Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Engine Using Oil

i had a service at easter time, and had a engine oil flush and a full new bottle put in, last monday ive checked the oil and has gone right done past the add sign and past the bottom line, i have no leaks what so ever, no oil puddles on the ground, and no power lost either,

does this mean im up for a rebuild or is it a simple fix,

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

How many KMs on the last oil change?

Did you notice it dropping before last monday?

Does she burn a little oil,whats your oil cap like?
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

mine was doing the same thing it could be 2 things your PCV Valve is full of stuff and needs replaceing its about $12 from Birsons

or it could be your rings on there way out witch in that case the moter will neeed a rebuild

thank god mine was only the PCV valve
id go get a new one and fit it and top the oil up and watch it iver the next 2 weeks or so

Is your car Blowing Blue Smoke out of the Exhust??
Old 28-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unsure taking it to my ex diesel mechanic tommoro, when she is sitting at idle and i rev it no blue smoke comes out or anything like that,

found out the rumble noise which has been buggering me, thought it was conrod noise but its not, one of my lifters has collapsed and is making the rumble nosie

thats 700 dollars to fix, new cam gear, new lifters, head bolts and gasket kit, labour, head gets sent away to be machined and tested,

would that collapsed lifter have anything to do with engine oil use

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 28-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gilmore,

i take my oil cap off and she is black,

i think my car had about 290,000kms last service and now has done 309 000kms

no power loss at all still has the guts

no oil leaks on the ground at all either

Old 28-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thats about 9000km past when it should have been done.Its burning it off.

I do mine every 5000km and when oil comes out its definetely done her job by then.

Your up for another engine flush but this time drain the crap out but leave the oil filter on.Next you put some Cheap 20w50w oil in with flush additive and give her a good 15mins idling with varying revs every minute or so.Fill her back up with good oil and new filter after that.

Get this done before she drops her guts.

Sounds like your service schedules are a bit on the lengthy side.Does your car have the books/manual?

Are you pulling our legs?lol
Old 28-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what do you mean buy pulling legs,

the car is 10 years old, was bought from zupps holden, with under about 250 000 at the time, was used as a rep car before my parents had it and then i bought it off them, not knowing about these problems,

i havent had the time or money to get the serivce done

of course it has books, last serivce had rad flush and fresh engine oil put in and i was there when it was done and a new filter,

it is going in soon after my mothers car to get its serivce done, i havent had the time to do it recently with the recent loss of my job and no money,

how dare accuse me of pulling legs if i was i wouldnt post anything

not to worry when she drops, just rebuild another engine for her with the help of parents comming to the party, so they should, sold me the car with these problems grr

engine rebuild will cost about 2 grand, but while im there i might as well get some work done and a cam, then go get a tune,

Old 28-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Well the books will tell you to change oil every 10,000kms,you had a job around that time yeah?

Cant blame me for asking.
Old 28-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

anyways wont no till i get it checked tommoro will update

Old 28-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #10
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906

how dare accuse me of pulling legs if i was i wouldnt post anything
Relax mate, he was just asking, no malice in his intentions.

Quote:
Not to worry when she drops, just rebuild another enginefor her with the help of parents comming to the party, so they should, sold me the car with these problems grr
Hey mate, I don't think your parents sold you car in the knowledge that this may occur. As others have said, your around 9000k past the scheduled service. At the km the engine has covered, you would expect it to burn some oil. I reckon (as the other posted stated) you should give her a good flush, and pop in some new oil and a new filter, and monitor her oil consumption. See how much the level on the dipstick has gone down after 1000km. Hopefully there is nothing wrong, and it wont cost you any more money!

PS: Goodluck in finding a new job!!!
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks, i have replied for 20 in the past week, nothing, no phone call no email nothing,

lol my parents did no of this they just denied it, owe well, its owned out right and i wont be getting rid of it,

when it was bought form zuppz holden, went back 5 times for the right tow bar, 5 times for them to fix the window, grrr

lol if it drops it guts i have a excuse to move my date for my build forward, will rebuild bottom end and get a freashen up on the head with preformace gear and a cam,

thinking about the non computer cams, any one had experience with these cams before cheers

Old 28-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

All engines will burn a little oil with normal operation, the mileage you have done since the last service you should expect the level to be down a bit.

Your lifter may have failed due to not changing your oil regulary, not changing it will allow it to sludge up which will block oil galleries, lifters etc and can cause rings to stick in their grooves

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not quiet sure, i no the rockers and that are very noisy when up in the rev range, wont no till tommoro, till i find out

Old 29-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #14
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well im off today for check on car and to see whats wrong etc, will take a camera and some pics of what we find

if worse comes to worse,

i will be rebuilding bottom end with stronger pistions, etc, the head will just get a little head work as i have been told they really dont need it for a cam, then i purchase a medium sized cam, vernier gears, etc

im going today to my mechanic so he can inspect the car and discuss engine rebuilding

place in brownsplains, called peter rose engine reconditioners, will go see him some time soon and get price to get some head work done,

will be a slow build , then i can save up and get a flash box and get it to nerang at chip torque to be tuned,

Old 29-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #15
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

took car to my mechanic today and its a lifter that has failed, there like 10 dollars each, so next couple of weeks will get all the lifters replaced, and see where i go from there, hopefully i get it done before next friday before rpd dyno night

Old 30-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
took car to my mechanic today and its a lifter that has failed, there like 10 dollars each, so next couple of weeks will get all the lifters replaced, and see where i go from there, hopefully i get it done before next friday before rpd dyno night
$10 each for a lifter thats cheap, i paid $18. Mate just replace them yourself, they just pull out and u push the new one in. Easy as pie. If u are gonna get your head done, talk to HEADSENSE Colin knows his .
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
i have replied for 20 in the past week, nothing, no phone call no email nothing,
Maybe you should apply for them instead.

Seriously though, give the car a service and while you are at it, degrease the underside of the engine and see if you can see any leaks.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i ment i applied for the jobs

nah rather i get some one who knows what they are doing, incase i stuff it up, and the same time i will get the service done while he is at it