.... I cannot believe he did it...

Apparently he was in the phone booth on the phone to his girlfriend and found out she was cheating on him or something .... but oh my god...

I HATE DARWIN... EVERYONE GOES TROPPO
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
5 cop cars and 1 ambo....

I will post pics of damages soon...

outback_chick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

OMG ... well you dont blame him, thats some serious news, but i would hate to be in your shoe's also :(
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Luckily he survived for both of your sakes. Would of been quite traumitising.

This happened a couple of weeks ago over here where an old woman jumped off a walkway overpass into peak hour traffic. Only difference is she got the job done.

Its not really fair bringing someone else into your problems.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
mikestp
EF Ghia

nope that has never happened to me
mikestp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My Dad had someone do it under the back wheels of the semi trailer he was driving.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I had a similar thing happen quite a few years ago in the Truck.

He failed in his attempt to run into me, but managed to bounce off me and go under the KW behind me...he got his wish.
Old 30-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I had a similar thing happen quite a few years ago in the Truck.

He failed in his attempt to run into me, but managed to bounce off me and go under the KW behind me...he got his wish.

......alls well that ends well.........err , I'll get my coat.
Old 30-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
My Dad had someone do it under the back wheels of the semi trailer he was driving.
What? Was the bloke was lying down when the under the truck whilst it was stationary?

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePistonHead
What? Was the bloke was lying down when the under the truck whilst it was stationary?
No, he was wandering around on the road trying to get hit by anything that was heading towards him.
Dad tried moving onto the wrong side of the road (it was late at night, and thankfully no traffic oncoming), and had hit the brakes when he saw him, but just couldn't pull up in time (fully loaded), and the guy dived under the trailer.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Before they put cages on the bridges on the M5 ... a witnessed someone jump off Raby Rd overpass into peak hour traffic ... he totalled the Magna he hit ... the poor woman driving was in hysterics ... nearly caused a massive pile up in peak hour traffic.

I was driving home not really bothering to look around and then realised what was happening ... all I could get out was "WTF!!!".
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

I dont think any chick is worth that.... and I think it was more of an attention act...not to be rude or selfish or spiteful..but the first thing i noticed is that he thought twice about going in front of me (I thought he was looking at trying to cross the road..) and then he jumped into the side of me... not only that the first thing he said to the coppers was....she wasnt going that fast...
Old 30-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

A guy jumped off a building where i used to work

42nd floor - got his wish
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #13
goof

Your right no chick is worth that, the guy needs some mental help or somethin
Good to hear your ok tho. I once had a guy ride his bike out in front of me, he survived but it took a couple of weeks for me to get back behind the wheel
Go Mods: Raptor Supercharger, Bosch 440cc inj, 4495's, High flow cat, 2.5" exhaust, BF turbo brakes
Hows it go: 13.04@107.8mph 1.99 60ft 233.4rwkw
goof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's how my 1st au was written off, some lady attempted to suicide by running onto the road in front of the car ahead of me. Luckily he stopped, so did I, but behind me... They decided brakes weren't required, my car would stop them effectively enough.

Cops found the woman, didn't find out why she did it. It really is stupid they do it like this and seriously endanger the lives of many on the road.
Old 30-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #15
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

After a meal at Pancakes at the rocks, I went down the same street to do a U turn where the round about is just after you pass under the bridge.

On the right you have water, the left a park / grass area, then a footpath, then the street. Just as I was passing under the bridge I saw something out of the corner of my eye, on the left hand side. I went under the bridge, did the turn and went back the way I came.

I was thinking... did I see something falling from the sky?? No... could it?

Yup, a guy had jumped from the harbour bridge, landed in the grass a few metres from the footpath and road, he hit the same time I passed under. Was he 5 metres closer to the water he would have been a hood ornament.

In the 20 seconds it took to do the turn, there was already 3 people around him on mobile phones. From what I saw he died on impact.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
Shounak

So who pays for the damage if you don't have full comp insurance?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you or someone you know may be at risk of suicide, contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or seek immediate help from a GP or a counsellor

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #18
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

The coppers told me that because I was the victim when I ring my insurance (fully comp) luckily I will be covered without paying for the excess... BUT if I wasnt insured I would have to take him to court...
The police said... There is no crime for committing suicide... or trying to... Also he admitted to the police that he wanted to commit suicide. So I was all clear anyways..
Old 30-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

bugger....that would really spoil your day.

after reading all these stories i`m starting to feel like i`ve missed something (gladly). must be a pretty common occurance.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #20
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

ok so here are the lovely damages... now I do feel like crying.....

Old 30-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #21
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
....well you dont blame him, thats some serious news....
Good on ya mate, that's far from serious news. I have no respect for people who want to/try to kill themselves, it is a selfish act.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #22
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

damn... he gave it a fair old nudge, how did he end up.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #23
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

Well he was a solid bugger and had a few cuts on his arm and hand.... and just a bit sorry.....well thats what he said...

I'm sort of glad he didnt kill himself on my car on purpose...and at the same time I'm glad he was able to get help through this..but I still dont think you should endanger others because of your selfless acts. And because of your problems.... He walks away fine.. no charges and gets help... I have to sort out this vehicle and it inconveniences me and the damages and he doesnt have any consequences...which to me is unfair.
Old 30-08-2008, 11:54 PM   #24
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_chick
Well he was a solid bugger and had a few cuts on his arm and hand.... and just a bit sorry.....well thats what he said...

I'm sort of glad he didnt kill himself on my car on purpose...and at the same time I'm glad he was able to get help through this..but I still dont think you should endanger others because of your selfless acts. And because of your problems.... He walks away fine.. no charges and gets help... I have to sort out this vehicle and it inconveniences me and the damages and he doesnt have any consequences...which to me is unfair.
Give your insurance company his details and they will chase him for the expenses of the repairs.

I know what it feels like, I had the same thing happen to me while I was driving a truck on the M4 in Sydney. He got his wish.

Very unnerving feeling,a bit of advise though is that if you start to have any dreams or night ares about it you should go and see your doctor straight away.

It can start to get on top of you if you don't.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #25
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

Thanks rapid.. I thought I would post this sort of thing because I needed a little advice and help on this sort of thing..

Anyways I shall see how I sleep tonight.. I havent got behind the wheel yet... so I dont know about that part yet....
Old 31-08-2008, 01:19 AM   #26
gemibabe

wow I'm glad he didn't kill himself, for your sake...would be terrible to have to live with that, but I thought it was against the law to attempt suicide?

So what movie you end up seeing?
Old 31-08-2008, 03:33 AM   #27
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

i too was under that impression. was once told it is the only crime you can be charged for attempting but not committing.
Old 31-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #28
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

The police said I can charge him with wilful damage to the vehicle... but I wont get anywhere..... I was like great fantastic....

Anyways... I didnt end up going to the movies lol.... I went home and had a few drinks to relax the nerves and we hired movies out...(luckily I can walk to my local movie store lol)
Old 31-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #29
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_chick
The police said... There is no crime for committing suicide... or trying to... Also he admitted to the police that he wanted to commit suicide. So I was all clear anyways..
It is against the law, and either way he either needs to be charged with malicious damage(if he did it on purpose), and/or he needs to be scheduled and taken to a mental hospital for assessment and treatment, and it is the police responsibility to do so.
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #30
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

Well how come the sgt told me that... and also... he did do it on purpose as he admitted it to me ands the cops.. do you think they said it wont go anywhere because of the inconvenience to them and paperwork? if you dont mind me asking how do you know? are you someone in the line of law... I really need to find exact details on this if you could help that would be great. The ambos tok him away and also said that he will be assessed etc..