Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
Paxton
Cobblers!

Default Repeated Crap Service at Ford, Its time to Name Names

My Territory is back at Ford today to have the front Diff replaced. I asked for the car to be returned to me by 1500, because I had to have the car back. I called up today at 1430 and asked for my car back, and Ford told me that "Oh sorry Sir, we tried to call you at your office number to tell you that we had your car was not ready, however we couldn't get through". I asked what number they used, and they told me my OLD work number, yet EVERY time that I have had the car in, I have told them to change the number. They didn't change it. I was called at home and now I am now told 11 AM tomorrow, yet I needed that car by THIS AFTERNOON. Dominelli Ford at Kirrawee were absolutely HOPELESS in this matter. I am VERY close to selling the Territory in spite of Ford. Ferdie Dominelli is getting an abusive letter, because the Service guys LIED to me. I want my Territory back, however I have to wait until tomorrow. I now have to look for another service department, because I have been lied too many times. If Ford don't make me happy tomorrow, Look for a Black Territory for sale, because it will be mine. I am NOT HAPPY. Ford, this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I want my car to be fixed, and fixed well.

Lift your game Dominelli Ford.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.

Last edited by Paxton; 31-10-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Can you take this matter up with Ford direct and bypass the dealer?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:11 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I haven't followed this through, but apart from the anger which is apparent in your post there seems to be more to the story.

How long have they had the car? What where the other issues? Why the delay?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I haven't followed this through, but apart from the anger which is apparent in your post there seems to be more to the story.

How long have they had the car? What where the other issues? Why the delay?
Gary, If you read the Territory forums, My Territory is a Friday build. I have had it with them over the last 11 months about problems with my car, and every time the car returns from Ford, there are more problems than solutions. They only fixed the Ping because of my constant calling. I drive it away - the car is fine, however three days later, the car pings. I called them every day and they eventually fixed it. My Diff leaked (which is why it is with them), and they 'fixed it' once, however it leaked two days later. I am glad I sealed my garage floor, because I would not have been able to wipe it up. I am not going to say that the car has been all bad. I love driving it, and I have a spare car, however it is not the point. I was promised the car back today, however I have been LIED TOO, and when I demanded an apology by the dealer principal, they started making up excuses. I will not go back to Ford unless my car is PERFECT for the next 12,000 Kms (when my 45,000 Km service is due).

-Andrew
Old 31-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if it was put in this morning. then ur asking to much.
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboy
not if they stated it would be ready by 3pm. If they cant do it they should have said in the first place.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not if they promised it would be ready. If they knew it would take longer and could not make the time frame they should of said that before he brought it.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #8
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
No he isn't asking too much. If this was an organised fix - and it was dropped off at say 8am, and it was a full parts replacement not a pull apart, analyse and fix, then 6 hours is not unreasonable at all.
Old 31-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #9
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
No he isn't asking too much. If this was an organised fix - and it was dropped off at say 8am, and it was a full parts replacement not a pull apart, analyse and fix, then 6 hours is not unreasonable at all.
Like a good little boy, my car was at Ford by 7:30 AM. I was one of the first through the 'garage door', and when I handed the car over, I was told 'It would be ready by 1500'. I had my Wife finish work early to meet me, and drive me to Ford, but that didn't happen because of lies. I was lucky to catch her before she left, but tomorrow, Ford are getting my Taxi bill to pick up.
Old 31-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

You reckon that they would have supplied you with a loan car from Ford.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #11
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
It doesn't take a day to swap a diff!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #12
parawolf
beep beep

Yeah i'm with John, they should have given him a loan car free.
Old 31-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #13
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

you will have to tell us how it pans out when you shove a taxi bill in their face
Old 31-10-2005, 10:16 PM   #14
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
It doesn't take a day to swap a diff!!
depending on amount of customers. monday madness
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:20 PM   #15
Paxton
Cobblers!

I was told that there was NO cars they could give me. I then asked for a BF Falcon, because they had about a dozen for demonstrators at the dealership, and in the warehouse above, but of-course, no, I can't have one of those. The BMW was used for the first time on a week day since I got the car, because of Ford's incompetence. All that was being done to the Territory was swap the Front Diff, and re-install a screw into the rear armrest, that my Brother-in-law broke on Sunday. I understand that Ford are hardworking, but I know that is isn't that hard to replace a diff in any car. Cabcharge here Ford come.
Old 31-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Pfft...

If they were a decent bunch they would give you a new car demonstrator to take home.. shows how uncommitted they are to their customers.

Our Territory is a joke, it rattles like an old freight train now when you drive it, its only done 11,000 kays, not to mention the other terminal issue with it that they are stuffing around with....
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:22 PM   #17
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

vilkas

Last edited by VilkasBAMIIXR6T; 01-11-2005 at 09:47 PM.
VilkasBAMIIXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:42 PM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilkasBAMIIXR6T
As the owner of a Ford, I can say, been there, copped that. This is how Ford treats all of its warranty problems. Nothing but broken promises, p%^s poor communication and lousy workmanship. My BA XR8 spent 3 weeks off the road in less than 10 months. One occasion was for two weeks and they still didn't fix it properly!!

There customer service centre are incompetent, unhelpful, ill informed. totally bl*&dy useless.

Quality is not standard
And they probably wonder why their sales have been **** poor for the past few months. Are they ever going to understand poor quality and poor dealer servicing is driving customers away in droves never to return, especially now that they need them more than ever due to the high petrol prices.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #19
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Holden are like this too half the time...it seems dealerships in general kinda suck!!...your local mechanic who happens to be a car enthusiast like yourself, would no doubt give better service, its unfortunate that sometimes some people and their cars are tied to dealerships for warranty purposes....i took my holden in to ford to get fixed (its where i have my warranty and although i do not have to send it there for warranty purposes, i thought i would try them) for a whistling belt. Now the drive belts looked ok, but im no mechanic so i booked it in and they replaced the idler pulley....was quiet for a few days on start up, then started whistling again....took it back in and they replaced the drive belt and alls fine now. But logic says, if you go to the trouble of replacing an idler pully/tensioner or whatever the first time, surely you would notice a crappy belt needing to be changed?
On a 2nd occasion i noticed i was starting to chew through p/s fluid. It was actually starting to leak all over the alternator....fords solution was to replace all the hose clamps...wow they outdid themselves there....needless to say the car went back again and got a new p/s pump, new hoses and even a new resoviour....oddly the steering feels heavier now, i just dont know what to do about that one, its probably normal, but thats a whole other rant :
I guess dealerships take the cheaper option first as a rule of thumb.
I dunno, dealerships are dodgy...oh well theres my gripe

Last edited by SSBUB; 01-11-2005 at 12:03 AM. Reason: crappy spelling
Old 01-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #20
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Take it to Jubilee Ford and talk to Tony the service manager. They don't BS you. Take all of our Fords their and even non Fords and they seem really intent on getting the job done. On many occasion, (like just a service) the car is finished early. The service advisors are very good too, and have all worked on the tools at Jubilee so they understand the polititcs of dealing with FoMoCo for warranty issues, and they'll tell you straightup how long it will be.

Also, it will help if you explain the problems you've had at Dominelli.

And BTW, there's a mechanic there that is so thourough I insist that he does all of our work (It's on my file that nobody touches my cars but him) and in the last 4 years I have never taken anything back for not being done or done incorrectly. I can tell you now that this guy is priceless.

Quote: