Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default Insurance brokers etc

Hey guys, just got my annual insurance invoice for next year today, and i am not impressed i must say...

I have a BA Fairmont Ghia 2002 V8. lowered, all the bolt on mods etc.

Now... JUST CAR INSURANCE are charging me $1250.
standard excess $500-
for being 22 = $400
plus my 20 inch wheels are covered aswell, but if i want to claim something they will charge me the above PLUS another $400.

SO... i am after something better, but as I am 22, and own and drive a V8... i am over getting turned away by insurance agency's.

does anyone know of any decent insurance company's that can look past my age...

by the way... i have not had an accident, speeding fine.. etc etc for 4 years now.

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure about the age part .... but I am with Shannons ........ Excellent price for agreed value on the Sprint .......

I couldnt find anyone else that could offer a premium of anything even remotely close to the afforability of them ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
mowog
Discovery 4

Dont use a Broker...

They always put a margin on top to cover their commisions.

Get online and run quotes... Then call
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog
Dont use a Broker...

They always put a margin on top to cover their commisions.

Get online and run quotes... Then call
So I guess you work for free as well then mowog?

Here is a comparison - you get your car serviced, the mechanic charges you for his labour and also charges you for the parts - does he sell the parts to you for trade and only charges you for his labour - I DONT THINK SO

OR does he forget the labour charge and just charge you for parts..............UN NO !!!!!!!!!!

Also when using a Broker they work on behalf of you where as if you deal with an insurance company they work with their own interests in mind.

TRY this simple test, don't pay your car insurance by your renewal date and have an accident after you renewal date and wait for this answer from an Insurance Company - I am sorry you have not paid your renewal so you are not covered.

Where as if you did that and you were insured through an insurance broker you still will be covered as insurance brokers have credit terms and automatically renew your policy with the insurer.............

Case Closed

On the insurance side the total premium of $1250 is a very good price for some one aged 22 with a V8

Standard excess of $500 is only $50 to $100 more than a std excess on most car insurer's policy's

Being 22 additional excess is $400 - you will have to pay an age excess until you are 25 mate

20 inch wheels additional excess of $500.

If your wheels are stolen you wont have to pay the age excess of $400 as you weren't driving the car

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.

Last edited by Sorted; 25-10-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Something else on behalf of brokers. They can sometimes get a better price in the first place. Often, even with their fee, the price can be lower than if you sought it from the insurer yourself.

I can broker interstate vehicle transport through a major carrier, for less than you can get it direct from said carrier, and I make money from it and you save.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From my experience you will not find anyone cheaper than just car in your circumstances, well I couldn't anyway. 1200 is not that bad at all, sure the excesses are quite high and I can see why you want to sell the 20's, 900 excess is pretty standard at your age.
Old 27-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Cheers.. thanks guys..
It's all very helpful.. think i will just stick with this mob till i hit 25 then go with shannons, they seem to be the best for classics and customs.

Cheers
Rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #8
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
TRY this simple test, don't pay your car insurance by your renewal date and have an accident after you renewal date and wait for this answer from an Insurance Company - I am sorry you have not paid your renewal so you are not covered.

Where as if you did that and you were insured through an insurance broker you still will be covered as insurance brokers have credit terms and automatically renew your policy with the insurer.............

[

Actually thats not quite true.
By law a renewal must be sent at least 21 days prior to expiry.
Even then if on your renewal Lets for example say its anniversary date is 1st of October each year. The renewal will state that and give you a date of 15 October as payment due date, if it remains unpaid after that, (most) will send a second reminder stating it is overdue wich will extend it 1 week from there before it actually lapses and a claim is denied because it was unpaid.
If during that time you have a claim and the policy has not lapsed the insurer should cover you provided the premium and any excess applciable is paid. Because in thier "normal" circumstances they would have accepted the payment anyway.
Old 28-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #9
Hally

20 inch wheels does not make it a custom.......
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post