Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default camaro

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technolo...e68e752d17bef8
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
Chopped
as in chopped

Default Re: camaro

" Although the Mustang and Camaro compete head-on for price in the US, the Chevrolet is likely to be at least $20,000 dearer than the Ford.

Camaro pricing is yet to be confirmed but dealers have been given an indicative cost of between $80,000 and $90,000 on the road — about the same as a HSV Clubsport — with a choice of six-speed manual or eight-speed auto. "

Yikes!

Although I suppose HSV were about the same price difference over the fast Falcons, so maybe.

" Those craving even more performance will likely hold out for the Camaro ZL1 1LE — complete with wild race-car-like wings — set to cost in excess of $120,000. It’s due to follow the Camaro SS late next year. "

If they can sell the ZL1 1LE for $120,000 (which I don't believe) then it makes the W1 look like an absolute rip off.

Cmon Ford, where is the GT350R ???????
Old 29-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post

" Those craving even more performance will likely hold out for the Camaro ZL1 1LE — complete with wild race-car-like wings — set to cost in excess of $120,000. It’s due to follow the Camaro SS late next year. "

If they can sell the ZL1 1LE for $120,000 (which I don't believe) then it makes the W1 look like an absolute rip off.
I agree, while the ZL1 1LE is around $70K US ($90K AUD) I think it will have a $150K price tag in this country.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Great news and maybe V8 Supercars can live on with Mustang V Camaro.

Personally I would wait for a factory RHD, I have seen a number of very ordinary conversions.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

About time.. May as well bring over the dodge chargers, challengers, vipers too. KPM do Hennessey kits... mmmmm....
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
GO FURTHER

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

I'd still rather have the Mustang, and with the cash saved buying the Camaro, take it to Herrod Performance and get their ADR complaint Supercharger performance kit installed.

Pumping out 670HP (500kw) & 540 ft-lbs (730n/m) of tyre shredding torque!

You are then looking at a dead-set 11 second car.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Wait...

Did Dowling just make a whole story up based on seeing 2 cameros in holdens yard?

I suppose he needs to gush over something...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Typical of Holden , dragging in LHD and converting it over..Not a real factory built version by any stretch of the imagination. Wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole even if i could afford one . At least the Chevrolet SS (Commodore) was built here with LHD in the plan for export.
Get real Holden , suck it up and wait for a proper RHD Camaro supposedly when the new platform comes along and don't cheat , ya buggers.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #9
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"DIEHARD Holden V8 fans have a reason to cheer"
Uhhh? It's not a Holden. Dowling isn't going to know what to do with himself when the Holden factory shuts and they start importing Peugeotdores.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
turbo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #10
Nu66et
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A locally converted Camaro would be as much of a success against a Factory RHD Mustang as the FTE Mustang was against Monaro.
Nu66et is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #11
UTXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
"DIEHARD Holden V8 fans have a reason to cheer"
Uhhh? It's not a Holden. Dowling isn't going to know what to do with himself when the Holden factory shuts and they start importing Peugeotdores.
nah dont be so hard on them....theyve been putting chevy bowties on their holdens for years...let em pretend...theyre not hurting anyone...
UTXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #12
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Lol @ Holden cheating, so salty.

Go Crows!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #13
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shocking design, ugly US styling.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #14
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good news, more choice on the market can't be a bad thing.
Ford did the same thing with the older generation mustang in Australia, so np.

Might even be safer than a mustang.
They look good.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #15
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Lol @ Holden cheating, so salty.

Go Crows!
..Holden mistake No.1 ..Calling the Insignia replacing the Commodore a Commodore.
Holden mistake No. 2 (potentially) Would be hacking into a LHD only designed and built Camaro and making out it's the real deal

The pain of losing proper Holden cars built for this country is bad enough but by doing this sort of smoke and mirrors stuff is disappointing to say the least.
If Dodge do it too , it's cheating , no more needs to be said really .

Ford took a risk designing the 'new' Mustang for a global market that includes RHD countries and the demand in most RHD outposts has probably surprised even Ford bigwigs.
Maybe GM and Dodge should take a lesson from this and hasten their next generation universal Camaro's ,Chargers etc to do the same so that the customers will buy a car with that in mind , not after thought or testing the water examples this looks like .

GO THE MIGHTY TIGERS TOMORROW.. It's way overdue..
Old 29-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #16
sr71

Very ordinary journalist isn't he. If he didn't have a reputation (deservedly bad), I'd have read that story as a traineeship journalist, just starting up.
It's not a new story, and doesn't say much about his target audience.

Back to the Camaro. I like it. But wouldn't want anything to do with a converted LHD. Especially with the chance that next gen is going to be factory engineered RHD.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #17
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

In the US they both have mostly "Good" (Highest rating) and 1 "Acceptable" (Mid rating).

Only various collisions and a rollover are considered.

Lane change avoidance and self braking are not considered.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It sounds good until they mention the LHD conversion

Might as well wait until they get the RHD model in.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2017, 11:51 PM   #19
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
..Holden mistake No.1 ..Calling the Insignia replacing the Commodore a Commodore.
Holden mistake No. 2 (potentially) Would be hacking into a LHD only designed and built Camaro and making out it's the real deal

The pain of losing proper Holden cars built for this country is bad enough but by doing this sort of smoke and mirrors stuff is disappointing to say the least.
If Dodge do it too , it's cheating , no more needs to be said really .

Ford took a risk designing the 'new' Mustang for a global market that includes RHD countries and the demand in most RHD outposts has probably surprised even Ford bigwigs.
Maybe GM and Dodge should take a lesson from this and hasten their next generation universal Camaro's ,Chargers etc to do the same so that the customers will buy a car with that in mind , not after thought or testing the water examples this looks like .

GO THE MIGHTY TIGERS TOMORROW.. It's way overdue..
So you reckon the hand built right hand steer Camaro screwed together by HSV wont be as good as an American produced Mustang from an assembly line pumping out hundreds if not thousands a day.
Cool story bro, this isn't some back yard operation, its HSV FFS and they have turned out some of the best examples of performance car in this countries history.
I'm sure it'll be ok.

As for the Holden BS, I was born less than 500m from the Holden plant at Elizabeth, lived there for 90% of my life and have life long friends who have done up to 50yrs in the place and am proud enough to admit I shed a tear with them when the announcements were made, you don't need to lecture me on the pain of losing manufacturing in this country, I live it on a daily basis and I'm sure those Mexicans (I can say that right now as I'm currently in NSW) who once called Broady their home away from home would agree.

It is admirable how staunch you are to the blue oval, but hard to take you serious sometimes.

Oh, and before you posts some long winded reply with lots of full stops and some irrelevant utube vids, I'm off to hang **** on Richmond supporters on BF.
Were the pride of South Australia....

Last edited by BENT_8; 30-09-2017 at 12:09 AM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2017, 04:56 AM   #20
Mainforcepatrol

Would people really care if the Camaro wore a Chev and not a Holden badge.I have seen a fair number of Commodores wearing Chev badges of late which gives all the more ammo for GM HQ in closing down the Holden brand.
Mainforcepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #21
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I love my Mustang, I also love the Dodge Challenger the Hell Cat a factory car with 707 HP/ 650 Torque @ 4800

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2017, 07:44 AM   #22
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you reckon the hand built right hand steer Camaro screwed together by HSV wont be as good as an American produced Mustang from an assembly line pumping out hundreds if not thousands a day.
Cool story bro, this isn't some back yard operation, its HSV FFS and they have turned out some of the best examples of performance car in this countries history.
I'm sure it'll be ok.

As for the Holden BS, I was born less than 500m from the Holden plant at Elizabeth, lived there for 90% of my life and have life long friends who have done up to 50yrs in the place and am proud enough to admit I shed a tear with them when the announcements were made, you don't need to lecture me on the pain of losing manufacturing in this country, I live it on a daily basis and I'm sure those Mexicans (I can say that right now as I'm currently in NSW) who once called Broady their home away from home would agree.

It is admirable how staunch you are to the blue oval, but hard to take you serious sometimes.

Oh, and before you posts some long winded reply with lots of full stops and some irrelevant utube vids, I'm off to hang **** on Richmond supporters on BF.
Once you get insulting mate I couldn't care less with what you think any more. Hate it when someone with a different opinion gets attacked personally. Not cool. Take a chill pill before you upset someone else.

Last edited by roddy1960; 30-09-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 30-09-2017, 08:03 AM   #23
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
Would people really care if the Camaro wore a Chev and not a Holden badge.I have seen a fair number of Commodores wearing Chev badges of late which gives all the more ammo for GM HQ in closing down the Holden brand.
I have always considered it a “sickness” with these”bogans” with their Chevy bow ties on their Commodores, they obviously have an identity problem.Cheers
Old 30-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #24
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day . This'll be much better for everybody . A little patience may well be rewarded with a 'from the ground up' RHD Camaro . Hope so for the GMH fans in this country. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/03/...e-green-light/ . Cheers Rod.
Old 30-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #25
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
I have always considered it a “sickness” with these”bogans” with their Chevy bow ties on their Commodores, they obviously have an identity problem.Cheers
No more than some of the Ford bogans here who cant let go of the hate.
When its all the same company... what identity crisis can there be...ffs.
Old 30-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #26
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
As i alluded to (& I stand by my remark) they are bogans.Why on earth would you want to do it? Oh I forgot.it’s because I drive a Chevy.And let’s face it Chevy is way down the list in the US in reliability etc...it is not held in high esteem.(fact)Cheers oh sorry, “ffs”! PS: I am certainly not a “Holden” hater as you so eloquently put it.OK?
Old 30-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #27
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
As i alluded to (& I stand by my remark) they are bogans.Why on earth would you want to do it? Oh I forgot.it’s because I drive a Chevy.And let’s face it Chevy is way down the list in the US in reliability etc...it is not held in high esteem.(fact)Cheers oh sorry, “ffs”! PS: I am certainly not a “Holden” hater as you so eloquently put it.OK?
If they are bogans so are ford "fans" especially around here and where I grew up, looking for any minute detail to bag out GM.
Chevrolet has a great many classics in its past like Ford.
And GMH has used Chevrolet engines in its past..
Is it that hard to grasp?
Old 30-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #28
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If they are bogans so are ford "fans" especially around here and where I grew up, looking for any minute detail to bag out GM.
Chevrolet has a great many classics in its past like Ford.
And GMH has used Chevrolet engines in its past..
Is it that hard to grasp?
I will you ask you again.Why on earth would you want to put a Chevy bow tie badge on a Holden? Really quite stupid and unnecessary? And as I said I did not or have ever “bagged” the Holden brand.Just making a observation on this quite stupid practice on an iconic Australian brand.(& I have owned quite a few Holden’s many,many years ago.Cheers
Old 30-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #29
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't Cry!
The world is not going to end tomorrow.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2017, 01:16 PM   #30
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm sure it'll be ok.

Let me guess. You were born on the back seat of a 1967 Holden.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post