Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
xrford
WAGONE

Default Bonnet latch different between AU 1 and 2?

I just put a xr front and series 1 bonnet with bulge on my S2 au and was wondering why i cant get it to shut down the whole way? i know the lever on the front you pull to release the latch is different but the whole bonnet isnt sitting on the rubber stops next to the front of the guards?
the whole thing wobbles when drivng and its shitting me cos i know everything is lined up sweet any suggestions?

xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Skotty
Banned

Yeah, no dice... You need to get a AU series 1 bonnet catch as the catch bewteeh the series 1 and the series 2 is diffrent (been covered a few tims on AFF..) I learn that when I a bonnet on a AU when I was doing my panel beating appreinceship (heh expensive for the boss )
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bonnet latch is different between low and high series bonnets.
One off a low series AU1(forte, futura), AU ute or an AU XR series will suit.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no wonder why i cant get my s2 bonnet to sit properly either on mine i have series 1 bonnet and recently converted to series 2 bonnet, thanks for the info

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #5
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty
Yeah, no dice... You need to get a AU series 1 bonnet catch as the catch bewteeh the series 1 and the series 2 is diffrent (been covered a few tims on AFF..) I learn that when I a bonnet on a AU when I was doing my panel beating appreinceship (heh expensive for the boss )
thats strange i put a au2 bonnet on my ute with no problems its a series 1, just lucky maybe.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yeah it can be done, and vice versa, but it's never the same again unless you use the proper part. just different angles iirc
Old 29-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

The latch will need to be modified. It's a problem that a few of us with the bulge have come accross.

Two threads that will help are
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11258446
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217887

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
xrford
WAGONE

problem solved thanks for the reply guys, ill just go down and pick one up from the wreckers, ive alrady messed around with bending the lever to stop it hitting so may as well do it properly now cheers.
Old 29-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Nice wagon - love a wagon with the XR front - I still wonder why ford didn't, and still don't do one from the factory. I reckon BF3 wagon with FG XR front would look awesome!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
xrford
WAGONE

cheers mate will post some pics in the wagon section soon and i was thinkin of doin a build thread as well, just finished the interior so its nearly there!
by the way the bonnet now sits sweet with the right latch lol :sm_headba